The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » For the Birds (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
For those looking for an alternative basis for an impromptu reading or segue into other mentalism demonstrations,
consider using bird seed - the kind with various sizes of seeds and items.

This is an offshoot of an ancient method using beans in a basket with hidden objects and wooden beads.

Select four objects of importance to the Seeker, perhaps a ring, stone, coin and nut.

These are hidden in a basket/bowl filled with birdseed.

The Seeker stirs the mixture while thinking about a facet of their problem/situation.
Several of the objects will surface with the large seeds (sunflower) acting as pointers or attenuators.
You can now give a Reading or just get the Seeker to open up.

Since the objects can represent anything and the relationship of the pointers under your control, your cold-read skills can come to the fore without being obvious.

I form an imaginary matrix of three horizontal and three vertical terms as a starting guide. Possibly MInd, Heart, Spirit one way,
and Past, Present, Future on the other. These nine squares mental overlays on the birdseed display can prompt many probing phrases.
The order of such Guides can be easily changed for each phase of a Reading.

Example: "You have aligned an indication that some emotional event in your past is focusing spiritual energy on your pending job choice.
You don't have to tell me of that memory, but how does this revelation make you feel?"
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Very interesting!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Holy smilies!!! We just moved into our dream house .. A traditional Florida Lake House.. We have at least 20 ducks in our back yard throughout the day ...and multiple birds and squirrels .. So I just bought a 20 pound bag of wild bird seed .. This could be AWESOME!!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » For the Birds (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL