The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Looking for recommendation on Dove Frame (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
734 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I'm looking for a recommendation on a Dove Frame. I have been using an older imported model I don't recall the builder but it is finally falling apart, I did get my money's worth.
Tora offers one but I don't know the quality of their stuff, likewise there seems to be several models in the below $100 range I don't know the quality of.
I need something which will work correctly and last for at least a season of work, any of your experiences with current offerings will be helpful.
Also if you know a custom build who does Dove props let me know.

Thanks
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21783 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This question has been asked previously, use the search engine on the Café and enter Dove Frame, you will find several referrals.

I don't know of any prop maker that does custom work, they all like to use their own knowledge and experience. If you need something custom, find a good cabinet maker or wood worker. He will still use his methods, but possibly make the adjustments you need.

Advice, you get what you pay for, if you want something to last, the cheapest will not hold up. I assume you mean by a season of work, you are getting paid. So does the manufacturer of magic props he builds.

I noted when I found those other references, that the Lipan Dove Frame was referenced. Tora's props are not the traditional way of making magic props, they use methods, that may not work as well.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Looking for recommendation on Dove Frame (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL