The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Which Hand Method & Philosophy by Timon Krause - Mind FX (107 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..20~21~22 [Next]
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:
So this is also good for casual strolling then? It seemed a stage piece with the final prediction. Please tell me no so I'm not looking for reasons to click buy (if you still can).

The routine that he did for P&T is just that, a full routine using the Which Hand method. The prediction portion is in and of itself a method for the prediction itself, not Which Hand. You can use his Which Hand method for any which hand routine you wish to use it in as the method is just that, allowing you to guess which hand a object is being held in My the spectator. It’s not a convoluted method. It’s completely impromptu. You’re doing it for real as there is no mechanical manipulation involved nor is there any verbal manipulation involved. The book goes into great detail about scripting and things like motivation for the moments you are gleaning the information you need to know which hand the object is in. This is to camouflage the method (not that the method is obvious, it’s sort of like a psychological misdirection since one of the key to any great piece of magic includes being able to cancel out methods your audience may come up with on their own let that be them guessing the actual method or any method regardless of how ridiculous it may be, a presumed method makes a effect remembered more as a puzzle in the end rather than a point of pure astonishment, in this instance however in the main routine Timon gives you his full script for, he’s giving you his full script where the plot is influence so you are intentionally leading the audience down the wrong solution path for both theatrical purposes as well as psychological misdirection away from the actual method). The method itself is essentially invisible and lacking any real process so this is as clean as it gets. You can use it to perform Timon’s routine from P&T (hopefully you would tweak it enough to make it your own rather than just copying it verbatim) or you can use it to perform things similar to Colin’s work on which hand.

This essentially replaces fl*x for me as a method for which hand. This also replaces tequila hustler for me as well as this is cleaner and much easier for the audience to follow along. I’ve tried Timon’s method out a few times now after learning it from the book and it’s quite easy as long as you follow Timon’s best practices advice. It’s so easy to learn and practice in fact (if you apply his best practice advice) that I’m actually glad I didn’t buy the accessory pack because I don’t think it’s really necessary. I do however know that some people like to practice something on their own until they are fully capable confident with the material before ever trying it out on actual live people so for them, I can understand and see how the accessory pack would provide excellent value (mainly the deck of practice cards).

That is a wonderfully thorough, and well-rounded response. Thank you, I appreciate it.

Having said that, it also might push me over the edge to buy, which one could argue is your fault. (Could I get your address for an invoice?)

Thanks for taking the time to address all that, nice. (Put the wallet away Nathan, you already have Phasma coming, just put it back...)
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:
That is a wonderfully thorough, and well-rounded response. Thank you, I appreciate it.

Having said that, it also might push me over the edge to buy, which one could argue is your fault. (Could I get your address for an invoice?)

Thanks for taking the time to address all that, nice. (Put the wallet away Nathan, you already have Phasma coming, just put it back...)

Ha ha ha ha ha. My disclaimer is that I refute any claim to your actions in regards to what you buy with your money. LoL.

I also have Phasma coming. Based on what I've read on the Phasma FB group posts, I kind of have an idea as to what this technique is supposed to do and I am incredibly excited to get this! I have a hunch (could be completely wrong) that Phasma may be in the rungs where I put Peter Turner's piggy principle that is taught in DiD2 for versatility and vast applications.

Back to Which Hand though, this really is superb and I love the writing. The footnotes have so many little jokes and anecdotes. Timor even includes call backs to jokes/comments he has made earlier in the book. What a great release. There are some typos which my OCD nature caught and was slightly annoyed by as well as this big typo where one section is 1.3 and the next section is 1.6... so where is 1.4 and 1.5?!? LoL. That's just me nitpicking though. Don't worry, it's not missing content, that was clearly a typo that wasn't caught prior to publication.
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Cant wait for mine to arrive - has anyone received theirs with the bonuses?
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I can see using this in conjunction with a few routines from Architect of the Mind. Might be a nice little multi-phase routine.
Pugwash
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Pugwash
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, Winnes wrote:
Cant wait for mine to arrive - has anyone received theirs with the bonuses?

Not yet 🤞🏼
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Was ready to pull the trigger, aaaannnnddd it's sold out.

Was that it? All 500 sold?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:

I guess so, LoL. I’m #407. I’m selfishly glad it’s sold out. Less people will know the method!
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:

I guess so, LoL. I’m #407. I’m selfishly glad it’s sold out. Less people will know the method!

Sadly I expect the truth will be... the pirates will sell more than they normally would
Sethekk
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Sethekk
Still waiting for mine to arrive, was hoping to get it this week Smile

I brought with the accessory pack - any updates on if these have been shipped?
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Same here - nothing today so I'm guessing the accessory pack orders haven't gone yet. I'm sure they are worth waiting for though!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Hi Gents, apologies once again for the lack of replies on here, the past few weeks have been the busiest I have ever been with orders and emails and so it has been all hands on deck to keep things running as smoothly as possible. As mentioned earlier all orders for the book only were dispatched and should be dropping through the letterboxes soon if they haven’t landed already.

The decks themselves were scheduled to land on Wednesday of last week to fulfil the orders that were placed for the book and accessory packs. Sadly they didn’t land as expected and so I spend the tail end of last week making phone calls between wrapping, emailing and posting to find out what was happening with them. Thankfully I was provided with the answers I needed and the printing company had decided for some reason to switch the company they ship with to UPS.

UPS had been holding onto the decks pending payment of customs charges that I wasn’t made aware of but thankfully these were all paid up and the decks were released and they have told me that they will de delivered on Monday. Since everything else is ready I will be adding the decks to the boxes and shipping the orders the moment the decks land so all will be shipped on Monday or Tuesday very latest depending on the time the cards are dropped off.

Once the decks land I will open up the additional sales of the accessory packs for those that missed out originally. For those still wanting the book I still have a small reserve amount that are being held onto until all previous orders have been delivered. When this happens I will release the rest on a first come first serve basis and you can pre-register your interest by filing out the email form on the product page.

For those that have the book and those that are yet to receive them, there is an additional small bonus which will be emailed over once the books have all been posted!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
My book just arrived, very exciting.
streifi
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
3 Posts

Profile of streifi
I missed the preorder... Anybody willing to sell the book to me?

Maybe somebody has read the book and is willing to sell...

It would really mean a lot to me!
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I've received it. It's fantastic. I have been successfully performing this for a while now, and I was only using roughly one fourth of the method because I didn't know all his work on it. Now I'm sure fire. I think this is stronger and more reliable than anything with batteries. I haven't even gotten to the routines yet, just the nuts and bolts. But, I see they all sold which I'm impressed by, sorry if you missed it. I truly hope this stays within its publication and doesn't end up in the pirate sites or torrents. But if you ever see it second hand don't hesitate, it's a great.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Is there a facebook group for this?
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
Still waiting for the shipping of the book incl. Accessory pack Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I am happy to report that the decks landed today and I managed to get 100 book and accessory packs posted and the remainder are sitting by the office door and will be dropped off at the post office first thing tomorrow morning Smile

Pending the delivery of more papers I will then re-open sales of just the accessory packs for those that missed out the first time around.

And now, it is time for me to sleep and gather my energy for a super busy day again tomorrow!

Many thanks for the patience with this, I must admit that I expect the books to sell out in about four weeks not ten days Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Pugwash
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Pugwash
Well done Michael.
Many thanks for all your efforts in meeting this demand. They are very much appreciated.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I missed out on the accessory pack so will definitely be picking it up separately once available.
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2019, celebrity wrote:
I am happy to report that the decks landed today and I managed to get 100 book and accessory packs posted and the remainder are sitting by the office door and will be dropped off at the post office first thing tomorrow morning Smile

Pending the delivery of more papers I will then re-open sales of just the accessory packs for those that missed out the first time around.

And now, it is time for me to sleep and gather my energy for a super busy day again tomorrow!

Many thanks for the patience with this, I must admit that I expect the books to sell out in about four weeks not ten days Smile

Best Wishes Michael

Hi Michael

This book sounds so intriguing. Unlucky me noticed too late that this was up for sale, unfortunately. What do you reckon, when will it be available again through mindfx.co.uk?

Looking forward to reading from you and thanks in advance for taking your time to curb my impatience Smile

All the best from Germany
Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Which Hand Method & Philosophy by Timon Krause - Mind FX (107 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL