The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Chaining Samson Expedition Amps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aaron martini
View Profile
New user
Vancouver
31 Posts

Profile of aaron martini
I have several systems for sound - but my favourite is the Samson Expedition (100 watts, battery powered, bluetooth and headset also - great price - and it is a solid 100 watts)

But for bigger gigs, I would like to connect it to another Samson Expedition - has anyone done this and what is the largest venue size for two of these chained together?

Aaron Martini
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1800 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
The important thing to understand is that doubling the power by daisy chaining two together does not double the volume. According to this article: https://geoffthegreygeek.com/amplifier-power/, doubling the power will increase the perceived volume by 25%. While that is a boost in volume, the real advantage is the the increased coverage area. By using two speakers, you'll have a much wider coverage area and will fill a room better. I know that doesn't specifically answer your question but, not owning a Samson Expedition, I can't really guess at that. If you don't know anyone who owns the same model as you do, I suggest going to a store that sells them and see if they'll let you daisy chain yours to another one so you can figure out how much more coverage you get.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1800 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I just found this posted in a thread below about sound systems from bsears:

I LOVE my Sampson Expedition XP106 speakers! They sound fantastic with the wireless headset they can come bundled with (instead of the hand-held). In terms of power, I'm happy to say that I bought two units and run them together (with a 1/4 cable) and have done many schools shows with them in gyms and auditoriums for up to 600 people. Yep! 600 people! I've also run pre-show music through both an ipod and my phone via blue-tooth with great success. I have never had any issue at all with these units and recommend them without reservation. One of the best equipment purchases I've ever made.
aaron martini
View Profile
New user
Vancouver
31 Posts

Profile of aaron martini
Thanks, that definitely helps - I'm going to get a second samson expedition.

Martini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Chaining Samson Expedition Amps (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL