The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Suicide » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..18~19~20 [Next]
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I don't believe it for a minute.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I understand why you would say that Landmark, but I can also see this man looking at his future and falling into despair.

I have heard that Suicide is the cowards way out.
I have heard that Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I have known personally two people who took their own life. One was looking at a life filled with nothing but intense physical pain and medicine was not helping. I think of that as more of a self-euthanasia.
The other was clinically depressed.

So what kind of future was he looking at? Incarcerated in bad conditions in a situation where other inmates don't respect him on any level. Daily hell.

So you might be right. It may have been a staged suicide, but it could have been real too.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
The question is how he could have the means to hang himself whilst under suicide watch.

Seems unlikely.
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
433 Posts

Profile of Alan M
I’d read he was on suicide watch since that incident in July when he was found with injuries in his cell.
If that’s true, then it certainly does make one wonder how this could have happened.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Many big-shot associates breathing a sigh of relief. Wonder which one of them arranged it?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Suicide watch in prison often amounts to just that. (Watching a suicide.)

Hanging is a process. An involved process that takes quite a bit of time on both sides. The prep work is time consuming, but in a situation like prison you don't die by an instant snapping of the neck. It takes a while.

When under a watch it seems strange that one could accomplish all these things.

I am no conspiracy theory guy, that is certain. But this does allow for at least am investigation I should imagine.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
The only suicide scenario I can imagine is if he managed to pay off people to look the other way while he planned and committed suicide. But I don't think that's the most likely scenario.

I was curious to read what folks here with a law enforcement background thought about the likelihood of suicide in such a situation. I know Danny has such a background. Anyone else with an LE background who has an opinion on this?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To be clear I did not say it was a murder, or bribery or anything of the sort.

I will say at the very least someone on the "watch" was asleep at the wheel. OR we do not know enough of the facts to make an accurate determination of how he did it mechanically. As I said an investigation is something that definitely SHOULD happen.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
433 Posts

Profile of Alan M
CNN is now reporting "He was put on suicide watch in July, but was taken off days later".

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/10/us/jeffre......dex.html
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Naturally because of course things got so much better for him.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
The victims are complaining because they wanted to try him.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
A lot of people wanted him in the justice system.

Also a lot didn't.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Fatal Autoerotic Asphyxiation?
....just a thought.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
"The following account is from a former inmate of the Metropolitan Correction Center in lower Manhattan, where Jeffrey Epstein was found unresponsive Saturday, and declared dead at a hospital of an apparent suicide. The ex-convict, who spoke to The Post’s Brad Hamilton and Bruce Golding on the condition of anonymity, spent several months in the 9 South special housing unit for high-profile prisoners awaiting trial — like Epstein."

https://nypost.com/2019/08/10/former-mcc......himself/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Lots of wonderful speculation by an anonymous source of course.

With just what he described I can think of a few ways to kill oneself. Plus the guy is uninformed because wasn't he taken off suicide watch?

It is sad mere speculations pass as news worthy these days. I guess that is the time we live in though.

I wish all the armchair experts would let an investigation finish just once before offering ridiculous theories to try to be the smartest guy in the room. (Not you balducci, all you did was post a link. No harm there.)

But it is sad that eventually all this nonsense is going to become fact to some. The way some still believe nonsense from long ago. When the facts come out everyone will counter with urban legend. Again a sign of the times we live in I fear.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Let's presume this was not a negotiation process gone bad. So, what made this last week different from the others in this process? That's a backtracking question. What related matters seem to have been resolved?

For some reason RED and RED2 are on sy-fy this weekend repeated at least three times. If you truly must look into the dark places where such happens; look at the character connections. Also the implied moral boundaries. The scenes where meet Jet Li in 2 and the local guy in 1 come to mind.

It looks like much of the context has not been discussed on the news. I'd prefer not to consider or discuss the Warren Ellis comics RED or Transmetropolitan (see The Beast and his monologue interview). Those are just one possible context.

I am so not going to ask about the Lolita Express or the other obvious questions about his social network. This last week has been interesting elsewhere including HK, J&K, and Fed interest rates.

*As usual on serious topics, a comic distractor conclusion: # MeeToo meets # RichLivesMatter?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
. . . Jet Li in 2 . . . .

Perhaps you mean Byung-Hun Lee?

Jet Li wasn't in either movie.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2019, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
. . . Jet Li in 2 . . . .

Perhaps you mean Byung-Hun Lee?

Jet Li wasn't in either movie.

You are correct. Fine distraction too. Smile The word "Me" in the hashtag was also misspelled. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
First of all IF it was organized. Why can't we work with facts?

Second of all if it was indeed organized who else but those implicated with a lot to lose would bother? Not really a shocking out on a limb position to take.

Lastly the list of those implicated would be quite long and be more red and blue than most of us would want to believe.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
The problematic circumstances of this apparent suicide makes one wonder how many bad apples are still lurking in the FBI, DOJ, law enforcement, etc.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Suicide » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (27 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL