The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card-shaped clear acetate to transpose a signature (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Walkio
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Walkio
This idea is a simple one - cut some clear plastic acetate to the exact measurements of a playing card. Have a card 'signed' when of course they really sign the acetate (I suppose you would have to hold it on top of the deck whilst they did it).

Then transpose the signature to a dupe by palming the acetate.

Anyone come across anything like this? Is it practical?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
That's good intuition. In practice there's some lighting risks.

Market item. Also used as locator card introduced to borrowed deck. The transparent cards are sold by the deck at magic shops.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Walkio
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Walkio
Ah yes, it would shine if it caught the light, I hadn't thought of that.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Crystal Method by Darius was exactly this... well it was a whole project with lots of ideas by different people, on how to use them. And yeah, the problem is the light.

//Dan
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
There is no problem with Fax by Loki Kross. Or "sign it and fake it " by me. my effect won't be released but if you get Fax you will have all you need, and will get the joke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card-shaped clear acetate to transpose a signature (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL