The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » The Stranger (iPhone App) by Jonathan Levit (66 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2021, jlevit wrote:
The intent with the revelation modules is to open up creative possibilities, limited by only your imagination. Also, they are designed to streamline the performance by allowing you to input the data more efficiently. The Nail Writer is one of my favorite modules because you can enter anything on the fly, and using the swipe keyboard makes it super easy. And you can find ways to hack the entry (like text replacement, which is REALLY smart), and that's great. Also, the other modules can help you streamline even more. There are lots of ways to go after all of this. In my updates, I am simply trying to give you more options and let you run with them. The Booktest module is one of my favorites because it is so versatile and easy to input data. And, if you want to enter multiple items (like a birthday with day and month, or several objects, or multiple words, etc), this module will let you do that, and it will remember the order in which you choose them.

Thank you for your detailed reply, Mr. Levit.
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Sure thing! Let me know if you have any other questions. Always happy to help!
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2021, jlevit wrote:
Sure thing! Let me know if you have any other questions. Always happy to help!

Yes, one thing : Is the texting subscription the same as the nail writer module? If not, where's the difference between the two?
novasteeple
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of novasteeple
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2021, Gourmet wrote:
Is the texting subscription the same as the nail writer module? If not, where's the difference between the two?

You need the texting subscription for any module that you want to send a text, which essentially means any live stranger who you want to receive a text. You do not need the texting subscription if you only want to use recordings (instead of live strangers), or if you will convey the secret information to your live stranger in a way other than text (in advance with a force to the spectator; using a two-person code while speaking to them; etc.).

The Stranger is still amazing if you don't use the texting service, but so much of the power of the app is based on the integrated texting since most of the modules can't really be used without texting (e.g., try conveying the instructions to solve a Rubik's Cube through casual coded conversation). If you're already investing in the app and your performances, you should 100% get the texting service.
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2021, novasteeple wrote:
You need the texting subscription for any module that you want to send a text, which essentially means any live stranger who you want to receive a text.

Ok, but what is the nail writer module there for then ? What does it do in comparison to the texting feature ?

I´m confused now...
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
The nail writer module allows for the input of any text string. The texting feature sends that information to the stranger automatically.
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Do you currently own the app? I’m also putting together a new introduction video as we speak it will make it all more clear for you.
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2021, jlevit wrote:
Do you currently own the app? I’m also putting together a new introduction video as we speak it will make it all more clear for you.

I'm still on the fence but I will get it, that's for sure.

The cooperation with card shark and the discount provided is just too good, it's just that I'm undecided which module to get.
novasteeple
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of novasteeple
Quote:
Ok, but what is the nail writer module there for then ? What does it do in comparison to the texting feature ? I´m confused now...

Fundamentally, the purpose of The Stranger is to have a third party (the stranger) reveal a piece of secret information. So most of the app is about how to tell the app what the secret information is, and how to get the secret information to the stranger. The classic example is to use the playing card module to secretly enter the name of a card, and then the app texts the name of the card to the stranger. The nailwriter module lets you type in anything. The number module makes it faster to enter numbers. The booktest module makes it faster to enter pre-determined words. The WikiTest module sends the output from the WikiTest app. The CubeSmith module sends instructions for how to solve a Rubik's Cube. Etc.

So the texting subscription is not related to one particular module -- it serves as the way to get the information from any module to the stranger. If you don't have it, the modules can't send the information to the stranger. You would be limited to using the recordings (which do not use the internet or texting) or conveying the secret information to the stranger while talking to them. So if you enter something in the nailwriter module and you don't have the text service, whatever you typed wouldn't have any way to get out of your phone.
novasteeple
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of novasteeple
Quote:
it's just that I'm undecided which module to get.

If you only want to reveal playing cards, WikiText, iThump/Toxic+, or CubeSmith, you don't need to buy any modules. For the paid modules, it's just a matter of what you want to be able to reveal (a random word, a pre-determined word, a number, something spoken, or something from an NFC tag). Get whichever modules correspond to what you want to reveal.

If you only want to use recordings or coded conversations, you don't need the text service. But in general if you want to use live strangers, get the texting subscription.
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Quote:
Quote:
it's just that I'm undecided which module to get.

If you only want to reveal playing cards, WikiText, iThump/Toxic+, or CubeSmith, you don't need to buy any modules. For the paid modules, it's just a matter of what you want to be able to reveal (a random word, a pre-determined word, a number, something spoken, or something from an NFC tag). Get whichever modules correspond to what you want to reveal.

If you only want to use recordings or coded conversations, you don't need the text service. But in general if you want to use live strangers, get the texting subscription.

Thank you VERY much for your responses, they definitely cleared the mist in my head.
novasteeple
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of novasteeple
Quote:
Thank you VERY much for your responses, they definitely cleared the mist in my head.

Happy to help. Once you buy the app, be sure to join the Facebook group and later the WhatsApp group. This is the only magic product that comes with a global army of assistants for your performances. You will not find a more supportive user community, or a more dedicated developer than Jonathan.
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
Quote:

Happy to help. Once you buy the app, be sure to join the Facebook group and later the WhatsApp group. This is the only magic product that comes with a global army of assistants for your performances. You will not find a more supportive user community, or a more dedicated developer than Jonathan.

Thank you for sharing this information! And for the kind words!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

2 questions for those that own it:

1) I know there are recordings in Spanish, so no worries there.

2) Do any of you that have it speak Spanish, and if I purchase willing to be my stranger?

I guess what I am getting at is, when I have them input the 10 numbers here in Mexico, it will dial my stranger, after I force a card or whatever, I want to know if there are Spanish speakers in the facebook group willing to be my stranger?

Thanks, if so let me know and Ill buy it instantly

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
I do have it and I speak Spanish, but my spanish is Castilian... I will sound non Mexican for sure
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2019, StarManager wrote:
Buying it now just because Pegasus like it! He's a great asset to these forums! Will report!

That's funny.
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
It appears that the "contact us" form on the site https://thestrangerapp.com/ is no longer functioning. Does that mean that the app itself is now defunct?
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
Beny
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Beny
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2023, Jonathan1000 wrote:
It appears that the "contact us" form on the site https://thestrangerapp.com/ is no longer functioning. Does that mean that the app itself is now defunct?

No, app is working and even getting a new update soon, I recommend you to join the Facebook group, its pretty active
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » The Stranger (iPhone App) by Jonathan Levit (66 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL