The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism Podcast - The Mystery Arts Podcast (150 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3275 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2019, Nathan Pain wrote:
I am not sure if you can do this but if you could make your podcast available on the PocketCasts app I would really dig that! Usually once a podcast is on Apple it will show up in PocketCasts but yours hasn't yet.

Thanks,

Nathan

Thanks for the tip. It's only been on Apple for about 24 hours so that could be the reason. I'll check it out though, thanks!
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3275 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
It does appear to be on there now, I think maybe it just hadn't synced yet.

Here's the Pocketcast direct link for The Mystery Arts Podcast:

https://pca.st/8E9j

Thanks! I wasn't familiar with that Podcatcher.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1325 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Enjoyable listen - well done Matt! Loved that you had to clarify a "spirit wrap/rap"!! Funny.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3275 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
You know kids today... but I confess, I love the idea of the Fox sisters trance channeling some freestyles.

My younger son loves 'The Who Was Show' on Netflix, which is a kids history/sketch comedy show and they do a lot of historical raps in full costume, I could totally see the Fox sisters on the show.

Thanks for listening! New episode *probably* tomorrow night.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
972 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Finally had the chance to listen, while driving home through France. (Which sounds a lot more romantic than it really was, as I had to take the toll roads and just drive as fast as I could). I really enjoyed this, wow! Matt has a great voice, knows a heck of a lot about both magic and mentalism and speaks eloquently and yet understandably (which is important, not being a native speaker). And he’s a great storyteller!

As you asked for feedback I would suggest:

More stories! You excel at telling ‘em (History of mentalism, perhaps biographies, history of tricks, anything!)
A couple more jjngles or bumpers. Maybe made by yourself, maybe changing from time to time. And tell us why you choose ‘em! It’s nice to get to know you better on other levels too, especially in this field as you have a background in music. And many magicians apparently have.
The reviews could be a bit longer and a bit more critical, I feel. Like saying what s exactly good about it, but also clearly state what you don’t like. I know you’re a mellow and positive guy, but I think you can be really positive and really critical at the same time. Madison probably wouldn’t agree, though 😄

Looking forward to number three! I’m a fan!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2818 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
That link did the trick, THANKS!!

Nathan
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3275 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Finally had the chance to listen, while driving home through France. (Which sounds a lot more romantic than it really was, as I had to take the toll roads and just drive as fast as I could). I really enjoyed this, wow! Matt has a great voice, knows a heck of a lot about both magic and mentalism and speaks eloquently and yet understandably (which is important, not being a native speaker). And he’s a great storyteller!

As you asked for feedback I would suggest:

More stories! You excel at telling ‘em (History of mentalism, perhaps biographies, history of tricks, anything!)
A couple more jjngles or bumpers. Maybe made by yourself, maybe changing from time to time. And tell us why you choose ‘em! It’s nice to get to know you better on other levels too, especially in this field as you have a background in music. And many magicians apparently have.
The reviews could be a bit longer and a bit more critical, I feel. Like saying what s exactly good about it, but also clearly state what you don’t like. I know you’re a mellow and positive guy, but I think you can be really positive and really critical at the same time. Madison probably wouldn’t agree, though 😄

Looking forward to number three! I’m a fan!

Thanks for the feedback! This kind of stuff is very valuable, I'll definitely take all of your advice. I'll most definitely add some more music and make some bumpers or something. Though I listen to a ton of podcasts, I have been listening much more critically and taking notes. It's work in progress, I really appreciate the ideas.

Quote:
On Aug 12, 2019, Nathan Pain wrote:
That link did the trick, THANKS!!

Nathan

Okay great!
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1631 Posts

Profile of 252life
Really great job Matt.
Great topics, pacing, voice, thoughts, etc Smile

Thanks
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3275 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2019, 252life wrote:
Really great job Matt.
Great topics, pacing, voice, thoughts, etc Smile

Thanks

Thanks! Much appreciated.

________

Episode 3 is now out featuring a really fascinating interview with Christopher Taylor!
We talk about storytelling, martial arts, the creative process, electronics in mentalism, and lots more. Christopher is a really great guy, and though I've seen him lecture and bought some of his products, it was really cool to get a peek behind the curtain so to speak.

It was interesting and thought provoking for me, and I'm sure you guys will feel the same.

I think it sets a great tone for the type of interviews I want to do with the show, that is, not just the superficial stuff...

New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Rik Gazelle
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
118 Posts

Profile of Rik Gazelle
This was an enjoyable chat with Christopher Taylor and some interesting views on how to approach and use story-telling. One thing that I believe will stay with me is Christopher's enlightening view on 'Chi' - thought provoking stuff.

Thank you for your generosity in producing this for the community to enjoy.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1408 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Another wonderful, very enjoyable podcast. Thanks Matt and Christopher for a great listen.

Really appreciated Christopher's perspective on magic and mentalism...and so much more.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
972 Posts

That was great! Really liked episode 3. I can’t get over how much we all have in common... I too play several musical instruments and sing like Matt, have spent years practicing martial arts like both Matt and Chris, have a wife like Chris that told me to go for it when I was in doubt to go pro, we dig storytelling and we all love to nerd out on magic sleights. 😁
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2818 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I am in the middle of Ep 3...keep up the great work, Matt!

Nathan
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3275 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words.

I wasn't sure what to expect as it's such a niche subject/audience, but it's been a little over a week since the launch and the pod has over 200 plays so far. Small change for some, but I think it's a great start and I've done basically zero promotion other than start this thread.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
972 Posts

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1408 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Also love the electronic music! Very cool.

One of the things about Christopher Taylor that shines through is what a gentleman he is. If you ever buy anything from Christopher, you are in for a great experience. Excellent products and top notch customer service.

His Poor Mage's Billet System is wonderful.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
972 Posts

You’re right. I haven’t bought anything from him yet but I immediately felt this is a guy you can trust.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3275 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Never been much into the 'tronics, but I think he may have influenced my thinking a little.
To paraphrase a great quote from Christopher. "If it adds a theatrical advantage"

Now I think I want an Eclipse! Hey, it's mentalism with COINS...

But yeah, such a cool guy. I hope I get to hang out with him sometime in real life.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Djin
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Djin
Glad I checked into the Café. Will download and listen to this.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1631 Posts

Profile of 252life
Just picked up his Poor Mage pdf and I really like it a lot (!).
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism Podcast - The Mystery Arts Podcast (150 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.64 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL