The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Celebrity Presage by Mike Maione and Brett Barry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (61 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This is a brand new book test which will be hitting the market in the near future from Brett Barry at SvenPads. It is an updated version of Mike Maoine’s book test “Celebrity Presage” but with major updates which have moved it above and beyond the original. I was lucky enough to get a pre-release copy, so I’ve decided to share my thoughts below.

The gimmicked book is full of celebrity fails. There are 130 pages in the book, and every page has a celebrity followed by dumb quotes they’ve said and stories of stupid things they have done. It seems exactly like the type of thing you’d pick up at the register of a convenience store or at an oddity shop in an airport. It is perfectly innocent.

What this book allows you to do is pretty wild. Here’s one example of what you can do with this book: You can have three spectators think of a page number between 1 and 130. the audience then decides which spectator’s choice will count. The other two call out the page number they randomly thought of. You fairly flip to the first page called out and have the on stage spectator confirm the page number and then read out the celebrity on that page. Let’s say it’s Lady Gaga. This is repeated with the second number called out. It may be Jay Z. Finally, the person the audience chose as the one who counts calls out the number they are thinking of. You fairly turn to it, have the onstage spectator confirm the number and call out the celebrity on that page. Let’s say it is Tom Cruise. You unroll a poster which has been on display from the beginning. It is a picture of Tom Cruise.

That’s just one example of the way this can play. The book forces Tom Cruise every single time no matter what page is called out. It is thanks to an amazing numbering system created by Spidey. If you’re part of the secret SvenPad Supreme Owners group on Facebook, you will know what this is. It allows for total freedom in the naming of a number, and the way you get to any page looks incredibly fair and is done out in the open without having to hide anything.

If you’re not aware, this book uses the Svengali principle, and it is deceptive and extremely well hidden. If you’ve ever purchased a SvenPad from Brett, you know what quality to expect. It is amazing how precise his products are—the principle can’t be seen even under close scrutiny.

There are many principles at work in the book. Not only can you reveal a celebrity, you can also reveal a movie or ANY long word they think of on their page. Brett has miraculously received permission from Marc Kerstein to incorporate the long words used in Wiki-Test! So if you have the list memorized for Wiki-Test, you will have absolutely nothing new to remember for Celebrity Presage!

Also with the book, you receive a gimmicked bookmark which forces a DIFFERENT celebrity. And the word on the street is they will be selling pairs of gimmicked bookmarks in the future to force other celebrities as well. This bookmark gimmick is incredibly deceptive and gives you the ability to force two different names using the same book. Also if you don’t have the Wikitest words memorized, the bookmark contains a crib on the back so you can start performing immediately.

You can also use the book like a SvenPad and have the spectator open to any page to select the forced celebrity. While playing with the book today, I discovered that this book actually offers something a Sven pad doesn’t. The spectator can open the book several times and see different names every time. And yet, whenever you want, using the exact same handling of the book, they will select the force name. This would even fool the magicians in the audience who are aware of Sven pads.

Overall, this book test far surpasses my expectations. I am once again amazed at the quality Brett is able to turn out. I genuinely can’t fathom how he gets such precise cuts, and yet, he does. If you like the sound of what you’ve read above, you will not be disappointed with what you will receive. It is high quality, top of the line stuff, built for working pros, but easy enough for a beginner. Be on the lookout for this one. I know his presell copies are already sold out, and I imagine he will have a very fast sell out again as soon as they become available. My gut tells me you’ll need to be quick.

Madison
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
You guys are simply going to love this.

At Magic Live! we will have 100 copies only, and they will be $99 at Live and I expect they will be a sellout based on the incredible feedback so far. This ain't your granddad's book test.

This is a 130 page real book of celebrity stories and funny quotes, written from scratch by Mike Maione. Multiple new principles at play, and not a one-force pony by a long shot. The addition of the WikiTest words is amazing and anyone that already owns WikiTest will be ready instantly. Plus the crib is built in to the V gimmick too.

Thanks to Mike Maione, Spidey, Steve Valentine, Marc Kerstein, and others who's input helped to make this dream a reality. Really (really) proud of this book test as I know it is a monster release that will give you guys & gals a powerful new performance weapon.

We have a few reviews in from the early testers. Just to be clear I NEVER ask testers for a positive review - I want their honest feedback.

"I like mentalism products that are a step forward. Celebrity Presage is a giant leap forward! Any one of the 3 principles included here would have made this my favorite book test on the market, but all three combined is a destructive force of mental astonishment! Just wow!  This book is incredible. It took me 5 seconds to know this is a new standard. I’m not kidding".
BEDROS “SPIDEY” AKKELIAN 

"A book test like no other! Mike and Brett created a masterpiece. Plus the addition of the V gimmick really makes this book a very powerful tool in the SvenPad® Family!" 
LUCA VOLPE

"WOW! You have outdone yourself. The combination of possibilities, with both predictions (without the need for outs) and direct mind reading is unlike anything I have ever seen. At last, a book test that can be used repeatedly for the same group with 100% accuracy! Add to that, I got the biggest creativity boost of the year after first seeing it. I can for sure predict this is a winner. I'll take two!"
MIKAEL HEDNE

"After having performed it several weeks for real people, I can promise that you will amaze your audiences with Celebrity Presage! This is a winner, and I highly recommend it."
SVEN RYGH 

"Wow!!!! I was lucky enough to receive an early copy of Celebrity Presage and I'm completely blown away. This takes The Sven Principle and more importantly Book Tests to a whole new level. The numbering system is just genius plus there is so much more, if you're thinking of getting a copy, don't think... GET ONE NOW before they are all gone. Brett you've done it again... AMAZING!"
PAUL MARTIN

"Celebrity Presage, is the kind of fun book you would choose for a book test demonstration, its refreshing fun celebrity theme is a refreshing change from the heavy novels that no body has heard of. Add a genius page numbering system and Wikitest MOABT words and you have a winner."
JOHN MORTON

"Folks this one is insane. I was lucky to get hold of one early. The S and L pages are literally invisible even upon close scrutiny. And the way you can freely flick through a seemingly normal book and still force any page you want is brilliant. But the cherry on the top is the clever numbering system of the pages. Plus WikiTest words! It’s a stroke of genius. You can ask for any page number and when they open to that page number, boom there is your force page waiting."
CHRISTOPHER HURST

"A Wonderfully organic, in your face, devastating selection process that couldn’t be fairer. And it’s just so much fun! Really, really clever!"
STEVE VALENTINE

"Still playing with the Presage book, and slowly beginning to dislike you more and more for being a friggin' genius. I looked at the page edges through a magnifying glass, and the cuts are so fine and precise (with the perfect book paper stock you have chosen), that it simply blows my mind. And that’s BEFORE I even begin on this books inherent brilliance."  
PAUL SHIRLEY

Click here to view attached image.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Count me in Smile
philraso
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of philraso
I have the original. Is this different? I can do the three page numbers with my version, too.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2019, philraso wrote:
I have the original. Is this different? I can do the three page numbers with my version, too.

I won’t comment too much on this because others know more than I. But I will say, yes this is different. It’s an update.

From what little I understand about the original, when you were finding the page force the force, you had to have the book facing you so they wouldn’t see all the forces ticking by.

In this version, you can cleanly open the book to their page number while they scrutinize your every move and they see all different names.

Hope that helps.

Madison
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2019, philraso wrote:

Phil - It (the system) and included features are totally different.

Yes the old version used a # system which Mike clever invented then, but the new book works completely differently and is superior in all respects.

The new system which I suggested in working with Mike over the past year completely changes the workings of the book.

So to clarify Mike Maione as far as we can tell invented the clever original page # concept in 2011. This is Mikes idea.

Then in 2018 Spidey came up with a similar idea, independently & totally unaware of Mike's ideas and book. Spidey's ideas were rightfully applauded as innovative and they were.

The two system(s) shared some striking similarities but there were major differences in how they worked.

In finally seeing Mike’s 2011 ORIGINAL page concept, I had the idea of combining his idea with Spidey’s idea, remaking the entire book so that the pages could be flipped naturally like any book with no difference in the handling.

Spidey’s fantastic idea was designed for single-sided pages as in a notepad. After playing with some of our Bookstyle SvenPads® I realized that both of their ideas could be fused into a greatly improved concept that had zero weaknesses. The book handles consistently now, and if you owned the original you will be blown away by the complete remake. The only thing similar now is the name of the product.

I will let Mike chime in to elaborate but the two products from 2011 and now are apples & oranges. Mike also did all his cuts by hand back then. Our new books are now made by our SvenPad crew who have the precision experience of making over 100,000 pads over the past 6 years - each hand checked before sale, each the best you can buy anywhere. Made 100% in the USA.

For the updated book the covers have totally changed, and much of the interior content is updated to today's celebs and Mike added many more illustrations and photos on almost every page. But the big differences aren't just cosmetic - they are completely new in the workings.

Your Celebrity Presage book will allow you to:
1. F a page/Celebrity using our NEW numbering system
2. F a page/Celebrity using S*****i (opening to a page)
3. Involve multiple spectators - with multiple reveals
4. F a movie title - 2 different ways
5. F a DIFFERENT Celebrity name using the new V Gimmick
6. Divine one of 9 potential WikiTest words (no F)
7. Built-In WikiTest CRIB
8. Potentially do a DD
9. Reveal the details from a F celebrity quote
10. F additional celebrities by purchasing extra V Gimmicks
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
70 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
No one knows more about Celebrity Presage than me. I created the original and have been involved in the remake since its inception.

Comparing the original is not as Brett says comparing apples to oranges. It is more like comparing Macintosh apples to Honey Crisp apples which happen to be the best tasting *** apples ever cultivated by mankind. If you have not had one, do yourself a favor and have one next time you have a chance. You will thank me.

Let us start with the force. Both books force a celebrity. The difference is with the original you flip back to front to show the indifferent pages. In the new version, you flip front to back. Does that matter? A significant number of people feel it does.

Can you force more than one celebrity? Not with the original. You can with the new book thanks to the V gimmick bookmark which has been designed especially to work with the book. You get one with the new book and more are available as extras.

Can you do a picture duplication? Not with the original. Yes, with the new book.

Can you read the mind of a spectator that thinks of the title of a movie? Not with the original. Yes, with the new version.

Can you get to the force page by looking for a specific page number? Yes, with both the original and the new book. The difference is in the original you flip in opposite directions based on if the page number is odd or even. In the new book, the great advantage is you can flip forward showing indifferent pages, stop just before the force page and turn to it. You cannot do that with the original. This feature destroys any question of the book being gaffed if you take advantage of it.

Can a spectator open to the force page? Yep, both versions.

Any chance the spectator will see the mechanics that make the book work? No chance at all in the new version which is precision made by SvenPads. A close inspection of the original may reveal the gimmick.

But, what really sets the books apart is the addition of the wikitest words on the force pages that will allow the spectator to pick a word which you will divine. Aside from the updated look and inclusion of more well-known celebs and the rest of the improvements, this is a really significant improvement and makes the new book so much more versatile.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I have used the first version for years (even at The Parlor of Mystery with The Man himself 😂) and this new update is a powerful weapon!
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
My order is in with Saturn Magic.
I don't think I've ever done a book test but this is something I am really looking forward to... The forcing systems applied here are top notch and I have a real use for this.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We are pleased to be the exclusive distributor outside the of the USA.

I could go on about how good this is but others seem be to doing good job of that, there will be a lot of happy customers with this one.

Shipping starts the day after Magic Live 9th August.

Pre order your copy here https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......rry.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Over the years, the marketed book tests I have used in my performances have varied. However, almost all produced book tests utilize similar principles and methods, so after a while, I stopped buying them as they were simply new "toys", but didn't bring anything that different to the table in terms of presentation, reveal possibilities or modus operandi.

That is, not until Brett's "Celebrity Presage" came along. This unique book test is a true game-changer. Several brand new principles are combined to make for a unique presentation that's a multi-phase powerhouse. It can easily be used as a stand-alone test, giving you numerous reveals, but it can also be used in combination with book test demonstrations you may already perform. Three (or more) people can look at the book, think of completely different things, and then, without asking a single question, the performer can reveal (or predict) a plethora of merely thought of words, people, movies, music, etc.

I will be using "Celebrity Presage" in every performance, whether I combine it with other book tests or not. It resides in my pocket and will travel with me everywhere. -Which is yet another thing I love about this book test: it really does fit in your jacket pocket.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
S just posted an unsolicited review of Celebrity Presage on our FB page, which I will share with you here. As many of you know he is pretty darn picky about his props. We will have 100 of these at Magic Live! and only 2 exclusive dealers worldwide who will have limited stock AFTER Live ends: Hocus Pocus and Saturn Magic ONLY.

If you will be at Live! I suggest stopping by our booth early. The price will be $99 at Live, and $114 when released to our two dealers.

Thank you and I honestly believe you will find this to be one of the finest book tests of the past decade. It is a precision made beauty holding many nice (easy to perform) secrets. Have fun and thanks for your SvenPad® support as we continue to push the envelope of creating.

taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
How much will this puppy sell for? It sounds great.

Opps, never mind, saw the pre order page at Saturn.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I was wondering if the sven principle feature keeps the book from being inspectable like other book tests?
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
70 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
Celebrity Presage is not a book you would give out for inspection as you might for other book tests, but you can let the spectator handle the book. You just need to manage the spectator. Say something like, "Hold the book in your left hand and flip through the pages." or "Hold the book like this and open like this." etc.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Thanks, I figured it would have those sven handlings. I just need to decide if the sven feature is worth the handling limitations.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
This is a killer book test!!! Get it!!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I have it on pre order. Sounds to good.
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
70 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
Here's an example of what I mean when I say you need to manage the spectator. As you can see from the video he can handle the book enough to convince himself and others that it is ordinary. Throw in a little reading of a few passages yourself from the text (and there are plenty of funny things to read out loud) and you will have your audience believing the book is something you picked up at the airport. https://youtu.be/N6JncJQaRag
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
The original is truly one of the best effects in my set
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Celebrity Presage by Mike Maione and Brett Barry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (61 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL