The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Celebrity Presage by Mike Maione and Brett Barry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (61 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
You've read all of the reviews, seen all the information, so what are you waiting for? Now available WORLD WIDE!
See it all on the Murphy's site: https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=65193
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
So as Murphy's Magic said, our CP will is NOW available worldwide at your fave online or brick & mortar magic dealers - including the V gimmick power packs. Penguin, Alakazam, Vanishing Inc, Stolina, Pegani, Saturn Magic, Hocus Pocus, Stevens, etc - who all NOW have access to our book test phenomenon Smile

Read the many reviews on the preceding pages - CP is not a one trick pony but a powerful tool that can be used in a multitude of ways with escalating reveals. For stage or strolling, comedy or not - CP is unique and unlike any other book test out there. It will absolutely fry your audiences.

Thanks to our customers especially for embracing this release and your enthusiastic support!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
mpilkey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of mpilkey
Here’s a test run I did with celebrity presage. I’ll post more later on, as I perform more with it.

Test #1. Small group of 3 women at work.

I presented the book as a book that I found at a news stand and thought it would Be a funny read. I flipped through it to show different celebrities and to read some of the funny quotes they have said. I tell one of the girls that there’s 130 pages here of celebrities saying stupid sh*t. I asked her to name a number 1-130. She named 13. So I flip 1 at a time (since it’s close to the front) to page 10 and 11. I turn the book toward them and turn the single page and hand her the book. I hand my phone to a second girl and mention that I have a prediction on it. That will come into play later. I ask her to think of a word on that page. “Make it a long word. Something complex.. 9 or more letters”. She has one. I fish to get the first letter. It’s “R”. I now know it’s “recommended”. I play around a bit with different reveals within the word and I finally reveal it. This was, I feel the biggest reaction of the entire thing. For the second reveal, I bring attention back to the phone. I open it up, and have a picture of Tom Cruz. This got a decent reaction. A second girl said she wanted to try. She asked if I memorized the pages. This was the chance to use the V gimmick. So I said “I’ll tell ya what. Let’s do this, I’ll run this bookmark down the side and you say stop. *she says stop and I insert the bookmark*. I said I’ll crack it open and turn my head. You just look at the name. That way I don’t even know the page number. “She looked at the name Beyoncé. I get a few more hits by revealing that it’s a female, singer, and then for the big reveal, I went to YouTube and played the song “single ladies”. This confirmed who it was.

That gave me the idea. I can use this with SIRIously mental. I can take the song “single ladies” and rename it “by the artist she/he is thinking of”. This way, when I ask Siri “Siri play the song “by the artist she/he is thinking of” Siri will hen say “now playing single ladies by Beyoncé”.
SIRIously Mental available from me directly

Mike@chattanoogamagic.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Excellent - thanks as always Mike!

I use your Siriously Mental idea all the time and it is so so so good.

Wishing you and everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
All I can say is WOW!
And who does not know Tom Cruise?
I could see a comedy person doing this with the baby gag....
Here is he...tom cruise...as a baby!
Last week was tougher, here is Stevie wonder, show then finally reveal.
Best,
Jeff
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Agreed but will probably have the PC brigade on your back .
Do I care ? No I still the blue version of the baby gag 🙂 .
It goes down well , no innuendo intended Gaz 😉
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
And inside the bag, you could have the phone too
amazingvijay
View Profile
Loyal user
N. California Bay Area
230 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
Just started using this wonderful product. I really like all the "features" and think this is going to be great to use.

But here's something that happened today and stumped me a bit - I showed the quotes from various celebrities and then used the V gimmick to do some mind reading and got "Beyonce". Person was impressed but then said can I take a quick peek to see what was Beyonce's dumb quote. So I looked in the book and could not find any page for Beyonce !!

That does seem like an odd omission for such a great product!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Just make up a dumb quote if you use the V
gimmick .
Beyoncé has made some classics in her time Gaz 🙂
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2020, amazingvijay wrote:
Just started using this wonderful product. I really like all the "features" and think this is going to be great to use.

But here's something that happened today and stumped me a bit - I showed the quotes from various celebrities and then used the V gimmick to do some mind reading and got "Beyonce". Person was impressed but then said can I take a quick peek to see what was Beyonce's dumb quote. So I looked in the book and could not find any page for Beyonce !!

Vijay

Sorry Vijay for the delay on response here. So leaving out Beyoncé in the pages of the book wasn't an oversight - it was on purpose. By the way, thank you for your purchase and thrilled you love it as much as we do!

There are 5 potential V gimmicks (Beyoncé comes with the book test, the others are sold separately in pairs).

If we had put all the V gimmick celebrities in the book non-force pages, there would always have been the chance that people would see Beyoncé in lets say the middle during the early demo phase (if we placed her there) and then what would happen to you in performance if someone stopped you near the FRONT or BACK pages of the book - and remembered the approximate area where they said "stop." ? This would be a problem if where they say stop didn't jibe with where they saw it earlier.

The solution from a design standpoint was to not have the V gimmick f@rces celebs there in the first place. So there would be NO CHANCE of an issue.

So for example - if you had used the book test in it's usual ways first phases (showing non-force celebrities casually front to back, and naming some while saying some funny quotes) with our design now there is NO CHANCE that you will ever come across Beyoncé before doing the PPNS (numbering system) f@rce - or f@rcing using sven.

You are always clean with our current design. No one will ever see or remember seeing Beyoncé.

As with any effect - MANAGING our spectators is key.

The V gimmick f@rce is typically used later - after the page # force. The performer should say that ONLY THE NAME is important when using the V gimmick - nothing else matters. This is how it should presented. There should be no heat on the book as it was so clearly handled before - and could have been in their own hands while reading the dumb quotes prior to f@rcing.

So when using the V gimmick I say "Lets go for a name only now - one of over 100+ possible."

So my suggestion is to NOT use the V gimmick as an effect by itself (although it could be) but rather as an extra - after the initial F@rce. Also as Gaz said above, maybe have a quote for Beyonce in mind in advance - and even reveal it perhaps before revealing the name or her songs etc.

Hope that helps! All designs have built in limitations/trade-offs. This book is extremely deceptive and the feedback has been incredible.

Finally it looks like Celebrity Presage is now a strong contender for Best Trick of 2019! If it was one of your favorites too, please consider voting here with your top 3 faves. Thanks to all of you for making CP a massive success in 2019 with nearly 1000 copies sold and counting. I believe it will stand the "book tests" over time very nicely as there is nothing else quite like it and thanks to my partner Mike Maione the design and content are perfect.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......start=20
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
For the uninitiated, here are some of the more thorough video reviews of Celebrity Presage:

WIZARD PRODUCT REVIEW

MAGIC ORTHODOXY

REAL MAGIC REVIEW

SHAWN FARQUHAR REVIEW
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thank you to Café members and customers worldwide for Voting Celebrity Presage as the 2019 Trick of the year!

This is the 2nd time a genuine SvenPad®️ product has received this honor!

Thanks especially to Mike Maione for making it all so realistically perfect.

A special “announcement” will be made next week. Stay tuned!!!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I am excited to announce that a brand new ALL FRENCH VERSION of our Celebrity Presage will be available in the next 30 days.

The all new FRENCH VERSION of Celebrity Presage was painstakingly redone from the ground up, and will be released in France by MAGIC DREAM in Paris. This is an exclusive to Magic Dream, and they will handle all sales and distribution worldwide. This will NOT be available on our SvenPads.com site. Magic Dream will handle everything as it is their baby. They did a sneak preview at their convention in Paris last month for attendees.

This collaboration took nearly a year and the French "L@s Perl#s de célébr@tés" includes:
1. All new French translation
2. All new French celebrity content & photos
3. All revised covers for the book
4. All new French V Gimmicks (including one that comes with the book standard)
5. All new instructional video by Magic Dream
6. All new French translated 30 page PDF (translated painstakingly by a native French speaker in Belgium, Louis Loriot)
7. New clever handling ideas & suggestions by Magic Dream

I can say nothing more about this beauty, and it is up to Magic Dream to make the official announcement soon with pricing and availability details. Mike Maione and I think this French version is a grand slam home-run release, In some ways Magic Dream exceeded the original Smile Alexis DLF should hopefully furnish more info soon. I believe this is one of the nicest and most powerful French book tests to ever be released to our magic fraternity. The level of small details will blow you away!

I know these are such challenging times for so many now. Please stay safe and THANK YOU from my SvenPad® family to yours. We will get through this, and the magic is within us.

REMEMBER that Celebrity Presage is 100% ideal to now use for VIRTUAL OR ZOOM online performances.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
70 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
What a pleasure it was to Magic Dream. They did a fantastic French edition of our book. My friends in Quebec and in France, you will love this.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Yup, it wasn't an easy work but it turned out very well! Can't wait to release this Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2020, amazingvijay wrote:

Vijay

This is exactly what has prevented me (and a few magicians I know) from making the purchase. Don't get me wrong, this is a TREMENDOUS idea (well done for coming up with this!) and I'd absolutely love to perform it but where I perform there is at least a 90% probability that people will ask to have a look at the book, not at all to inspect it because they're suspicious but rather because they want to have a look at the funny quotes.

Now I get your answer Brett, and sure spectator management is important but unfortunately spectator management doesn't mean you can always do what you want with whom you want wherever you want.

Anyway - the reason I'm posting here is because I'm wondering whether there are any plans to produce an ungimmicked version of it? Surely that wouldn't be too complicated to organise? And I'm sure you will get a whole more additional magicians interested in this. Some people might argue that if people turn to the page they mentioned during the performance (or any similar problem) they will see it doesn't match, but that's where I would put spectator management at play (and I honestly don't believe people will remember that after the performance, they will only want to see the book and laugh at some funny quotes).

Oh and sorry if that has already been answered, I tried to quickly go through the whole thread but haven't seen anything on that.

Thanks!
sillymagician
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
70 Posts

Profile of sillymagician
None of the V-gimmick celebs are in the book. Our thinking was that when the non-force pages are casually shown, the spectator might see and note where the v-gimmick celeb was in the book. (Not necessarily the page number but near the front or near the back.) Then when the v-gimmick was used and it was placed too far away from that spot it would make the spectator question things. Hence, we decided to keep them out of the book. In the six-plus years, I have been using Celebrity Presage (recall there was a predecessor to the current version) I have never been asked to see the book after the effect and I have performed it in many different settings. But this is how I would handle the situation - I would flip to any page and have a Beyonce quote ready to recite or make one up on the spot and say why I don't like to let others handle my props... today that's really easy... "germs". But, what I usually do when I'm asked to see or handle any of my props, I say, "Sure, but let me show another trick first, then proceed to work with another spectator and or do another completely different effect. That usually moves things along without a second thought. Don't let this hold you back from enjoying Celebrity Presage. BTW we have no plans to release an ungaffed book at this time.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Noted, thank you for the answer!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thank you Goldeneye 007 in London (by the way, From Russia with Love was my favorite!).

I think Mike hopefully answered your question. We really did consider putting the V gimmick bookmark celebs in the table of contents and the book too but felt that it might cause the issue Mike mentions - someone saying stop near the front, but if they looked back finding the celeb entry somewhere else. It was a design decision.

Keep in mind that you CAN have a spectator handle the book without much worry before you even get started - having someone on your left physically who you know is right handed. We teach it on video and the PDF. They can flip, look, read quotes... freely. In their hands. No heat, just a little management.

I've always felt the V gimmick is more of an "extra" as a kicker later in the evening - to be done separately or not as part of the main routine.

Also in terms of a non-gimmicked matching book - the costs just wouldn't justify the small # of people who might buy it. We don't use Lulu or one of the online cheap print companies - we make the books at our own print shop in Phoenix, AZ using our own paper, UV coating process, & binding equipment. Our production costs are too high and we need to order over 300 per run. In these times of Coronavirus - it just wouldn't be feasible.

Also since the beginning of selling the SvenPads line we always offered "non-gimmicked" matching pads. Over time we found we sold almost none of them (they ran about $20 for two) - they were never popular - and so we simply stopped selling non-gimmicked pads to dealers, as there was very light demand.

Take care and Goldeneye - great questions all. Please be safe and wishing best to you and your family.

(Once again, CP is perfect for virtual performances on ZOOM etc)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Celebrity Presage by Mike Maione and Brett Barry » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (61 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL