The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » David Britland's Gemini Twins creation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
While doing some research on the Gemini Twins plot (attributed to Karl Fulves), I Stumbled upon a nice application by David Britland from his book "Psycho-Mancy", published in 1986, called "My Name is Legion". It's based on Nick Trost's marketed deck "Rainbow Miracles" (1986), which can be found in "Subtle Card Creations Vol. 3". I suspect Trost's creation inspired other similar effects besides David's.

"My Name is Legion" also uses a special deck. The backs of the cards have names of celebrities (movie stars) written on them. Not only are two like pairs matched up, but two pairs of celebrities who go together, such as Laurel & Hardy. When the deck is spread, it's shown to be all blank. I thought this was a really nice idea that could be applied to other subjects.

Caleb Wiles published a similar idea to Britland's, almost 30 years later, called the "Paparazzi Packet Trick"(Genii, Dec. 2014, p22), although his method and approach are different. I don't know if Caleb was aware of David's version, since there was know mention of it in his write up.

NOTE: Please don't confuse this with Brother John Hamman's "Twins" as so many seem to do.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
If you like Stolen Cards (Lennert Green), Kaleidoscope Cards (Daryl) or Quintuplicate Coincidence (Dave Van Vranken/Scotty York), I think you’ll like this effect by David Britland.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » David Britland's Gemini Twins creation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL