The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Plots & Methods by Michal Kociolek (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Hey guys,

Plots & Methods is a 40+ page booklet that I will be releasing this August! Inside the booklet you will find five card routines - an impossibly looking sandwich (with a super sneaky follow up), a truly fooling card at a number, an unusual card to impossible location, an incredible coincidence effect, and (as a bonus) one of my favorite gambling routines.

The great thing is that the routines are very easy to perform, as one of the coolest principles do most of the work for you!

Now, the booklet is pretty much ready to hit the printers, but I would love to share the material with someone who could take a fresh look at everything. I'm not a native speaker, so I'm sure there is room for tweaking the texts a bit.

So, if you're interested, PM me!

Thanks, and stay tuned!

Mike
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Plots & Methods is now available!

You can purchase it here: https://pm.michalkociolek.pl

Please contact me or post here if you have any questions! Thanks!

Mike
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Where is this shipping from?
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2019, ash2arani wrote:
Where is this shipping from?

Poland Smile

Mike
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Thanks Mike.
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
No problem. The shipping cost of the booklet to practically anywhere in the world is $5.

Mike
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I had a chance to read through the booklet so wanted to share my thoughts. I should start by saying I've been a fan of Mike's work for quite some time. His effects are not only baffling, but the methods are refreshing as the undermining principles used are so clever and less common. Plots and Methods is no exception. It contains 4 effects and a bonus idea for his marketed effect, Polish Poker.

"All In" is a seemingly impossible sandwich routine that is a variation of Mike's excellent effect "In Between". The method here is very different, and the selection process is more free, though it is designed to be performed for 4-5 spectators (where as "In Between" can be performed one-on-one). Like it's predecessor, you will need to know how to do a faro shuffle. That said, the combination of methods at play here is diabolically clever. This is really great stuff!

"Lucky You" is a neat and different approach to the CAAN plot that is meant to be performed for a small group. Its not as straight forward as some other CAANs, but its a great way to engage multiple people in the effect and the principle behind this was new to me (though Mike gives an extensive list of crediting sharing its lineage). It will likely fool you and is a clever approach to the plot.

"R.M." allows a thought of card to vanish from a packet and re-appear anywhere you like. The effect utilizes one of my favorite techniques in a very clever way. It's based on an old Brother John Hamman trick, but uses a simplified method, among other improvements. While this effect did not really suit my style personally, its certainly solid and well constructed.

Three + One is a very nice coincidence effect. It will take more work to setup than anything else in the booklet, but the payoff is strong. The choices of the spectator are so fair along the way that the final reveals leave little room to backtrack how that happened. Great thinking and another very strong effect.

Lastly, we learn some further ideas on how to perform his marketed effect Polish Poker.

As you can see, there is a lot packed into this booklet. The effects are layered, fooling and you will likely discover some very cool principles that are the backbone of the project. Highly recommended!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Thank you, David!

By the way, the booklet has been added to the Conjuring Archive, so you can check its contents here: https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/book/1973

Mike
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
The first printing is already gone! Thank you so much for that!

I've ordered another one, but because of that, I've set the pre-order on the site.

Anyway, I should have the booklets next week.

Mike
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Here's an AMAZING review from Steve Faulkner/Real Magic Review:

https://youtu.be/1BotCIAfyfo

Mike
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I totally agree above with what David Jonathan says about it.

you will learn something from this book, I guarantee it.

If you at least get 1 effect out of this book, it is worth it, at least to me.

I personally liked 2 of the effects, and will be practicing them.

Anyway, you cannot go wrong with Michael's card work.

You will learn something from this release.

Polish Poker is great, and it just goes to show how Michael thinks, so much that Card Shark decided to make it.

I believe it is one of Christian's favorite effects to perform.

Anyway, Plots & Methods is a no brainer, and for the price you cannot go wrong.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Any plans to release this as an eBook like previous works?
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, Recoplon wrote:
Any plans to release this as an eBook like previous works?

It is very possible that the booklet will be available as an ebook in the future, but this might take a while. Smile

Mike
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

I totally agree above with what David Jonathan says about it.

you will learn something from this book, I guarantee it.

If you at least get 1 effect out of this book, it is worth it, at least to me.

I personally liked 2 of the effects, and will be practicing them.

Anyway, you cannot go wrong with Michael's card work.

You will learn something from this release.

Polish Poker is great, and it just goes to show how Michael thinks, so much that Card Shark decided to make it.

I believe it is one of Christian's favorite effects to perform.

Anyway, Plots and Methods is a no brainer, and for the price you cannot go wrong.

Alex Alejandro

Oh! I forgot about you! Smile Thank you so much, Alejandro! I'm glad you like the booklet!

Well, I guess the work on more plots and methods starts... now! Smile

Mike

PS.

Get your own copy here: https://pm.michalkociolek.pl
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Hey guys,

After lecturing at 52 Pro magic festival in Poznan (along with amazing people like Mario Lopez, Mike Vincent, and Jaime Figueroa just to name a few), I now have only a handful of booklets. And, once they're gone - they're gone! There are no plans for further printing.

So, get your copy here: https://pm.michalkociolek.pl and fool & entertain both magicians and laymen! Smile

Mike
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Hey guys,

Good news! The booklet will be soon available from one of your favorite magic stores. Smile And, the booklet will be also available as an ebook!

If you're interested in checking out the ebook version and writing a word or two about it here, I'll be more than happy to send it to you. Just PM me.

And, I have literally four copies left. So, if you want an autographed copy, here's your last chance. Smile Thanks!

Mike
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
I am going to review what in Mike's book one trick at a time while still fresh in my memory. The first trick is called ALL IN and if you can faro a deck of cards you will love this. Really some nice thinking here. To sandwich a looked at card in which those cards are cut seems like an impossibility but Mike has come up with a beautiful way of doing so and something I haven't seen anywhere in print.

Handing out the cards to the spectators I would probably say, here a few for you, more for you, a little for you, more for you and to the last saying what's left for you.

Like I said earlier as long as you can faro you will definitely use this. A definite THUMBS UP from me.
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Thanks Smile Can't wait for more!

Mike
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
I couldn't wait to write this one up. Trick no. 2 in Mike's book is called Lucky You and it's another great effect. A card is looked at by one of 4 spectators, the 4 packets are gathered up and the deck shuffled by you and then six numbers are added together and he can count down to that number and find his noted card in the EXACT number position. What I changed is, instead of business cards, I took 12 cards and made 6 double facers, RED on one side and BLACK on the other side ( if you have the book you would understand).

It could be used in either a card or mentalism act. This is really good. Very easy to do. I'm very impressed by these first two tricks and can't wait to get to the third one. I would already recommend buying this based on just the first two tricks alone, without even getting to the third and fourth trick in the book and his bonus handling on his marketed Polish Poker trick.

Another THUMBS UP from me, no question. If you can't do a faro which you need to do in the first trick you will definitely want to do this one, it is very strong. I would definitely recommend you shuffle the deck after you gather the packets together as it make a strong trick even stronger.
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Thank you! Three more to go! Smile

Plots & Methods is now available in hardcopy or as an ebook from Vanishing Inc!

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......methods/

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Plots & Methods by Michal Kociolek (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL