The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Razor wallet by dee christopher (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I could be wrong, but I had heard that even the Telethought wallets were being sold with the new stuff these days? Does he have a stash of the good stuff?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes a massive stash of the original stuff , Gaz 🙂
Rooster
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Can anyone confirm how many credit cards it can carry without interfering with the function? Doesn't look like that many.
I mean, not that I, um, am at all interested. Because I just bought a new wallet and everything.

Also, side note about the filter. From what I've been able to gather, the original Telethought filters are no longer available. They had a unique oblique angle and were effective (blocking) from the sides as well. I was told they were made for skylights originally.

The newer ones are like what the Pantera has. They're made for computer screens so they're only 2 way. The angle is more straight on and it doesn't work from the sides (i.e. anyone standing next to you could also see what you see). I would assume that the Razor has the new ones?

You can hold two debit cards in the front pocket one in the second pocket(along with the special gimmicked card). I also carry folded notes in the I.D compartment along with the blank cards
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yes a massive stash of the original stuff , Gaz 🙂

Oh my, that is very good to know! Thanks!

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, Rooster wrote:

You can hold two debit cards in the front pocket one in the second pocket(along with the special gimmicked card). I also carry folded notes in the I.D compartment along with the blank cards

Thank you!
That's fairly limiting in terms of an every day carry, at least for me. K, I can be happy with my Rebel Peek now. Had a little FOMO for a minute. Carry on.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
I generally ask the following two questions about Peek devices/wallets
Realizing that some may flame these questions
As overkill or running when not chased

1. Can the spectator place the card in the wallet ?

2. Does the mentalist need to go back to the Wallet
And handle it yet again
in an effort to To maybe remove something (business card)
As the the peak is then obtained ?
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2019, smikey12000 wrote:
I generally ask the following two questions about Peek devices/wallets
Realizing that some may flame these questions
As overkill or running when not chased

1. Can the spectator place the card in the wallet ?

2. Does the mentalist need to go back to the Wallet
And handle it yet again
in an effort to To maybe remove something (business card)
As the the peak is then obtained ?

1. Yes providing once instructed to, the spectator places it correctly into the exact credit card slot required in order to obtain the p**k

2. Yes, but only to put the wallet down or back into the performs pocket. You never need to take it back and remove a business card in order to obtain the p**k
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Point 1,never understood... However, why not offer up the wallet and tap where they can put it... So they slide it in, you're holding the wallet... Half looking away...

And make sure the other pocket is full, probably with business cards so they can't put it back there...
I've asked to be banned
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
Many thanx for this additional information
Much appreciated
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I just received mine and love it. The wallet is slim and decent quality which should last decades with reasonable care. The privacy filter is the standard computer screen type and is optional depending on what routine you use to gain your Peek. It can be performed like a standard SUC or a Caper Case depending on your preference. It also comes with a very clever transparent card with an opaque edge as an added subtle convincer that you are placing the card in a pocket above another card. I placed a TeleThought filter in mine and just took it to the next level.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Okay so just got mine today. Absolutely love the way this thing works. Beautiful subtleties and the simplicity of it definitely makes it a worker for me. HOWEVER. I have a big issue.. I literally just practiced putting cards in and taking them out and within 30 minutes the faux leather has literally ripped and also came “unglued” in an important spot from the cards just going in and out making the workings more difficult. So.. I’m confused by the reviews saying it would last a very long time. Unless mine is not normal? Idk.. Kinda disappointed to be honest..
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
That's really disappointing to hear...have you contacted the dealer to see if they will replace it? Hopefully they will...
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Not even real leather? Hmm...
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 27, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Not even real leather? Hmm...

It’s labeled as cruelty-free to appeal to vegan performers which I totally am fine with. And again I’m seriously LOVING the workings of the wallet.. I really want to use it in my strolling gigs but this just stinks that it already tore..

I did just email the company I purchased from so we will see.

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Extremely nice minimalist wallet. Very clear and full peek. Yes, it really does do what it says. Smile
A little closer to a business card case than a wallet in my mind but I’m trying to downsize and go minimalist. But it’s nice that it will hold playing cards because you may have a need for that in the future and it’s frustrating when your wallet is a quarter inch too small.

TheDirectionalist, I also only just received this wallet and have probably used it a similar amount as you did when you posted. However, mine shows no wear. I also believe Rooster in his review so I have to believe you unfortunately received a lemon. I am confident that Penguin will replace it no problem.

As stated in reviews as well as the tutorial the wallet is manufactured using vegan leather. This is a plus if you live a cruelty free lifestyle or if you have future spectators who may. But Dee states that this also keeps the price as low as it is.

I’m totally fine with the faux leather. It is very soft and seems to be very durable, but only time will tell. Although many users bought there Razor wallets at Blackpool and have given it months of use without issues.

For the price I consider it to be an excellent value and a worthwhile addition to the marketplace.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Not real leather is a deal breaker for me.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
It’s a good value. The accompanying clear card eliminates the need to cut a portion of a business card and glue it above a pocket. I contacted Dee and asked him if he could sell me extras for my other wallets but unfortunately he only had enough manufactured for the wallets he is selling. Perhaps he will reconsider this in the future as I can anticipate demand from existing wallet owners.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2019, Jerry wrote:
Not real leather is a deal breaker for me.

If I hadn't been told it wasn’t real, I would think it was real leather.
Have you had issues with faux leather not holding up, or do you have other problems with it?
As long as it is durable and looks nice I have no preference for it being real.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2019, rmendez wrote:
It’s a good value. The accompanying clear card eliminates the need to cut a portion of a business card and glue it above a pocket. I contacted Dee and asked him if he could sell me extras for my other wallets but unfortunately he only had enough manufactured for the wallets he is selling. Perhaps he will reconsider this in the future as I can anticipate demand from existing wallet owners.

But to be honest it would be very simple to make, not to mention it almost couldn’t help but appear more realistic. Not that there is anything wrong with the one provided.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Faux leather is made from plastic. In general, I've found faux leather wallets not to be anywhere near as durable as real leather wallets. Faux leather wallets tend to crack and tear with frequent use. At least that has been my experience. I haven't bought the Razor wallet and am not speaking about it specifically, just the durability of faux leather material in general.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Chiming back in to let everyone know I did get a replacement sent out to me. Fingers crossed that mine was just a dud!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Razor wallet by dee christopher (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL