The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Help with contemporary antiques (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Does anyone know how to go about finding collectors who might wish to buy older items that are not quite antique worthy?

I have two old typewriters (1930's and 1950's or so) That I would love to sell. Shipping would be brutal as these are small but heavy.
I also have some older photographic equipment. Old video and old cameras and weird lens filters etc. that will also be tough to ship.

Truth is, while I would like a few dollars for these items, I am more interested in finding them a home where they will be appreciated and enjoyed.

Any leads or serious advice is welcome.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
EBay...there are folks who collect and buy everything. My son is currently into "old" CRT Televisions, and he finds them on eBay.

Beside Magic forums, there are also forums for pretty much everything else, and many of them have "for sale" threads. You'd have to do some searching, but if you find them, you'll be connecting with more die hard fans and maybe willing to pay more.

No help from me on shipping. We had old 1920's Underwood typewriter that we sold on Craigslist. It was a beast and instead of dealing with shipping, a collector drove 4 hours to come pick it up.

Good luck
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Help with contemporary antiques (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL