The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » The Stranger (iPhone App) by Jonathan Levit (66 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..21~22~23 [Next]
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2019, Kay99 wrote:
But will the international edition be a whole mother app purchase?

Or will it be an update to the existing stranger app?

The existing app will be updated for free with features that will make the app more international. If you would like more detailed information, please feel free to email me at stranger@jonathanlevitcom.
Deignan
View Profile
New user
Poinciana, Florida
17 Posts

Profile of Deignan
I have been performing the old trick "Hello, Mr. Wizard" for more years than most of you have been alive (50 plus years). When The Stranger came to my attention, I was intrigued, but cautious because of the price. Curiosity finally won out and I downloaded the app. My review of this app? WOW! AM I GLAD THAT I PULLED THE TRIGGER ON THIS ONE! Jonathan has produced an absolutely wonderful app! The app itself is amazing, but the performance details are even more amazing. He has included more little details than you can imagine. He left no stone uncovered. The magical effect itself, the tutorials, the many different options available, all make this app well worth the purchase price. While eating lunch at a local restaurant today, I decided to try out the effect on two waitresses and the owner before I left. As I walked out, I heard the three of them saying things like, "How could that even be possible?" "That was a completely random number that we chose!" "I've never seen anything like that!" "How the heck did he do that?" The best part is when I go back to that restaurant, I can present the trick with a different ending. Bottom line? Don't cheap out on this one.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Totally agree with Deignan, and welcome to the board!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Deignan
View Profile
New user
Poinciana, Florida
17 Posts

Profile of Deignan
Thank you StarManager for the welcome, but I've been around since 2002. I don't post much, so the board must categorize me as a "New User". Go figure. GLITCH!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
You got a glitch! Your posts all show NEW USER, 7 Posts!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2019, Deignan wrote:
I have been performing the old trick "Hello, Mr. Wizard" for more years than most of you have been alive (50 plus years). When The Stranger came to my attention, I was intrigued, but cautious because of the price. Curiosity finally won out and I downloaded the app. My review of this app? WOW! AM I GLAD THAT I PULLED THE TRIGGER ON THIS ONE! Jonathan has produced an absolutely wonderful app! The app itself is amazing, but the performance details are even more amazing. He has included more little details than you can imagine. He left no stone uncovered. The magical effect itself, the tutorials, the many different options available, all make this app well worth the purchase price. While eating lunch at a local restaurant today, I decided to try out the effect on two waitresses and the owner before I left. As I walked out, I heard the three of them saying things like, "How could that even be possible?" "That was a completely random number that we chose!" "I've never seen anything like that!" "How the heck did he do that?" The best part is when I go back to that restaurant, I can present the trick with a different ending. Bottom line? Don't cheap out on this one.

I'm thrilled that you are having a great time with this! Thank you!
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Also waiting for the international version 👍😃
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2019, D J Hawkins wrote:

Reminder that you can use the Pizza version in broken English easily in the current English version as it is fast and clear. Just use a international prefix of +1 and a 10 digit "USA" number. Also the connection used with real people is the best and that can be done by anyone in any language.
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
That's right! And, if calling a live person, other than the phone number format on screen (which is being addressed in an upcoming update), the app works perfectly.
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2019, StarManager wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2019, D J Hawkins wrote:

Reminder that you can use the Pizza version in broken English easily in the current English version as it is fast and clear. Just use a international prefix of +1 and a 10 digit "USA" number. Also the connection used with real people is the best and that can be done by anyone in any language.

That's right! And, if calling a live person, other than the phone number format on screen (which is being addressed in an upcoming update), the app works perfectly.
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
I've been this in the U.K. I justify it easily enough but I don't think anyone cares about the US number.
The volunteer enters the numbers, it rings and is answered. There is very little to question.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Bottom line, this effect is totally useful, including and especially the live feature, for everyone, and every language already. There is a wildly helpful support group and an engaged developer who will support international users. Take the plunge and immediately add the live option. Best bang for a few dollars I have bought this year!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Android version still in the works? Fine, I'll test it for you, I won't even charge you. Smile
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Android version still in the works? Fine, I'll test it for you, I won't even charge you. Smile

:) thanks, Nathan!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Just another reason to get an iPhone Nathan . . . . Though that Note 10 is tempting . . .
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I love all the nay sayers! The fewer people doing this effect the better as far as I'm concerned. Sorry Jonathan. I love you and I wish you continued success, but seriously this is one of the best effects to come out in a very long time!

I strive for my audiences to go crazy. I like them to react loudly and insanely, screaming and jumping up and down. These are the reactions I'm getting with "The Stranger". The psychology is perfect. It seems so impromptu, so impossible that people FREAK OUT! So that's the bottom line! This is a killer app.

But that's not all I like about "The Stranger" The app has many options to fit any performance situation and your own style. The menus are easy to navigate. The tutorials are fantastic, all built into the app. You can even print out the scripts (directly from the app) of the pre-recorded conversations so you can practice and make the fake calls seem totally real. When you are using the pre-recorded conversations, Jonathan has built in an invisible method for you to know the exact second the recorded voice will be speaking - so you can time your interaction with the recording perfectly.

I was reluctant at first to spend the $$ for this app. However, I was convinced by a colleague (a well known working pro) to buy it. Glad I did. The app is brilliant technically and magically. He put a lot of time and money into this and deserves all the success and praise he's been getting from his users.

So don't buy this. You don't need it. save your money. Let me enjoy it for myself!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2019, Mediocre the Great wrote:
I love all the nay sayers! The fewer people doing this effect the better as far as I'm concerned. Sorry Jonathan. I love you and I wish you continued success, but seriously this is one of the best effects to come out in a very long time!

I strive for my audiences to go crazy. I like them to react loudly and insanely, screaming and jumping up and down. These are the reactions I'm getting with "The Stranger". The psychology is perfect. It seems so impromptu, so impossible that people FREAK OUT! So that's the bottom line! This is a killer app.

But that's not all I like about "The Stranger" The app has many options to fit any performance situation and your own style. The menus are easy to navigate. The tutorials are fantastic, all built into the app. You can even print out the scripts (directly from the app) of the pre-recorded conversations so you can practice and make the fake calls seem totally real. When you are using the pre-recorded conversations, Jonathan has built in an invisible method for you to know the exact second the recorded voice will be speaking - so you can time your interaction with the recording perfectly.

I was reluctant at first to spend the $$ for this app. However, I was convinced by a colleague (a well known working pro) to buy it. Glad I did. The app is brilliant technically and magically. He put a lot of time and money into this and deserves all the success and praise he's been getting from his users.

So don't buy this. You don't need it. save your money. Let me enjoy it for myself!

I seriously thought all of this above sentiment last night. Was doing the effect and wondering . . . When will someone blurt out that they saw a guy do this last week and he "randomly" got a Pizza joint too!!!! So after some thought, I''ve also decided that I appreciate this effort and effect SO much that I want everyone else to STOP doing it.

To that end, the iPhone app is buggy. There will never be an Android app because, face it, even ANDROID doesn't work by itself! I hate this trick and all you guys out there save your money and do not buy this! I too want it JUST FOR ME!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2019, StarManager wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2019, Mediocre the Great wrote:

I seriously thought all of this above sentiment last night. Was doing the effect and wondering . . . When will someone blurt out that they saw a guy do this last week and he "randomly" got a Pizza joint too!!!! So after some thought, I''ve also decided that I appreciate this effort and effect SO much that I want everyone else to STOP doing it.

To that end, the iPhone app is buggy. There will never be an Android app because, face it, even ANDROID doesn't work by itself! I hate this trick and all you guys out there save your money and do not buy this! I too want it JUST FOR ME!

Haha! I refuse to fall for it! All you guys are doing is making me want it more. Smile

Android, I'm waiting for ya baby...
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I heard they went out of business and they just take your money and you never get the trick. Better stay away from this one . . . LOL!

BUY IT GANG - THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS!
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Has this gone up another 50 pound as you thought it was 100 pound last time I looked at it ,or maybe just me ha
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » The Stranger (iPhone App) by Jonathan Levit (66 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL