The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Deck from silk (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jbasile
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jbasile
Hello all, new account here (because I no longer have access to my old one).

I've been working on a few silk routines but I'd like to produce a boxed deck of cards from a silk, however I'm looking for a method that doesn't present it as a trick necessarily, but more of an afterthought. For example, I don't want to have to purposely present the silk as empty and whatnot. I just want to be able to *casually* handle the silk (from which the audience will gather that it is empty) and while pattering, produce the deck. Can anyone recommend any sources that might be helpful to pull that off? Thanks for your help!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This section is for stage and parlour presentations, so my suggestion will not work for Close-Up Magic.

It is simply a matter of using the methods for Dove Productions. The silk is not gimmicked or attached in any way. So it fits your requirements.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Thumb loop.
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
If wearing a jacket...reach in to get the silk (and pick up deck of cards which you drop into sleeve at armpit)

Deck is now sleeved and you can retrieve any way or time.

It works. I use to use this to produce my 'Invisible Deck'
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Zauberman, Thanks for reminding me of that old Invisible deck production. When the late great Patrick Page was lecturing in the U.S. I purchased one of his new productions called a Sleeve Dropper. It works for jumbo 3 inch coins, and decks of playing cards. I used it all the time. I highly recommend it. It is now offered on Patrick pages Website. It is so nice his family decided to keep his his memory alive. They make a lot of his wonderful products. It is also made so that it can be reloaded very easily right in front of your audience and spectators.

Here is a direct link to his Sleeve Dropper, it works with a simple pinch of the jacket sleeve, using a natural gesture.

https://patrickpagemagic.co.uk/product/sleeve-dropper/
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I have even gotten the deck via a wlth egg dropper.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bob, you are right on, I did not think of that even though I use one in my shows.

I found the Abbott's Gung gimmick to work best.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I think you should use deck holder. Or if you want the self contain gimmick, you might use devil hank.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2020, indomagic wrote:
I think you should use deck holder. Or if you want the self contain gimmick, you might use devil hank.

What is a deck holder, never heard of such a thing. Please give a reference to it.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Trevor Duffy invented a safe and reliable boxed deck dropper that works similarly to Pat Page's coin and card packet dropper. It is easy to mount and easy to use. https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8872

I think that Indomagic was actually referring to a Deck Holdout or Card Dropper. It is a worthy old school idea, inexpensive and easy to use. I'd say the sleeve method is a tad easier and slightly less angle sensitive.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DECK-HOLDOUT-PL......v0tVJHxU

Zauberman's recommendation is the least expensive and works a wonder!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is a Deck Dropper from the late Norm Nielsen: https://nnmagic.com/store/manipulation-s......dropper/

You need to wear a jacket deck does not have to be boxed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Deck from silk (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL