The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Close up pads (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoshP06
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of JoshP06
Best website for close up pads? It seems like there are two types of pads. A mouse pad material and a velvety type top with a hard bottom. What site would you guys recommend, and what type of pad?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Http://pattricksmagic.com/

Worth every penny!
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I second that!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
You also asked what type... to be honest, personally, I prefer the plush material but the spectrum material is great too. I have no experience with the original material so I can’t speak for that. Pattrick is a very helpful guy and has top notch customer service, so if you have questions...
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
I went with murphys magic. It was cheap, less than 20 bucks. It was the type with no backing that rolls up. Mats can run from 10 bucks to 400 bucks. Here is one reviewer you might like:

https://youtu.be/RYcapJmoT6Y
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Do you need this to be able to roll up? or can a solid surface suffice?
JoshP06
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of JoshP06
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2019, Drylid wrote:
Do you need this to be able to roll up? or can a solid surface suffice?

I'm leaning towards a solid surface.
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Ok so a performing surface rather than a close up pad. Ill send a pic of one I built tomorrow
hikeeba
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of hikeeba
Can anyone compare Patrick's to propdog? Thx
Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Cymru
149 Posts

Profile of Kong
I need one of these, to fit my practice space - a bureau with ~10" square mirrored tiles inside. I'd like a pad to fit the bureau's drop-leaf so I'm going to visit a few local upholstery/furniture shops to see if I can find some suitable foam and material to cover it with.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Kong... it sounds like you will have a pretty cool practice area when you are done. Good luck finding what you need, I hope it all works out.

Take care,
Bruce
Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Cymru
149 Posts

Profile of Kong
Thanks Bruce. Yes, it's a nice little space. I could do with fixing the mirrored tiles a bit better - they currently stand on wooden blocks into which I've cut angled slots (to tip the mirrors forwards slightly), but they do the job just fine. It does need a better surface though, the leather writing surface isn't ideal.

Cheers.
Jonmaddgician
View Profile
New user
Perth, Western Australia
72 Posts

Profile of Jonmaddgician
TCC make one of the best close up mats I've ever seen, beautifully crafted with a solid leather back!

https://www.tccplayingcard.com/leather-pad_p0027.html
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2019, Jonmaddgician wrote:
TCC make one of the best close up mats I've ever seen, beautifully crafted with a solid leather back!

https://www.tccplayingcard.com/leather-pad_p0027.html

I just looked at these at Abbott's Get Together last weekend. I agree, they are nice. The prices are fair too.
Eapperson
View Profile
New user
Greenville, SC
3 Posts

Profile of Eapperson
Pattrick’s Magical Surfaces are awesome!

I am not an advertiser of lots of stuff, but...I reached out to Pattrick to create a custom sized and embroidered pad. His service was perfect with quick turnaround. My pad arrived and fit the measurements I had provided exactly. I now own multiple pads from Pattrick and love them all, but his custom work is spectacular!

If you want custom no one does it better.

https://www.pattricksmagic.com/magical-mats
Edmund Apperson
The Southern Scoundrel
magical evidence of a misspent youth
www.thesouthernscoundrel.com
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Dish drying pad from dollar store. For . . . just one dollar.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Close up pads (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL