The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Acrobatic silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

coolleprechaun
View Profile
Regular user
Winnipeg, Manitoba
108 Posts

Profile of coolleprechaun
Recently in a show I performed acrobatic silks and afterwards let an audience member examine it and the guy says" I know how you did it" and revealed it in front of everybody. So I'm wondering should I still hand it out for examination or not?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22243 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That is totally up to you. Personnally, I pack up and go to my next show.

If he ask, if he could go thru all your stuff, would you let them.

I suggest you re-read the instructions as you may not be setting up the trick properly.

For the record, I do the trick at every show. I have never had any one ask to examine any of my equipment. Nor would I every offer such a thing. I spent good money for my equipment and if they destroy it, I would be out more then the amount I made on one show.

People have ask me how did I do a trick. There is a string on that topic on the Café. No, I do not tell magic secrets.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Why hand it out? Musicians don't pass their instruments around. Race car drivers don't invite the fans to take the car for a spin. I was a rodeo cowboy. No one ever asked to ride the bull or bronc next. Our roles are different from those of an audience member.

It is your show. Your role will change at theirs.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
The only time I would "ever" hand anything out would be if handing the item out was important for the maximum impact of the trick. For example, with the flexible mirror, I have casually handed the glass to a spectator while holding up the frame. The most suspicion is on the glass being soft. By handing out the mirror, before they see the trick, this shoots down that thought prior to performance. After cut and restored rope I toss the rope to the helper. Something like acrobatic silks, I can see no reason to hand it out and many reasons not too....they may putter with it and figure it out. It is not really all that complicated. Especially if the silks get kind of snagged where they are tucked, as mine were. Frankly, I replaced this with Kovari's Codology, which I think has many more possibilities with a similar method.
quack
Midwestmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Bartlett Tn
110 Posts

Profile of Midwestmagic
I agree I have done acrobatic silks for years and never handed it out!
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I never hand out props. One time I threw out the balls for Stratopheres and the kids started throwing the balls all over the place. Never again.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2004-06-25 23:40, Darkwing wrote:
I never hand out props. One time I through out the balls for Stratopheres and the kids started throwing the balls all over the place. Never again.

My Friend,

I think about this every time I go into or near a McDonalds. Did you plant a seed!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Bob, I meant to say threw. Boy did I have a brain freeze that night.

David
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
David,

You must be a magician. "Threw" it is!

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Thanks Bob, you are always there with the right thing to say.

Back to the subject, does anyone still perform this trick? I used to all the time, but never really got the response from this effect. Maybe it's the magician and not the trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Acrobatic silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL