The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Seamless T/R card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Morganite
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Morganite
Seamless T/R card has been released on http://www.magicbywest.com website. It seems very clean. anybody already got it?
Demo: http://magicbywest2.tripod.com/seamless.WMV
amens
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amens
On sleightgeek.com are some reviews and some vdeos.

hth
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
This looks great, all I need to know is if the card is examinable afterwards. It does not mention this in the info about the trick.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Morganite
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Morganite
Please follow the link to have the answer
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......2&15
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of toberman
The card is examinable afterwards but the routine does have some bold moves. I just received this today. There is some very creative thinking in this routine.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
I recieved an advanced copy of this several weeks ago, and I can say in all honesty, this is pretty cool.

The method is dangerously original, and as such, it will turn off some guys and gals who aren't into off the wall thinking. However, those that learn it, and learn it well, will be rewarded with a very unique, fun to do piece of card magic.

Yes, it is off the wall. Yes, it is gutsy. Yes, it will take practice, and yes, it will require an intimate understanding of ALL moves used. However, as I said, this does look very cool. Check out the video if you don't believe me.

Now, as cool as this is, it is not without its issues. The most prominent of these is the actual manuscript. I recieved it as a PDF, and there was some grammatical errors, as well, some of the photos could have been clearer. Due to the nature of the method, at some points the explanation can be a tad difficult to understand, and it may take a couple or readings to fully grasp what is going on.

As we are all painfully aware, the market is all but saturated with T&R card effects. Torched & Restored, Ripped & Restored, Torn, The Reformation, The Reparation, and my own Fusion. As well, I can tell you that there are even more on the horizon, UnRipped by Gared Crawford, and FU2 by yours truly. With all these choices, why would one bother picking up another such as Seamless? The answer for me was simple; Seamless will FRY your fellow magicians.

Check this out, I am sure you will appreciate the thinking that goes into this.

By the way, did I mention that it is virtually impromptu, and *** near angle proof?

Sean
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Personally, I was underwhelmed by the effect. The video quality was very poor and the shot was cropped so the hand came in and out of view. If you are going to use prepared cards why not use the incredible torn and burnt and restored card that Swadling makes. You tear the card in quarters, set it on fire (flash paper) and instantly the card is restored. There is no folding. You do start with an ordinary card but are left with a gaffed card. The gimmick is incredible.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'll stick with David Eldridge's wonderful Quarterly Returns. It's the ebst out there!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Chris, I agree, Quarterly Returns is very nice indeed, I am just saying that Seamless is very cool. It does not involve any folding, you just tear the card up, much like a spectator would do if asked to, and restore it piece by piece, leaving no seams or creases.

Larry, again, I agree that the video quality is not spectacular, but cut him a bit of slack, contrary to popular belief, it is NOT a cakewalk to make a studio quality video at home...That is why there is studios.
As for his hands dropping out of frame, well yes, that could have been fixed, but again, take it with a grain of salt.

As for using gimmicked or prepared cards, I don't know where you got that idea. As I mentioned earlier, there is no prep work to speak of, it really is virtually impromptu.

I don't 'go to bat' often for effects, but this is a rare exception. I do like this effect, and as I said in my previous post, if you are into T&R's, get this, you will like it. If you aren't into T&R's, or have a favorite, and don't want to study another, then don't. It is really that simple.

Sean
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Wow, I didn't realise that this had grown much outside of sleightgeek.com
I haven't really been around here much, as I just recently started to post. Seamless is just the idea I came up with because I always wanted to perform something like Copperfield did with Wayne Gretzky's baseball card. I just didn't want to always have to go through all the work for the ironing out the card and what not. Then I thought that it would make more sense just to skip the folds all together.

As for the frame rate/video quality, as Sean said, production quality is limited some times. I am curently working on a video that is a better quality and more of a full routine.

As for the hands leaving the frame, This is, for the most part not necissary, as I hope to show in the new video. Also as for aproaching the deck off screan, again, this would have been cleared up with a better camer and perhaps someone opperating it to follow my hands if it is so wished.
I also offer many alternatives for a lot of the moves and anything that would be considered 'approaching the deck.' I hope that helps.

Also if anyone has any other questions about the effect, here's my e-mail; opendoorgw@yahoo.ca

Also Sean, I was just curious if I could use some of your words here for promotion. If not that's cool. Just thought I'd ask.
Thanks
Glenn
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Dr Madhusudan
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Dr Madhusudan
It seems the download is not workin ??

thanks

dr k
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2004-06-04 18:35, Sean Fields wrote:

Larry, again, I agree that the video quality is not spectacular, but cut him a bit of slack, contrary to popular belief, it is NOT a cakewalk to make a studio quality video at home...That is why there is studios.
As for his hands dropping out of frame, well yes, that could have been fixed, but again, take it with a grain of salt.

Sean

What??? If you are going to compete with the big boys, then you must deliever like the big boys. I suppose you do not mind poor grammer, mis-spelled words, or grammer mistakes; in something people are expected to shell out their hard earned cash for.

Home computers can do wonders, but maybe a little thought would have made it better and prevented the above comments.
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
As has been documented in several previous threads, there are enough T&R card routines to satisfy everyone's personality/sytle appetite. New handlings such as Seamless always keep things interesting with their innovative ideas. Afterall, even portions of new techniques can be applied to more "established routines".

That having been said, I'll second my personal choice for a favorite T&R along with MagicChris; Quarterly Returns delivers an effective presentation and is "magician friendly" in it's ease of handling. While it doesn't incorporate the visual of a piece-by-piece restoration, the flash of a fully restored signed card (which can be kept by the spectator) rates high on my real-world effect list.

Bottom line: We can all benefit from them, so keep the new ideas coming!
Dr Madhusudan
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Dr Madhusudan
Ok I download video.

I have to agree with wmheglbi, this video quality is horrible. Its not just bad, the blurs confuse you during the trick, so its not pleasant to watch at all.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Well I paypaled him the money over 51 hours ago and still haven"t gotten the PDF yet.I emailed him today and still haven't gotten a reply to that email either.Should I be worried yet?This is the first time I have ordered from him.Seamless might be a good effect but not if you buy it and don't recieve it.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2004-06-04 11:08, Sean Fields wrote:
As well, I can tell you that there are even more on the horizon, UnRipped by Gared Crawford, and FU2 by yours truly. With all these choices, why would one bother picking up another such as Seamless? The answer for me was simple; Seamless will FRY your fellow magicians.

Sean

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to fool other magicians? Okay, maybe I'm being a bit snarky, but magic is for entertaining laymen where I come from. I would think that the only people interested in fooling other magicians would be magic dealers! And that's just so they can sell them the *secret*, because unfortunately there are enough misguided souls out there who will waste their money to find out the *secret* to some piece of garbage that an audience would never be entertained by in a million years.

Life is short. If your magic buddy Bill knows 15 ways to Tear and Restore a card and you waste your money to learn number 16 before he does are you really invested in becoming a better entertainer?

Boy I AM in a mood, eh?

Randwill
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Well I still haven't gotten the pdf or a reply from his email address and I also sent him a PM on the Café and still no answer.I still have his own Email confirmation he recieved the paypal money and also one from Paypal.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Randwill,

I agree, magic IS for laymen, I will not argue with that. However, I do believe that there are many people out there who have fun by fooling their fellow magicians, or BEING fooled for that matter.

You cannot tell me that you have never fooled another magician, and experienced that moment of pride. I know I love that feeling!

Anyway, it is a moot point. As I said before, if you are into fooling your peers, check this out. If you don't care, don't. It is really that simple.

.....Sean
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Hey, sorry about the delay with the orders. I've been out of town working the last three days.

I've sent them all out now. You should get them today.

Again I am sorry about the delay. If any one knows how to set this kinda thing up so it is sent automatically that would be great. I would much rather send them out personally and address each person individually, but it would help with delays like this. Usually I get them out the day I recieve the order or the next. But like I said, I was out of town and just couldn't access the net.

Any ways, as for the issue of performing for laymen vs magicians, I personally like doing both. But as for Seamless, my intent was to make the effect more direct and thus more believable to the layman. My goal was to eliminate the folding as I found that it made a lot more sense in the context of the effect and in the spectatores eyes.

It cuts down on the suspicious moments where in the spectatore might suspect switching the card, or just unfolding it one piece at a time to accomplish the effect.

I hope that helps
If anyone has any more questions feel free to e-mail me at opendoorgw@yahoo.ca

thanks and again, sorry about the delay.
Glenn
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Morganite
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Morganite
Hello gdw.
About the instant delivery. You can use the paypal service called payloadz.

Link: http://www.payloadz.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Seamless T/R card (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL