The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Celebrity Presage by Mike Maione and Brett Barry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (61 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
BSpideyA
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of BSpideyA
Ok, I don't think another 5 star review is necessary, the masses have spoken but here it is, in case you care. Also, disclaimer; I was involved with the development of this effect, I know Brett, I love Brett, I'm 100% on team Brett but my love for him and how he runs his company does not bias my opinion of his products.

It's rare that I hold a trick in my hands and go. "This is objectively great! There is nothing wrong with this." This is one of those cases. This is undoubtedly, unarguably and incontestably a worker, nobody can say it isn't. the methods are INCREDIBLY deceptive, the process is extremely logical and justified, the execution is so simple and the subject matter of the book opens so many doors for great comedy. it's great for stage or close up, it has multiple reveals. Like what more can we ask for?!?! Get it! That's all, throw it in your case, it's really a no brainer. You will perform it, they will freak out! End of story!

Enjoy it guys, it's a killer!

Spidey
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
70 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
There is an infinite number of ways to use Celebrity Presage. In this clip from The Streamcast Network's weekly show 'Anatomy of an Entrepreneur', I use the reveal that is still my favorite. The artwork is available as a download on the CP support and instructional page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hz8yRAHwac&feature=youtu.be
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I am unapologetically late to the party on Celebrity Presage. My main corporate show ends with a 3-phase presentation (which uses books, but I don’t think of as a “book test”) which escalates in impossibility (the layered finale will be published in my forthcoming book “Setting The Stage”). As I subject all of my material to a Darwinian ‘Survival of the Fittest,’ litmus test, I’ve tried most of the myriad book tests released over the past decade+. If something was better than what I had been using - I would have replaced that element of the sequence, without hesitation. But nothing that I’ve seen/tested bettered the tools of my book test sequence, which, has remained unchanged.

As least until now.

After inspecting and testing Celebrity Presage, I have decided it will replace one of the elements and be included in this sequence. There are a number of reasons for my decision but design and functionality are at the top of the list. As a book test aficionado (the late Dick Christian and I used to compare notes on our collections) I have been fortunate to get my hands on many magnificent book tests - from the exquisite Shakespeare Experiment by Todd Karr, to the modern-day standard of Ted K’s MOAB (pocket). That said, for both form and functionality, Celebrity Presage takes top-shelf status alongside these classics.

From its cover/theme to its overall design - which scores extra points for near-obsessive attention to detail - the book stands alone as being readable (name one other book test that you could actually enjoy reading on a flight, legitimately laughing to yourself, attracting the attention of the stranger best to you, creating the perfect setup for an informal mind-blowing demo?).

As for the pure functionality, while I will likely never use some of the many features of the book, it’s nice to have so many presentation options without compromising the main feature of the book (most book tests that try to be a Swiss-Army knife tend to fall into the “Jack-of-all-trades: master-of-none” category).

So, yeah, I like this. I like this a lot!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Looks like another TOTY contender.
LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
Celebrity Presage made the Wizard Product review!

Great scores!

Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
This is another dynamite product from Brett! So clean and innocent looking he produces such strong magical effects.

The numbering system is so disarming and my usage of choice. When the set up for a force is this easy )and fun) it clears the way for all manner of creativity to kick in for the reveals.

Highly, highly recommended!
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
IMO Celebrity Presage is serious business. A lot of of thought and brainstorming has gone into creating this wonderful BOOK TEST. It opens up the door for your imagination. Celebrity Presage is really a multipurpose, multi-utility, multi-performance and if I may so I call it - a multi-effect (with it's unique 'V' Gimmick) book test. This wonder little marvel now enjoys a 5-STAR rating. A lot has already been said, so do I need to say more? Smile

For all those on the fence, I will happily recommend this unique, innocent looking and one of its kind Book Test. You won't be sorry.

That's just ME and MY thoughts. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Newest review by Steve Faulkner:

Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
70 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
Paul Romhany says it's "One of the easiest and most entertaining book tests I've ever seen!! The combination of methods makes this a game-changer." Read his entire product highlight and review in the current issue of Vanish Magazine. http://www.vanishmagic.com (page 75)
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I have now done this numerous times in performance and I can say it is the best book test I have ever used.

Saturn Magic is pleased to be one of the 2 exclusive distributors for this item, it is something we will continue to recommend to our customers.

It's not cheap but look at it this way, it is far better than loads of the £35-£45 items you may consider buying without too much thought, so for the price of 2 of the latest tricks you may never use you should seriously consider it.

There has been more than enough feedback on the book to know this is not dealer hype, it is a fantastic product.

Not once has anyone questioned the book the displays during the routine are just perfect convincers.

In stock ready to ship in the UK www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......tt-barry
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Totally agree Mark , this is brilliant Gaz 🙂
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Yes, just happy I bought it.

Great reactions, on both Mind reading Beyonce, Prediciting Tom Cruise and the mind reading of the long word (performed in seperate routines - of course). Going to try out the Baby Gag version of the Tom Cruise prediction tomorrow evening. Going to be fun.

I wish they will produce a totally similar effect/product using another book type, like a cook book (I have ACE magics) or a business book, so that I can present two books to choose from in the beginning. Just my own personal preference.

BTW - a good idea to order more bookmarks if you are table hopping - although they come at a very steep price.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2019, Vraagaard wrote:

I wish they will produce a totally similar effect/product using another book type, like a cook book (I have ACE magics) or a business book, so that I can present two books to choose from in the beginning. Just my own personal preference.

Excellent idea, or an inspirational self-help book would be a good addition as well.

Here's hoping they'll be more in the pipe line.

Neil
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Good idea about an alternative book , however it’s very easy to have a seamless equivoque with any other paper back you choose imo Gaz 🙂
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2019, Saturn UK wrote:
I have now done this numerous times in performance and I can say it is the best book test I have ever used.

Saturn Magic is pleased to be one of the 2 exclusive distributors for this item, it is something we will continue to recommend to our customers.

It's not cheap but look at it this way, it is far better than loads of the £35-£45 items you may consider buying without too much thought, so for the price of 2 of the latest tricks you may never use you should seriously consider it.

There has been more than enough feedback on the book to know this is not dealer hype, it is a fantastic product.

Not once has anyone questioned the book the displays during the routine are just perfect convincers.

In stock ready to ship in the UK www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......tt-barry

Much as it pains me to agree this is not just dealer hype .... it's an amazing piece of kit. I love mine - I can imagine them doing a second release at a later time. But in the mean time - it rocks.
rrobison
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of rrobison
If you've done biz with Brett Barry you know a couple of things. One, he cares deeply for his customers as evidenced by his customer service being second to none. Second, he produces the highest quality products that work miracles in the eyes of your spectators. Celebrity Presage and the accompanying extensive tutorial material are testament to both. Loads of videos with tips, handling, and real worlds demos. An extensive PDF manual. Downloads to enhance your performance. Brett and Mike have poured themselves into this amazing booktest and we get to be the recipients of their customer care and product quality. The book itself is brilliant. Not just the page numbering system utilizing Sven but the content of the book which makes audience interest-producing patter a breeze. I'll be performing Celebrity Presage this weekend and fully expect the kind of jaw dropping audience reaction I get from other products offered by Brett.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I don’t have this yet due to saving for my wedding and my intended being at the magic circle dealers day with me making it impossible to hide the purchase Smile Mark Traversoni showed me this though and it really is a thing of beauty. The quality, as you would expect from Brett, is superb. The book itself looks exactly like what it claims to be and everything works like a dream. Walking away without buying the book was one of the hardest things ever.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2019, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I don’t have this yet due to saving for my wedding and my intended being at the magic circle dealers day with me making it impossible to hide the purchase Smile Mark Traversoni showed me this though and it really is a thing of beauty. The quality, as you would expect from Brett, is superb. The book itself looks exactly like what it claims to be and everything works like a dream. Walking away without buying the book was one of the hardest things ever.

Mark

Mark if you can sneak one on to your wedding list.... then your wife to be can play too!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2019, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark

I honestly have to chuckle Mark, that you believe that feeling is only temporary and will be different after the wedding. HA!!! It only gets worse!
It will soon be a regular part of your life. But alas the good news is that it does get easier, or at least you get used to it.

Nah, just kidding. It's worth it. Married life is great. I wish you both the best. Congratulations!!!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Yes married life is great - so long as yo9u do what you're told when you are told and how you're told!

Apart from that its all gravy (whatever that means - I heard it said in a film once).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Celebrity Presage by Mike Maione and Brett Barry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (61 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL