The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PHASMA by Phedon Bilek (103 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Okayy. I’ve had PHASMA ever since I snapped it up at Minds, and I’m using this in lots of places. The Facebook group is very much alive with lots of discussion and ideas being passed about and discussed. The way that I’ve been using the PHASMA principles is quite different I think to the book, but it really shows the versatility of combining them differently. And of the technique as a whole.

I now have a new way that I will present and do my thought reading demonstrations - and the reactions it’s been getting have been phenomenal. It’s as clean as anything and not restricted. In a month or two I intend to share it with the group when I’ve had full time to fully work and explore this use. It didn’t take much thought, so this is a solid purchase and I’m over the moon with it.
imacmagic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of imacmagic
Just got my copy... it’s a brilliant idea. I found it frustrating to read 11 pages on the Café and not know what the effect I was buying was, so if anyone else is in my shoes I can safely say that the effects contained include things like naming a merely thought of object/name/place.

That might not sound that remarkable, but the thing is:

1) it makes these trick easier to perform (arguably reducing large chunks of process)
2) it makes tricks hit far more frequently
3) and best of all (IMHO), because there is less process, the effects hit harder

Love it!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I'm still reading it, but I definitely think it's a valuable technique so far. I don't do much propless, but I do think the ideas are very valuable when applied to more sure fire methods. I think this could be a great way to get more hits and more impossible revelations out of things I'm already doing.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Taha
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Taha
I got phasma at minds, and as soon as Phedon started lecturing, ideas were coming to my mind. The thing with it is that as time goes by, we're seeing all the more it's true capacity. It's limitless, and I highly encourage all the buyers to go to the Facebook group, because new ideas are being put every once in a while, and Phedon is sharing some unreleased material and ideas in it too. It's actually one of the most active groups I'm on, and it's really great to see all these ideas of using phasma in so many different situations.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, phedonbilek wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I just received my copy. First impression: no sponge ball routines. Not one.

Wrong. Look at page 149.

I think these would be perfect for the sponge ball thing:

https://www.ellusionist.com/black-spongeballs.html
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2019, MitchellK wrote:
The way that I’ve been using the PHASMA principles is quite different I think to the book, but it really shows the versatility of combining them differently. And of the technique as a whole.

Mitchell, this is the best compliment one could give me. I gave a tool, and the routines I presented are just to demonstrate the uses I have for it. You using this tool to go in a different way that fits your style is exactly what I am expecting everyone to do.

And by the way... Your idea is pure genius. I am glad and honoured you agreed to make it a contribution to Orion. I wish I had come up with it, I would have definitely used it at MIND6.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2706 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
A lot of “genius” being thrown around in this thread. What word would you guys use for ideas of people like Einstein? He probably sucked at propless, but still... Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 23, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:

I think these would be perfect for the sponge ball thing:

https://www.ellusionist.com/black-spongeballs.html

LOL For a Phasma routine with scary magicians! “Think of a magician that creeps you out a bit...” oh no wait, that category is not NEARLY a restrictive enough Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
In addition to the principle behind PHASMA, what I found of especial value was reading the script and words Phedon uses. I felt I was reading a masterclass on presentation and while this suits Phedon's style and persona, I gained many valuable insights and tips from what I read. From this aspect alone, PHASMA is a superb and instructive read.

Neil
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
A lot of “genius” being thrown around in this thread. What word would you guys use for ideas of people like Einstein? He probably sucked at propless, but still... Smile

If Einstein was a mentalist he’d never come around here. He just wouldn’t feel qualified enough 😂

Phedon
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Still waiting for my copy Smile
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Me too
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Got It!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

There was in glitch in the Matrix, I think... either that or one of you owns a Delorean and has a hairdo like the aformentioned Einstein.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Still waiting on my copy to arrive in the mail but what Phasma is had been generously revealed to me whilst I await my copy of the book. What a GREAT concept. This tool can be applied to soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many different things both prop and propless. This ranks highly on my list of essential tools for the mentalism toolbox. It is right up there with Peter Turner's piggyback concept. In fact, I'm toying with how to use Phasma for piggybacking...
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2019, NeilS wrote:
In addition to the principle behind PHASMA, what I found of especial value was reading the script and words Phedon uses. I felt I was reading a masterclass on presentation and while this suits Phedon's style and persona, I gained many valuable insights and tips from what I read. From this aspect alone, PHASMA is a superb and instructive read.

Neil

Neil,

I'm glad you spotted these details. I have elaborated everything to maximize both hit rates and impact on participant AND audience watching.

Never hesitate to reach out should you have any question

Thank you again for your words

Phedon
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Still waiting on my copy to arrive in the mail but what Phasma is had been generously revealed to me whilst I await my copy of the book. What a GREAT concept. This tool can be applied to soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many different things both prop and propless. This ranks highly on my list of essential tools for the mentalism toolbox. It is right up there with Peter Turner's piggyback concept. In fact, I'm toying with how to use Phasma for piggybacking...

Where will I find Petes piggyback principle?

Thanks
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2019, bond19 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:

Where will I find Petes piggyback principle?

Thanks

I believe it's gone over in one of his Masterclass PDFs and he goes over it in Not So Bold Pin on the DiD2 project.

As an aside, am I the only one still waiting on my copy of Phasma? I ordered it on the 3rd.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
As an aside, am I the only one still waiting on my copy of Phasma? I ordered it on the 3rd.

What the...? Really...? 😲
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2019, phedonbilek wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:

What the...? Really...? 😲

Yup. Also thank you of course for the earlier PM and e-mail Smile

I pinged Michael on FB messenger but I don't think he had gotten around to check it yet. This is by far the longest anything has taken to get to me from MindFX.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PHASMA by Phedon Bilek (103 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL