The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HANDS-OFF CAAN (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

diogoviana7
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of diogoviana7
Hi guys, this is my new effect called B.E.C.A.A.N.

It´s a totally Hands-off Card At Any Number where the spectator does the dealing and takes the cards out of the box themselves.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12245

I hope you like it and if you have any questions I´m happy to reply.

Thanks
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
A download or deck included ?
diogoviana7
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of diogoviana7
It´s a download.

You may need to purchase something but a lot of magicians already have what´s needed.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
I wonder how this compares to WTF by Jamie Allen or Numbers by Rus Andrews.

Are the cards required to be sticking out as in the demo or can the fully begin the box.
diogoviana7
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of diogoviana7
The choice of numbers is very different from WTF by Jamie Allen and Numbers by Rus Andrews.

In this effect the spectator can say ANY number from 1 to 50. Honestly the number 1 is the worst cenario but it works aswell. I probably ask for an interesting number so they won´t say numbers like 1,2,51,52.

If you want the spectator to remove the cards from the case they need to be sticking out a bit. If you want to remove the cards yourself then the case can be closed.
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
To me looks like the Grail .... differences?
diogoviana7
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of diogoviana7
Spectator can remove the cards from the case.

Very easy mental thinking during performance.

Like the name implies, I created this to be a very EASY version to the performer mantaining all the pros of other versions and also some improvements.

The spectator can ALWAYS remove the card from the case, not only on some scenarios.
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
I applaud the honest ad that says "part of the performance was cut out because otherwise, the method will be discovered".

All similar videos of effect MUST include that disclaimer.
diogoviana7
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of diogoviana7
Thanks MarianoG

I´m always honest and don´t want you to feel cheated when you discover the method.

The description is very detailed but I´m happy to reply to your questions.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Also appreciate the honesty that part of the performance was not shown, but can you give us any indication about the missing part? Not phishing... but also don't want to be disappointed that it comes off as something unworkable or easily backtracked or something?

Other questions:

Reset?
Can the deck be used for other effects or does the dirty work mean it would be limited to this effect?
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
I decided to pick up this trick and to be honest I do not think I would use it.

I can see not showing a demo of it as pointed out it would be to easy to see what’s going on however the download could have included one. He goes right into the explanation.

The explanation is confusing as to the setup. Part of it was missed and there was a insert to correct it but the explanation did not still address it.

He goes into explaining another one way of doing the effect and he is confused. Also if you follow the insert it does not match as well to what he is explaining. Based on that I think the whole thing should have been reshot.

To answer the questions asked.

Reset?

Automatic.

Can the deck be used for other effects or does the dirty work mean it would be limited to this effect?

I would say limited to this effect.
diogoviana7
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of diogoviana7
Sorry to hear that.

Yes the reset is automatic and with this deck you can only perform this trick.

If you still have any doubts I´m happy to reply to you.

But please try to perform the effect to people and you will see the reactions and the method work.

Once again sorry if the download felt confusing to you.
diogoviana7
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of diogoviana7
No2ss, I will try to explain why I cut part of the performance.

If you watched the full uncut performance only one time you wouldn´t notice anything.

But as I said in the description of the trick, if you want to perform an open prediction (prediction known prior to the dealing) the cards must be dealt face down.

So, if you watched the demo for the second time, it would be an open prediction to you because you already know the predicted card Smile

But the part that was cut from the performance is just the spectator dealing cards, I never touched or said anything.

Hope this explanation helps
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
B.E.C.A.A.N stands for Best Easy Card At Any Number.

This is a CAAN where the spectators name ANY number, and the card at that number is your prediction!

-> Free choice of number (1-50)
-> NO Moves
-> Hands-off (spectator can remove the cards from the case)
-> Only ONE prediction
-> Spectator deal always from the top of the deck
-> Spectator deal the cards FACE UP (if you want to use it as an open prediction the cards must be dealt face down)
-> No cuts of any kind
-> No Memory work
-> 1st grade Math involved Smile (if you can count how many fingers you have on your hands you can do this trick)

Part of the performance was cut because if you watch it a second time - maybe you could see part of the method.

Hope you like it guys.
—————————-

There is no full performance to watch and the creator was very open and honest with his reason why. It could be a problem on video with repeated viewings . However, interestingly enough, when performing this, it works and works well. At 1st with the method used ( been done before In other effects) I was skeptical and originally dismissed this effect prior to giving it some test runs. My suggestion is to give it a try, see the impact on the spectator and like me, do not get hung up on the method. It should always be about the entertainment value, practicality, quick reset is always positive and how the spectator reacts . I found that it was entertaining, magical, instant reset and got good reactions.

This is CAAN. Card is never chosen or named. It is a freely named number and the card at the number matches your prediction.
This is a nice effect. Creator says you could do it as an open prediction. This will not be as strong as presenting it as the CAAN . First off, cards would be dealt face down. Sure you could show the deck face up prior to presenting this. Sure you could show the deck after the effect but as an open prediction the dealing to the named number must be face down. This is not as strong.
The video is just under 19 mins and I found it a decent teaching video. Unless you are brand new to magic or perhaps new to this plot, it is simple to follow and comprehend after 1 viewing. With the pricing at $16.99 the video should have been reshot for clarity. In fact during the set up, txt comes up on the screen to correct the initial set up as it is missing a step on the video. In today’s world of technology, downloads, streaming services and overall pricing for such items, it should have been reshot and more professional. If this was a $5 download, I would not be mentioning this. As a $16.99 purchase & understanding the value is in the overall effect, I feel it should have contained a full performance, there is no performance on the download and a better structured tutorial.

There are no arts and crafts, no gimmicks, spectator removes the deck from box and does the dealing . These are all positives. If you like this plot- like most of us do, I recommend this effect and believe most will find a use for it as it does contain strong points.

Hands off routine
Spectator deals
No sleights
No gimmicks
1 time simple 30 second set up
Deck for this effect only
No memory work
Learned in minutes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HANDS-OFF CAAN (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL