The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Celebrity Presage by Mike Maione and Brett Barry (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1822 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Ha I am indeed a 007 fan! Thank you for the additional comments and understood - especially at the moment I suppose that probably shouldn't be a priority indeed. And sure regarding the V gimmick that was just partly my concern, I was mostly thinking about people simply wanting to read through funny quotes after the performance.

I might still reconsider, thanks again and take care!
Ben
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1163 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I posted this idea on the Snaps forum on Facebook the other night. Not sure how many of you are familiar with the new Snaps project by David Jonathan and Dan Harlan. They are decks of cards with pictures that are letters, numbers, psychological forces, etc.

Anyway, as I was watching the tutorial, I had the idea of combining Celebrity Presage with Snaps and having the picture cards spell out Tom Cruise. As an added bonus, one of the Star cards for ESP symbols in the deck, is Tom Cruise's Hollywood Walk of Fame star, giving you a double kicker.
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
974 Posts

Profile of helder
What are the languages available?

Looking for Portuguese.
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
English & new French version coming from Magic Dream (Paris).

There are no immediate plans to create other language versions during the current state of the economy and the pandemic. It just would not pencil out.

We are certainly open to doing other languages, but it will likely happen at some point in the distant future.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1731 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
We're super proud to release this trick in French and make it available for French Magician and Mentalist! The designing team made an awesome job making this possible, thanks to Brett and Mike for the help Smile

The product and trailer can be found here : https://www.magicdream.fr/svenpad-celebr......est.html
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thank you Justin W! On this week's show.

Great routine baby Smile

Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
235 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
Bad choice of a prop for this format, I guess. This 120$ prop may be good otherwise in a usual show, but in a virtual show it fails. Kelly even says she cant see anything. All the pages do look similar what with that black star on all of them. The obvious conclusion audience will draw will be either all pages are same (that perpetual black star enhances this notion) or the magician is blatantly miscalling.

The routine would have been better with a more appropriate prop, where virtual audience could clearly see the pages and whats written on them. Like in this example, Nick clearly shows all animals different very fairly. But the final choice is Penguin. Or it could be Tom Cruise, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iwJwUu6PIY

A $20 prop fits better in this case, imo. The combo of baby gag and Svengali principles was good thinking, though.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Pretty goofy comment lol - Justin used a real BOOK filled with real quotes, not a hand filled $20 pad. Any pad could be filled out by hand - so what? That's not what Justin wanted. He wanted a BOOK. He wanted a very clean for@e with no moves.

That is why he is on TV with a sydicated show on Netflix - and a full time pro (not part time)- and you aren't apparently Smile

"The routine would have been better with a more appropriate prop" - Are you kidding me?

He made an artistic choice for an appearance on national TV. He wanted a book and used a fun TMZ theme. He didn't want a hand filled notepad. You are comparing apples & oranges. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

TV presentations are also always limited by time factors.

The standard presentation we recommend is having a few other random book celebrity pages chosen (by guest DJ Khaled for example) naming the other celebs, and then have the target Kelly choose the F. All the pages do look different - all have different real celeb quotes and photos.

Really it is up to the artist to decide if they want that route (recommended), but CP is easy and perfect for TV, virtual or Zoom. Lior Manor and many other pros use this for their Zoom shows now. Have a nice day!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1467 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, NeverMind wrote:
This 120$ prop may be good otherwise in a usual show, but in a virtual show it fails... The obvious conclusion audience will draw will be either all pages are same (that perpetual black star enhances this notion) or the magician is blatantly miscalling.

I disagree. The audience has no reason to suspect anything other than what he says it is. A real book. Why would they? Keep in mind they're unaware of how we do what we do and the amazing things available to us.

Plus, an audience would have to think that the magician thinks they're "that dumb" if they think the magician just showed a book with every page the same.

Great trick.
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Quote:
This 120$ prop may be good otherwise in a usual show, but in a virtual show it fails... The obvious conclusion audience will draw will be either all pages are same (that perpetual black star enhances this notion) or the magician is blatantly miscalling.

I disagree. The audience has no reason to suspect anything other than what he says it is. A real book. Why would they? Keep in mind they're unaware of how we do what we do and the amazing things available to us.

Plus, an audience would have to think that the magician thinks they're "that dumb" if they think the magician just showed a book with every page the same.

Great trick.

Nathan, I respect your opinion. So lets agree to disagree Smile
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, saysold1 wrote:
Pretty goofy comment lol - Justin used a real BOOK filled with real quotes, not a hand filled $20 pad. Any pad could be filled out by hand - so what? That's not what Justin wanted. He wanted a BOOK. He wanted a very clean for@e with no moves.

That is why he is on TV with a sydicated show on Netflix - and a full time pro (not part time)- and you aren't apparently Smile

"The routine would have been better with a more appropriate prop" - Are you kidding me?

He made an artistic choice for an appearance on national TV. He wanted a book and used a fun TMZ theme. He didn't want a hand filled notepad. You are comparing apples & oranges. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

TV presentations are also always limited by time factors.

The standard presentation we recommend is having a few other random book celebrity pages chosen (by guest DJ Khaled for example) naming the other celebs, and then have the target Kelly choose the F. All the pages do look different - all have different real celeb quotes and photos.

Really it is up to the artist to decide if they want that route (recommended), but CP is easy and perfect for TV, virtual or Zoom. Lior Manor and many other pros use this for their Zoom shows now. Have a nice day!

Hey Brett, chill, my friend.
Even you are not on any syndicated Netflix show. Not even on a sub-local tv show. Are you? Get on one first, send me a clip and I'll consider giving my opinion on that, if you want Smile

Justin did a great job on Ellen. But on this one, he could have picked a better prop.

When he shows page 18, the bunch of pages on the left looks like 50-60ish and not 18 - go check. And Dj Khaled seemed far from interested throughout. The highlight of the whole piece was undoubtedly Jack.

And what's it with a book having written content? what's wrong with that? Then most of your pads (which need writing) are wrong? What are you implying?

I still feel this would be a far better fit for the given piece.
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11491

There is a big difference between being full time and being time less, which you wouldn't understand. Smile
Stay safe.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1467 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Quote:

Great trick.

Nathan, I respect your opinion. So lets agree to disagree Smile

That depends. If you say toilet paper goes under and not over...well then, those are fightin' words. 😁
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Goes over....
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
I mean under!
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1822 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
I received mine the other day and I just wanted to chime in and say how impressed I am... Having been into magic for over a decade now and by reading the thread on here I kind of knew the high level workings of CP but having the book in my hands and having watched the tutorial makes a big difference, it's really a gem and the possibilities with it are extraordinary.

On thing I wanted to emphasize is that, and unfortunately it's not always the case these days, the quality of the book is really perfect, it absolutely does look like a book you would pick up at the airport or at the train station and that you would read while travelling. And it's such a great idea, so much better and more fun that the usual random thriller novel that are usually on the market (I'm not saying those are bad, I just find the idea of CP really good!). The multiple ideas and possibilities are genuinely clever, I really really like the use of the main MOABT principle in CP it makes it so much more powerful and is a tremendous solution to the usual MOABT "problem".

Also giving the book a different name than the effect is a nice touch. Hats off for a top quality item and a highly-valuable addition to the magic community!
Ben
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1425 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
It is $45 US dollars to ship the French edition outside France ....
Too expensive for my taste.

Can we order soon the French edition from USA like Penguin Magic or Vanishing?

Quote:
On May 13, 2020, Alex DLF wrote:
We're super proud to release this trick in French and make it available for French Magician and Mentalist! The designing team made an awesome job making this possible, thanks to Brett and Mike for the help Smile

The product and trailer can be found here : https://www.magicdream.fr/svenpad-celebr......est.html
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1921 Posts

Profile of Lior
I use it for n every Zoom show that I do and the
fact that the all the audience can see everything
even make it stronger.
There are many advantages in the Zoom.
I use it in my Live shows ( the first was few days
ago and the second will be on Sunday)
I use my combination that I just demonstrated
In my Virtual Workshop.
Thanks
Lior
Talk To The Screen. The best effect for professionals
http://www.theliortouch.com
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Also been using this over Zoom. Excellent reactions
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
30 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
Magicians doing zoom shows have had a lot of success with CP. When you bring the book in close to the camera it's soooo easy to see the different celebs, pictures, text and page numbers. A zoom spectator can call out a number and you can turn to that page and they can see the page number. It's way better than having someone pick a card using any of the forces that call for the spectator to say, "stop." They all look fishy due to the lag. You can even have one of the wiki words chosen by holding the book close to the camera lens. Frankly, IMHO CP is one of the strongest interactive tricks that are suitable for zoom. (Of course, I am biased but this is confirmed by lots right in this thread.) As far as Justin's performance... I thought it was great and especially loved his revelation although typical of magic on TV, it was rushed... In a zoom show, you would spend a bit more time selling the 'realness' of the book with CU's of the text. Additionally, you probably wouldn't have a baby on your chest which I imagine does make it harder to bring the book really close to the camera.
berjaoui
View Profile
New user
Egypt
11 Posts

Profile of berjaoui
One of the best purchase ever!! you can do a lot of things with it! I have used it a couple of times over my Instagram Lives, and Zoom shows
I sometimes combine it with the classic baby gag predictions. I highly Recommend it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Celebrity Presage by Mike Maione and Brett Barry (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.68 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL