The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Close Up Magician on To Tell The Truth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I just saw To Tell the Truth tonight with someone who was claiming to be a world class close up magician/"Mind bender" who proved his abilities by doing a hack effect "The Web" spider effect. This is a good effect but a very stock effect to attempt to prove your abilities as an expert in slight of hand. Does anyone know who this JB Benn is and can vouch for his expert abilities?
Ray Pierce
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I've heard the name before. I was also wondering why he chose that effect. It was barely visible on camera and they almost had to keep proving there was a spider on her hand. The best thing he got was her reaction, but I think the home audience might have been confused by what was going on.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
320 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Didn't see the show but have seen Benn on a few different tv appearances over the years. He's pretty good from what I recall. Perhaps he chose a poor effect to showcase his talents. I personally don't understand why anyone would perform "The Web" and I agree it's a total hack effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Close Up Magician on To Tell The Truth (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL