The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Razor wallet by dee christopher (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Rooster
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Yer I wouldn’t lie 🤣 Anyone that knows me knows that I’ve had it and used it pretty heavily since Blackpool weekend (so over 5 months of heavy use). TheDirectionalist how many cards were you keeping in the slot? In the instructions Dee only puts in maybe 4-6 business cards. I use blank index cards which are a lot thinner (with less friction in the wallet), meaning I can keep up to about 8/9 cards pretty comfortably.

Glad you have another on it’s way to you though!

In terms of this “cruelty free leather”, I have seen no let up in this wallet compared to my other performing wallet(The Rebel). As you can see from my video that is the condition of the wallet after 5 months of being in my jeans, my hands and other peoples hands.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
876 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2019, Rooster wrote:
Yer I wouldn’t lie 🤣 Anyone that knows me knows that I’ve had it and used it pretty heavily since Blackpool weekend (so over 5 months of heavy use). TheDirectionalist how many cards were you keeping in the slot? In the instructions Dee only puts in maybe 4-6 business cards. I use blank index cards which are a lot thinner (with less friction in the wallet), meaning I can keep up to about 8/9 cards pretty comfortably.

In terms of this “cruelty free leather”, I have seen no let up in this wallet compared to my other performing wallet(The Rebel). As you can see from my video that is the condition of the wallet after 5 months of being in my jeans, my hands and other peoples hands.

2 thin business cards in the slot.. It wasn’t ripped from being too full. It ripped from the cards being pulled out and catching the lip on the ID window. This caused the faux leather itself to tear and also unstick from the ID window. Which basically means when I pull cards out now it pulls leather out with it and makes it more difficult to remove cards.

Makes sense that yours wouldn’t do that since you are using only index cards which aren’t as sharp or sturdy and not small enough to fit under that lip and catch it. Perhaps I won’t be using business cards to avoid the issue.
UBT (UNDERGROUND BOTTOM TEAR) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Rooster
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2019, TheDirectionalist wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2019, Rooster wrote:

2 thin business cards in the slot.. It wasn’t ripped from being too full. It ripped from the cards being pulled out and catching the lip on the ID window. This caused the faux leather itself to tear and also unstick from the ID window. Which basically means when I pull cards out now it pulls leather out with it and makes it more difficult to remove cards.

Makes sense that yours wouldn’t do that since you are using only index cards which aren’t as sharp or sturdy and not small enough to fit under that lip and catch it. Perhaps I won’t be using business cards to avoid the issue.

Yer sounds like a dud then, yes give index cards a try.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2703 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I still have the Outlaw Effects Pantera wallet. Later I remember the Pantera V2 coming out with the 3M privacy screen. Isn’t this wallet just one side of an Outlaw Effects wallet from way back??? Older wallet fans can maybe help here.

I still use this wallet as my every day wallet and it’s still going strong.all those years later - made of leather.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
I bought it. This is great. While I suspect this will last, there is undeniably a "bit" of fragility to it (i.e. see TheDirectionalist experience) I do agree it would have been better in leather, it will definitely last longer, absolutely be more durable (could shove more cards in there), and most probably wouldn't have mind paying more. Maybe eventually there will be a deluxe "meat eaters" version. I suspect not because veganism may be an issue that is close to home for Dee, because the first portion of the video was about why he chose vegan leather (aka plastic). It's his wallet, so his choice of material. As long as mine lasts, I have no complaints. Another benefit is that if you do have a problem, it's less expensive to just buy another.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1309 Posts

Profile of bond19
I’ve asked a leather carver to duplicate the Razor Wallet in fine, hand crafted leather. It’s currently being produced.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2019, rmendez wrote:
It’s a good value. The accompanying clear card eliminates the need to cut a portion of a business card and glue it above a pocket. I contacted Dee and asked him if he could sell me extras for my other wallets but unfortunately he only had enough manufactured for the wallets he is selling. Perhaps he will reconsider this in the future as I can anticipate demand from existing wallet owners.

Yes, this would be great if he could make this happen.

Also something I have done with mine is I took an old credit card and cut a small strip off along the top edge. I then trimmed it to size and attached it along the top edge of the supplied card on the back side.

Now it looks like there are two cards in that pocket as opposed to just the one.

Probably overkill but it does look nice and does not hinder the performance at all.
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Quote:
I just received mine and love it. The wallet is slim and decent quality which should last decades with reasonable care. The privacy filter is the standard computer screen type and is optional depending on what routine you use to gain your Peek. It can be performed like a standard SUC or a Caper Case depending on your preference. It also comes with a very clever transparent card with an opaque edge as an added subtle convincer that you are placing the card in a pocket above another card. I placed a TeleThought filter in mine and just took it to the next level.

If this can be used like a SUC or Caper Case, can you load into it as well?
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2019, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Quote:
It’s a good value. The accompanying clear card eliminates the need to cut a portion of a business card and glue it above a pocket. I contacted Dee and asked him if he could sell me extras for my other wallets but unfortunately he only had enough manufactured for the wallets he is selling. Perhaps he will reconsider this in the future as I can anticipate demand from existing wallet owners.

Yes, this would be great if he could make this happen.

Also something I have done with mine is I took an old credit card and cut a small strip off along the top edge. I then trimmed it to size and attached it along the top edge of the supplied card on the back side.

Now it looks like there are two cards in that pocket as opposed to just the one.

Probably overkill but it does look nice and does not hinder the performance at all.

I do this well but I just put a normal card at the front and the supplied at the back. No trimming necessary.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Razor wallet by dee christopher (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL