The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Would like some info on the spider gimmick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Two methods? now that's a bit confusing. Let me try and find my copy of the WGM tape and check it out.
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
No , I didn't mean he uses them both together . He uses only one of them at a time . Peter decides normally before the show wich method would fit in the conditions of the stage he is working on that day .
In the case of the WGM it was a great opportunity for Peter to use his gimmick , because of the controlled angles by the cameras .

Cheers ,
Philipp
Doc Brown : If you put your mind to it , you can accomplish anything .
Magixspinx
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magixspinx
Quote:
On 2004-06-01 10:21, Philipp Kandt wrote:
No , I didn't mean he uses them both together . He uses only one of them at a time . Peter decides normally before the show wich method would fit in the conditions of the stage he is working on that day .
In the case of the WGM it was a great opportunity for Peter to use his gimmick , because of the controlled angles by the cameras .

Cheers ,
Philipp

I disagree because if you see the routine in slowmotion you can really see the gimmick...
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
What exactly do you disagree ? The case that it was a great opportunity ? I didn't say that the cameras could cover everything , but the angles are much better than normally .

???
Philipp
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22041 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The way I see this card producing gimmick is a extended wire card holder. It clips on the third finger flange. Wire runs along the third finger to a flat or oval circle that incloses the cards about 2/3 fo the way up. The cards actually hide behind the wrist portion. It has angle problems, thus the creative editing on the show. Being the camera cuts away so much during his act. I must say, that if seen live, we would not be discussing this thing at all.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Quote:
On 2004-05-31 15:35, Philipp Kandt wrote:
I'm sorry to say that indeed you are wrong. Peter uses two different ways to spread his hands during his manipulation act.

Philipp;

Just who are you referring to when you said, "... indeed you are wrong."? And yes, your comments did help out.

Thanks,
- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Troy ,

I am referring to dsilverfield . He said :

"I think it is simply a regular card appear gimmick modified to work in Black art lighting. I could be wrong."

Philipp
Magixspinx
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magixspinx
I have made the gimmick at home.
It is not that easy. The point is not how to make a card appear opening the hand.... the problem is making 4 or 5 cards appear, because when the gimmick goes to the bak it takes all the cards except the one "produced".

Just think outside the box... it is really easy (the method) but took 3 hours to be made.
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
My previous post which was supposed to be between that of Phillip Kandt and Magic hands is gone. Just vanished. Wonder why?
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Well has anyone found anything further on this "Spider Gimmick" for cards? I went to the site suggested by bry1513 but found nothing on Spider Gimmick within their search feature. I also checked out their books on or by T. Nelson Downs and found no reference to this "Spider Gimmick".

I'm at a loss here and only assume it's some sort of a card catcher. I don't use catchers for my card manipulation but was still interested in knowing what this thing is.
supbtsup
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of supbtsup
Well I found what a chinese site is saying marvey uses. Almost exactly what Bill describes. Here Goes.
http://shop.eyunedu.com/images/upload/Im......x310.jpg

Click here to view attached image.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22041 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Great find, but the finger ring is all wrong to work in a routine. The mystery has been discovered, and now this can be laid to rest.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic

Card spider is something I have been improving for years. Comparing to that Chinese crap this is a Rolls Royce. It can produce single cards, a card fan, vanish a card or a fan and it uses no black art.

https://youtu.be/9WAx4cbXkDg
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Signet
The spider is referenced in Henry Hay's Amateur Magician's Handbook. It's listed in the section on unusual gimmicks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Would like some info on the spider gimmick (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL