The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Android Remote (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Any good RF remotes for Android out there. I just need the remote. I have a system that uses a Bluetooth remote and looking to replace it with RF.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I know Bluetooth is RF but lookig for something with a longer range. Like the iJet for android. What ever happened to that. It just went away. I is still listed on the BuyiJet site, but when you click on it, it's not there.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22009 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Many of these small one product manufacturers are listing on Amazon now. I just checked and they have the Ijet listed.

I is for Iphone.

Android models they were selling had a lot of problems according to the comments in this forum.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of TomB
Have you looked into a RTL-SDR (software defined radio) dongle, then connect it to the USB port of your phone with a micro USB otg (on the go) cable, then use an android app. Of course, your phone has to supply enough power on the usb. RF analyzer is the android app to see you are sending out a wave.

If you are not stuck on Android, and just want a RF controller, you can look at Frightprops.com
Then, you can even use a pressure mat as your trigger or your key fob without your phone at all.

Alternatively, you might be able to stick with bluetooth. Older bluetooth just worked up to around 30 ft. Newer bluetooth (4.2) works to about 200 ft. Or you can get a bluetooth repeater to increase range to 1000 ft.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Android Remote (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL