The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Potential Fraud (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2019, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2019, Sudo Nimh wrote:
. . . he called ME a crook.

With all due respect – and I mean that sincerely – he didn't ever call you a crook.

With all due respect - he DID.

Sorry for being unclear. I meant that he didn't do so here.

I have no idea what he did somewhere else. And, as you point out, we've heard only one side of that story: yours.

As I say, I hope that you two can work it out to your mutual satisfaction. It sounds like a huge misunderstanding to me, with frustration to boot.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
PayPal allows 180-days from the time of payment to open a dispute. Even just thinking about it after 3-days is nonsensical.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
When I buy items on the Café I always use the “purchase” option on PayPal opposes to the send money to friends. But I do add in a buck or two to make up for the cut PayPal takes from the seller when I do that
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I'm beginning to wonder who the OP for this thread is Smile

but I will post an update (not sure its needed).

1)As best as I can tell, I did not use the "Family and Friends" method to send money

2) I did file a claim about a week ago (thanks for all the emphatic encouragements to do so)

3)Today, Pay Pal "upgraded" my claim in some way, saying it has been "escalated" (whatever that means), and they are requesting more info from the person that I was trying to buy things from.

4)Although my potential loss is inconsequential, like others have expressed, it does anger me a bit, and I don't like the idea someone doing this with impunity (especially since the person was in the process of "selling" many items on the Café at the time I contacted him/her.)

5) I found Pay Pay to be rather obtuse (e.g.; they said my claim will ~expire after 17 days, but that I should wait 17 days before I try to escalate things. (Tell me that again?)

I would enjoy thoughts on how to protect oneself against such people. I've thought of starting a thread of names of such people.. but I can understand why the management of the Café doesn't want this.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Today PayPal told me that the other party did not respond to their request for more information, and they will refund me the money.

Strange system; seems like PP isn't even going to try to prosecute the other party.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Potential Fraud (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL