The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Promnesia by Graeme David Fishwick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
CardGuyMike
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
This looks interesting, sort of like the recently released Turn.

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/promnesia-by-......ick.html

Any reviews? It seems like it isn't being sold anywhere other than Alakazam.
magicg73
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicg73
Hi CardGuyMike,

I am the creator of Promnesia. If I can help in any way then please shout up. There's a couple of reviews on the Alakazam link you posted.

From what I can gather people are liking the effect. It's my first release and had been in development for two years before Alakazam got involved.

Please be gentle people as I know the Café can be a strange place sometimes.

I appreciate ALL reviews both positive and negative. But please be polite and I will be polite back.

Regards

Graeme.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1207 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I have finished watching the tutorial and am delighted with my purchase. This is **** easy to do, there is one sleight to learn which is shown in the tutorial but most will already know how to do it. Dave loosely has a brilliant version but I prefer Graeme's original.
When this arrives I will be taking twisted sisters out of my wallet and this going straight into it.

Kieran
magicg73
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicg73
Hi Kieran,

Thank you so much for the review. As much as I like Dave's version (and Andy's colour blind) I prefer mine (Hey, I'm biased!) as it fits into my patter much better. I now perform it with blank cards that magically print. The beauty of this release is that you can swap and change the cards around to suit different performances.

Thanks again Kieran,

Graeme.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Graeme, congratulations on your first release -- I'm a sucker for packet tricks like this. I see the reviews on Alakazam, and with free worldwide shipping I may have to take the plunge. A shame this seems to have flown under the radar compared to all the hype over Turn. I like this effect better, especially as it seems to use a more familiar sleight and perhaps without the "special something" on the cards.

- Mike
magicg73
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicg73
Mike, thank you for the congratulations, it's appreciated. I wanted to create an effect that had a very fast reset and was perfect for table hopping. I believe I have achieved that. I have many different variations of the same effect which I am currently switching to and from depending on what mood I am in. It was only released last Tuesday (18-6-2019) so I am hoping that it will become more well known and more importantly that people like it. Word of mouth can be a powerful thing either way. I'm just a Mr Nobody in the grand scheme of things. I hope that this may change that. If I can help in any way then please feel free to search my name on social media. I am always open to chat when I can. I'm very approachable. Thanks again for the kind words.

-Graeme.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1133 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Got it. Its a really great routine. You get a lot of mileage out of simple moves needed for every serious card magician. Plenty of astonishing changes in one routine. And a great storyline too. Definately a worker - and a keeper.
magicg73
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicg73
Vraagaard,
Thanks very much for that. Much appreciated. Pleased you're enjoying it.

-Graeme
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of montanna40
That looks great

Does it involve the Elmsley Count?
magicg73
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicg73
Montanna40-Thank you for the message. As this is a forum that's open to the public I am not at liberty to say what it does and doesn't use but rest assured that everything needed is included within the package, including the correct move(s) which are taught by Dave. What is needed to accomplish Promnesia is well within peoples grasp and pretty easy to do once you get the handling down. There are no 'difficult' moves.

Thanks

-Graeme
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of montanna40
That will do for me

Just put in my order . Thank you
magicg73
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicg73
Montanna40 - I'm sure you're going to love it. Much appreciated.

Thanks again,

- Graeme
Drtriage
View Profile
Veteran user
My garden fence has
330 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, magicg73 wrote:
Hi Kieran,

Thank you so much for the review. As much as I like Dave's version (and Andy's colour blind) I prefer mine (Hey, I'm biased!) as it fits into my patter much better. I now perform it with blank cards that magically print. The beauty of this release is that you can swap and change the cards around to suit different performances.

From what you say - can you make your cards to custom design for your own theme? (eg preparing cards by writing / drawing on a blank faced card for a corporate gig) or do you have to use pre-printed cards supplied? (I don't mind a bit of arts and crafts).

looks a great effect.
magicg73
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicg73
Drtriage- using the supplied cards it's very, very simple to exchange certain cards to create a new routine to suit patter for corporate gigs, birthdays, product launches.

The only arts and crafts needed is the ability to write. You could make custom cards to create special giveaways by either splitting the cards or using stickers to create them.

Your imagination can and will run wild using these cards.

I hope this helps.

-Graeme
Drtriage
View Profile
Veteran user
My garden fence has
330 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Thanks for a very helpful reply.
magicg73
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicg73
You're very welcome Drtriage
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
86 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
Graeme:

This looks great. Are you going to have distribution in the US on this? All dealers appear to be in the UK.
magicg73
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicg73
EvilClown,

Thanks mate. Alakazam have the full rights to my release and I believe it's world wide shipping.

I hope this helps,

Graeme.
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
86 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
Shipping from the UK can be pricey. I’ll check.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4033 Posts

Profile of videoman
Currently free world wide shipping from Alakazam.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Promnesia by Graeme David Fishwick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL