The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » UF Grant's Sack X Help (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
473 Posts

Profile of reynold
Hello,

I bought a Sack X from a friend over 20 years ago. Now that I finally will get to use it for a subtrunk, I cant find the instructions and I lost contact with my friend.
Anybody has the instructions for this?

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3084 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki wrote up instructions for making and performing his "Great Big Bag Escape" in 2010. It was based on many different historical bag escapes: Houdini's Paper Bag escape, Fu-Manchu's Phantom Bag Illusion, U.F. Grant's 1966 Sack-X and my own 1970 Sack Illusion, all of which are described in his e-Book, which ends with his own Big Bag Escape. You might want to take a look at the video linked to his page here: https://www.magicnook.com/Qua-FikiCorner......cape.htm to see if it's worth getting his e-Book for the Sack-X information, or if you want to make up Qua-Fiki's Big Bag Escape from scratch. You COULD convert your Sack-X to a Big Bag, but I don't recommend it... the Sack-X material is too easily torn, especially if it is one of the old ones. You should start fresh with some good strong modern-day material from the fabric store.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2248 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Lol... I have never seen one of Jim's posts where he didn't link to something for sale! I will say that the standard Sack X is a little small for most people. I've done it in many iterations for many years, but can't discuss it in a public area. Please Message me for more details.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2219 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Just invert the sack to prove it is ordinary,for subrtrunk, really no need for Sack X, just a bottomless sack will do.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
473 Posts

Profile of reynold
Jim: I will check into that. Thanks

Ray: I will PM you.

Lou: Yes, but when you invert the sack and put it back straight again its very discrepant. I think Im doing something wrong.
Let's give the audience some credit. Using a bottomless sack is an obvious solution to the lay audience.
Take a look at all the comments from every subtrunk video on youtube and you will agree.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3084 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2019, Ray Pierce wrote:
Lol... I have never seen one of Jim's posts where he didn't link to something for sale!

Many posters write posts without sources, without proof, without any way to know if they are qualified to discuss the subject. I only post on subjects about which I have some knowledge or experience and can prove it by mentioning and linking to my sources, almost all of which are in e-Book publications sold on The Magic Nook. There is no pressure to buy, but if you check my sources, you will also find that they are linked to videos and other resources that may be helpful. Do you really believe that I am getting wealthy at $5 per e-Book? No need to be jealous, I assure you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » UF Grant's Sack X Help (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL