The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Choice by Jerome Sauloup and Magic Dream (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
In 2009, Jerome Sauloup developed a trick called "Automatic Open Prediction," and fooled many magicians with it: Gaetan Bloom, Dirk Losander... After a few evolutions, he came up with a 2-deck presentation even more impossible because the spectators were doing all the work. Shawn Farquar and Eric Jones had the chance to witness this routine and were blown away.

After 10 years in development, Choice is now available! The idea is very simple. You show 2 decks, a red one and a blue one. You hand them out to 2 spectators; they will deal down as many cards as they want and stop whenever they want. Then, they exchange the cards they stopped on. When the two cards are revealed, they are the same! And as a kicker ending, all the other cards are completely blank.

This trick is dead easy to do, and the magician never touches the cards! The spectators are activating the gimmick by themselves. Includes a bonus effect with a borrowed deck of cards.

• Decks and gimmick provided
  • The magician never touches the cards
  • Completely hands off and self-working
  • Quick reset
  • Easy enough for the beginner and strong enough for the pro
  • 2 variations explained: in the hands (for strolling magic) or on the table

"Choice is clean and efficient. So well that you might think it's technical. Well, no, it's easy too!"
- Bernard Bilis

"Your best Choice is Jerome Sauloup, a fantastic performer and a Machiavellian creator."
- Jean-Jacques Sanvert

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=64670
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
I love the clarity of CHOICE. It's simply two spectators performing the effect for each other.. Nice to stand back and become a spectator for a change Smile
This is going to be one of the core items the team dem day to day in the magic shop.

Merchant of Magic have it on the site now shipping from the UK here :
https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/choice

The worldwide release date is July 8th

Hope this helps
Dominic
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Looks nothing new here , a bit like Election Eric Ross and Gemini twins with Science friction involved .
Why dump the deck on top after stopping at a card after swapping cards hard to justify . Other versions are better imho Gaz 🙂
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Reminds me a bit of David Parr's Copycat.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14072 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Isn't this Richard Sander's Alpha Deck with a different title??
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, daffydoug wrote:

You beat me to it Daffy just what I thought
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
WOW ! I’ve just been offered a special deal on this product by MOM for being on their list which just happens to be exactly to the penny the price that Saturnmagic charge with no “special “ offer, I know who I’ll buy from
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14072 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, daffydoug wrote:

You beat me to it Daffy just what I thought

Exactly!

Where is Richard to chime in on this?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
CardGuyMike is correct, this is basically (if not exactly) David Parr's Copycat but with a blank deck ending (which could easily be done with Copycat).
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
723 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
To parrot what was said above. This is exactly (and I’ve seen the set up) the same as Parr’s routine with a blank ending. Just a shame.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes it’s 100 % not original and there are a myriad of effects that I am sure all of us have come up with using these principles but I wouldn't consider them new enough for a an individual release imho Gaz 🙂 ps I cannot believe experienced dealers have the audacity to release them as they surely know they are not new
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1887 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Guys, when you don’t have history about effects, I would surely advice you not to have the audacity to rip people’s work with such little knowledge !

This has been created and first released in 2009, proof if you need 2 Magic Café Threads here :

themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=235069&start=10
Lawrence O posted a message on Jun 6, 2010 03:57 pm, en énumérant de nombreuses choses sur l’open prediction, et il dit à propos de Jérôme : « Sauloup, Jérôme: Automatic Open Prediction Marketed Item. The supplied gimmick is a sort of dyachilon rubber which enables to make any key card a rough one in actually two seconds. This is far better than the Fin Jon one sold years back and the card is not felt as tacky. The gimmick offers plenty of opportunities for the Open Prediction or other effects. »

themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=367089&forum=2
Toujours Lawrence O qui parle directement du produit de Jérôme, le Jun 1, 2010 08:23 pm : « Henry Mayol in Paris is marketing a trick by Jerome Sauloup called Automatic Open Production. The gimmick is a roughing stick shaped like a sort of eraser which deposits something that makes the face (or the back) of a card rough. Years ago Fin Jon had something comparable but you had to use it on both the face of one card and the back of another one to prevent them from sliding. Here just one key card is sufficient: this is a great improvement. Another nice aspect is that even if a spectator touches the key card, he cannot feel its tackiness. It makes it possible to let a chosen card disappear from the ribbon spread deck. It makes it possible to instantly perform an Open Prediction. It makes it possible to deal a specific double card at any position in the deck without changing rhythm. It makes tabled double cards handling a breathe. It makes it possible to force a card with a different back. It makes it possible to... do an awful lot of things. You can get Henry Mayol on his site in Paris if you are interested (and I have no economical interest in this). »

virtualmagie.com/forum/topic/17640-automatic-open-prediction-de-j%C3%A9r%C3%B4me-sauloup/
Un sujet sur VM qui date du 29 décembre 2009, qui parle de l’effet d’Open Prediction de Jérôme avec son stick.

Working is also different from the Alpha Deck from Sanders.

Next time, check a bit the history and we could have went after David Parr when he released his item (since the first Automatic Open Prediction released by Jerome in 2009 is EXACTLY Copycat, but 10 years before). But let’s think great minds think alike Smile

Back on topic please.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review Channel, new reviews coming every week ! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Absolutely Alex I agree with you , I have never said it’s been ripped off ( I realise you are not referring to me ) I just stated I have seen this type of effect and versions accomplishing the same thing for many many years and was surprised to see it marketed as a new effect .
It’s the sort of thing even without prior knowledge that many magicians come up with either full deck routines or packet tricks all the time if they love roughing type applications . One card collector is another , Boris Wilds open prediction , Coincidence by Mark Leveridge etc etc .
The whole concept goes back literally decades regards Gaz 🙂
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14072 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I wasn't trying to put anybody down. Just simply from the initial description it sounded exactly like the Richard Sander's effect.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10255 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Wow. That’s a lot of mooler for a couple of cheap gaffs.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree you can hardly even call them actual gimmicks as such imho Gaz 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6114 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2019, daffydoug wrote:
I wasn't trying to put anybody down. Just simply from the initial description it sounded exactly like the Richard Sander's effect.

Similar yes, but I wouldn’t call it exactly the same as Alpha Deck.
Alpha Deck uses a single deck rather than two decks, and the spectator and magician pull the aces out of an otherwise blank deck.

The recent release of Blank Inside got some criticism for being “yet another blank deck effect”, so not sure why this isn’t getting the same criticism since apparently we’ve reached the limit on how many blank deck effects should exist in the world.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14072 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I can only concur.

There seems to be a glut of them.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1012 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2019, daffydoug wrote:
I can only concur.

There seems to be a glut of them.

Perhaps someone cornered the market in blank decks and now needs to sell them off, so put a bunch of magicians up to the task of creating tricks for blank decks...

Sorry, sorry, been in creative story brainstorming mode for the past few hours, and this kind of thing is flowing out of my brain now.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14072 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Understood.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Choice by Jerome Sauloup and Magic Dream (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL