The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is in your collection? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
I got some good ones. I can't call them very rare or prized possessions, but I like them.

They are.

The very first range of thumb tip (Copper).
Autographs of Dante and Moi-YO-Miller.
Goldin's Poster.
Two of the Stanyons very old catalogues and some bits n bobs.

T.
Sean Lough
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
212 Posts

Profile of Sean Lough
I have my Blackstone the Magician comic books that I bought before I knew they were collectable. I bought them for the stories and the tricks.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Hmmmm...
I have a stock photo signed by the Professor...
A cover of Gen with Alex Elmsley on the cover from 1955 signed to me (by Mr. Elmsley, of course)...
A Michael Ammar cover signed over...

And a number of first editions. Nothing hugely spectacular, mind you, but each means some thing to me, and (IMHO) that's the best reason to collect something.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Lucky, lucky me. I just got a Chung Ling Soo postcard from an antique dealer.

Got it for £5!!!

It is singed as well. Soo is standing with a small plate it his hand.

Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4794 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
1. A Houdini Pitchbook given to me by my father.

2. Escape equipment circa 1915 from my grandfather's store in Port Chester, NY including handcuffs, leg irons, neck restraint, chains, keys, picks, blueprints of locks, mailbar, etc.

3. Thayer Wonderscreen

4. Old Owen Sword Cabinet

5. Thayer One Hand Production Cabinet
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
218 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
Dang, you guys got some neat stuff!

All I have is a Tannen's catalog from the 1970s with David Copperfield's picture on the front, which I use as a stand for a potted plant.
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2017 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Doing some cleaning...

Some correspondence from Raveen raving about the light bulb cabinet. Same with Doug Henning prior to his broadway show. Both on their stationery.
Some Xmas cards from Mrs. Dante to Dad from the 1960s.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I have some pretty neat magic collectibles. Mainly as my user name implies I collect Anverdi magic. I reluctanly use the word "collect" as I also use these effects regularly. My collection also has many obscure items from Merv Taylor, Abbott's, Tannen's, etc.

Take at peek

http://caputocollection.tripod.com/ Smile
Luis Sirgado
View Profile
New user
Portugal
90 Posts

Profile of Luis Sirgado
I have a special but small museum that is mine. In that museum I have my first magic toys, and some material of a Portuguese magical association called API (academia portuguesa de ilusionismo) that now is know has associação portuguesa de ilusionismo. Some of the things are a member card, a photo from Oliveira Martins (the president of the association), a coin from a trick that they sold and that no longer exists, and I also have a catalog.

magical hugs

luis Smile
"One of the greatest accomplishments of magicians in the last century is the ability to take something inherently profound and render it trivial."

-Max Maven-
shane_delon
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of shane_delon
I've got about 80 autographs.
Talmi
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Talmi
I have started to collect Conradi Horster (German dealer from around 1900 to 1944) a couple of years ago. Please feel free to visit my website at http://www.marvelsoft.de. The site is in German and always under consstruction but you might enjoy the pictures. I would be happy about a nice guestbook (Gastebuch) entry and any contact to other collectors.

Best Regards
WandSpin
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of WandSpin
I've got an old one of Vernon in a frame. Right in the entry to the house. I touch it when I leave for luck!
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
I purchased a poster of Murray (the original one, not the new guy called Murray), and I was so suprised to find that it had his autograph on the back. Also, that he had given it to David Deval...who wrote the date on the back and signed it as well! I had several notes Deval sent to me some years ago, which made me feel like a long lost friend. What a great guy.
Magic Archive
View Profile
New user
Sweden
4 Posts

Profile of Magic Archive
I have been collecting magic items since 1946 and have to-day about 1.500 apparatus, 600 catalogues, 2000 posters, 4000 photos, 6000 pages newspapper cuttings, 7000 publicity materials, 8000 magazines plus books...
Yours Christer Nilsson, Sweden
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
732 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I just got a copy of Frank Garcia's "Encyclopedia Of Spongeball Magic" off of Ebay.I have a copy of "Smoke And Mirror's" book and some old Tannen's and Abbotts cataloges and Old "Prynce-Wheeler Escapes cataloges.Its not much but I just started collecting. Smile

I just picked up off Ebay "Lou Gallo The Underground Man" and after missing out four times in a row I finally got Kenner's Totally Losing Control!My other goodies I recently picked up off Ebay were a Vick Lawson 1961 magic catalog and a old 1920's Heaney magic catalog.T%hank God for Ebay! Smile
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
Let's see...

Presly Guitar's Long Salt Pour, who I saw posted in WIYC once and there are no other post.
Tim Starrs Parasol
Blackstones very own Multim in Parvo
An umbrella that is just a stage decoration used in his early shows (Blackstone)
Challet Duck Bucket
Beautiful and old Dove Thru Glass
Old and not sure of maker TV Card Frame

That is some of the old stuff.
Wouldn't even want to start on the new stuff!
Except, to mention ALL the Wolf's Magic stuff other than the Table!:cool:
Tim
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
GeorgeG
View Profile
Inner circle
Thousand Oaks, CA
1017 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
My Collection?
many first edition/deluxe collector's edition books.
Stuff from Milson-Worth, Collectors' Workshop, Eddy Taytelbaum, Owens, Mel Babcock, James Riser, Richard Gerlitz, Todd Lassen, Wayne Thomas.

My most prized magic is the complete teak collection of Alan Warner's Mini-Magic:
http://users.adelphia.net/~gguerra/index.html
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
I have a autographed pic of Robert Harbin that I got off of ebay a few years ago.

Robert
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
732 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I just picked up off Ebay CardCraft,AfterCraft andTrickery Treats all by JK Hartman.

I just got "JK Hartmans "Odd Lifts".a couple more Heaney catalogs.a Haines House of Cards catolog and a copy of TG Murphy "Imagication.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2426 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hmmmm...the evidence of my "illness"?
Merv Taylor's Linking Razor Blades /1940's or 50's
P&L Card Sword
1st Series Hamilton JoAnne Card Duck / Mint...way cool!
Merv Taylor Copper Dove Pan / Mint
and a bunch of Killer Milson Worth effects which I just love!
oh... and a bunch of mint condition props from some guy named Wolf Smile
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is in your collection? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL