The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Which Hand Method & Philosophy by Timon Krause - Mind FX (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2664 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2019, Paul S Wingham wrote:
So the package arrived and oh what a package it was. Firstly, Michael wraps things up good and tight with what appears to be half a role of packing tape, which gives you a lovely challenge before you get to the good stuff. This if anything heightened the anticipation as I wrestled with the tape (in fairness, if I'd got scissors rather than using a door key, it would have been easy Smile

I finally got in and was greeted with a book which is beautiful. I know that's not important to everyone but its important to me and it really is a lovely looking book. However, I guess you aren't interested in Michael's package or what the book looks like, so the review itself. I'll start with the TL:DR version - Superb!

One criticism of some books is they don't give enough background to how the trick evolved, some do too much. This book strikes a perfect balance and introduces me to Timons' writing style, which I really enjoy. It's clear, it's concise and it's witty enough to hold my interest as the subject matter could otherwise be very dry. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

The method is brilliant and whilst I've not tried this in a full performance, I can see it being sure fire with a little practice and the accessory pack really helps you quickly get used to what you are looking for. I currently use flux and I am 95% certain this will replace that method. Firstly because electronics can and do fail and secondly because I actually think this is a cleaner way to achieve the same outcome. I do not say that lightly because flux is an incredibly powerful and reliable tool.

In terms of teaching, the book makes very clear what you have to do and I think most people would at least be able to have a good stab at this, with good results in a very short period of time. Clearly, to be 100% it will take time and practice, but not an absurd amount of time in my opinion. I intend to start practising it soon and may set something up on TAP app to cover any mistakes I make with an out.

So in summary, the book is beautiful, the method solid and the teaching great. If I was on WPR, I'd give it 100%. I genuinely cannot think how they could make this any better.

Surely you could practice this by using Flux to check your hunch why getting the hang of it ? Gaz 🙂
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1612 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I finished reading this last week and I have been putting this into practice on friends, colleagues, family and even a few familiar regulars at residencies. I have now got it down to 95% accuracy! I did have to change one thing to make it more surefire, but by an large, I think this is going to be a part of my working set for many years to come! I can't wait to fully hone the routine to make it even more slick but, I think it is a fantastic routine and I can't recommend it enough!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1333 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Surely you could practice this by using Flux to check your hunch why getting the hang of it ? Gaz 🙂

Yes you could. I mean i’d likely need a different coin to one I use now for flux but yes you could.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
902 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Any issues performing in some places? does the chosen
place effects on the results?
anyone is 100% after some practise?
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
902 Posts

Profile of markhitton
No clothing restriction?
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
385 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Where can I order the extra pack? I already have the book I really don't see the pack on MindFX.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1333 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2019, markhitton wrote:
No clothing restriction?

No clothing restrictions. You could perform with no clothes on....In fact I may well do just that at the next wedding I do.

Answering question above. I think 100% would be as much of a stretch as saying flux or ss3 is 100%. Always scope for performer error and spectator acting out the ordinary, but with practice I think it’d be as reliable as gadget versions and very close to 100%
strollingmagician
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Is this routine from this book? If not, where is this routine published? Thanks.

https://youtu.be/hIqfm-F01YQ
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6697 Posts

Profile of bowers
My book arrived today can't wait to dig in.
Todd
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3677 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The method imo from reading the book is honestly secondary to all of the other information in the book which mainly deals with structure of a routine and a effect. So the Which Hand is in actuality a case study of the theory in action.

This is however not to say that the method isn’t incredible as it is phenomenal and for anybody wishing to learn a which hand method and does not have a pet one they will never stop using, Which Hand by Timon imho is the best method. I’ve been using Timon’s method and my goal with using the method is that I do not need to carry an expensive device around and for impromptu situations, I am now afforded the freedom to use an object which is laying about in the environment to perform which hand with rather than having to carry a special object for the purpose. There is most certainly a greater freedom to perform which hand completely impromptu now but have a level of cleanliness which verbal methods do not provide (since those require the audience and spectator to keep track of far more things in play than Timon’s method requires).
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1011 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
It would be great if there was a FB group for book owners.
TomB
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of TomB
Is this better than sixth sense by Hugo Shelley?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3315 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2019, TomB wrote:
Is this better than sixth sense by Hugo Shelley?

It all depends on how you define better.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Which Hand Method & Philosophy by Timon Krause - Mind FX (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL