The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello long time lurker here (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
I am so happy to finally post here. I was unable to register for the longest time. I remember buying magic books in the school store in elementary school. So long time fan of learning tricks. I remember watching Copperfield as a kid, and thinking to myself that he was the best. I remember watching the Angel Mindfreak and Cyril shows and coming back to magic. And yes, I tuned into the masked magician weekly. Lately, I have reading the history of magic. I have rewatched Copperfield, Burton, and even Chris Angel. Now knowing the insiders scoop. Rather than the wonder, I am judging the showmanship. I am an engineer by trait, and love teaching my young daughters magic for the school talent show. I love inventing new tricks to amaze. My reward is when I hear an audience member say, That's impossible. It's quite hard to pull off a trick when your kids don't want to practice and they have to do the show twice in the same day. At last, this is my current passion. I have read so many of your guys posts, and I love this forum.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome TomB,

Try teaching your Daughters a different sort of trick, like rope magic or tricks using money.

Be guided by what Magic impresses them.

Best of luck to you all.

-Mary Mowder
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Hey TomB,

My daughter did not get into magic until she was around 13. She is not so much into card magic but shared my like of the Cups and Balls. As she became older she is more into school and friend... I look forward to the day when she wants to do magic again.

Take care,
Bruce
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
I am enjoying the father daughter time we get to do tricks. The problem is the tricks I want to do are stage illusions, which are very expensive.

The problem with card tricks is that they cannot be seen from afar.

Right now I have discussed next years talent show spring 2020.

1. Baby doll is thirsty, and they use the baby dolls bottles which when upside down looks empty.
2. Baby doll is still thirsty. Milk in a cup with a straw is used. Milk goes down, but baby is still thirsty.
3. Next we use the magic pitcher. I haven't figured quite out the patter to pour the milk in the newspaper or other object.
4. Next use losander exquisite and float a cup that has poured magic milk. The floating leads to the next trick.
5. Closer would be the suspended chair with a audience member.

The whole thing should only be 5 minutes, so this will probably get cut down. I haven't bought anything yet, but those are my ideas.

BCS, maybe tell your daughter you read a post of dad and daughter magician show and you remembered your fond memories (hint, hint).
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
TomB,

Sounds like a tight routine... I hope it all goes well for you.

My daughter is still interested just not like it was before. At least she knows how special our time was together, and what my treasures all are... she will be the one to deal with them when I am gone.

Take care,
Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello long time lurker here (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL