The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » What is the best book on sports gambling? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Looking for opinion on well known or little known books. Thanks
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Https://www.gamblingsitesonline.org/spor......betting/

I don't think I have ever read one. Well, I have read a few on horse racing and bookmaking.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Do a Google search. There are quite a few books on the subject.

Can't help you on rating the good, the bad and the ugly.

Might be a good learning experience to read several books and figure that out for yourself. Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Bookmakers get a lot of information from who is betting what. Some bookies give limited free betting accounts to sportsmen. If a footballer bets against his own team then it is a good bet the opposition will win.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2019, Cagliostro wrote:
Do a Google search. There are quite a few books on the subject.

Can't help you on rating the good, the bad and the ugly.

Might be a good learning experience to read several books and figure that out for yourself. Smile

I did do a thorough google search and have a number of books I have ordered. I was hoping to hear first hand from indivduals their thoughts. thanks
bcstoner
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of bcstoner
There are absolutely positively ZERO sports gambling books that will give you an advantage, edge, help you win, make you better, teach you a foolproof strategy, etc etc. They simply do not exist. You know why? Because anyone who knows any thing like that doesn't need to sell books to make money. And they definitely don't want the world to know so everyone else can jump on and ruin it for themselves.

So just remember that when you hear a commercial about someone selling their picks to help you or see some strategy book. They are selling their picks because there are fools that will buy them and the same goes for any strategy book.
jimbo
View Profile
New user
Jimbo
12 Posts

Profile of jimbo
I can highly recommend The Logic of Sports Betting by Ed Miller.

https://www.amazon.com/Logic-Sports-Bett......7RG6H8C2
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
The Book On Bookies: An Inside Look At A Successful Sports Gambling Operation
By:James Jeffries

If you have ever wondered why the bookie always wins and you always lose, or how your bookie adjusts point spreads and in which direction, The Book on Bookies is for you. In it, you'll find all the answers you need to come out a winner, no matter what you bet on - football, baseball, horse racing, boxing, golf or any other sport. Go behind the scenes with J.J. to see how a professional sports book is set up and run. Find out all about...
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
The Art of Bookmaking: How to Compile Odds for Any Sporting Event
By:Malcolm Boyle

The Art of Bookmaking explains how "Turf Accountants" approach any potential betting scenario, and the simple mathematics that govern transactions. From a detailed look at percentages through to frame betting in snooker, it shows you how to "price up" any sporting event in the calendar. And it will show you how the Odds Compilers create prices for tournament betting, such as the World Cup, US Open Golf Championship, and Wimbledon, and...
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Biff had a good one in Back to the Future.

<sorry>
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Art of Legging: The History Theory and Practice of Bookmaking on the English Turf

C. Sidney

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, brehaut wrote:
Looking for opinion on well known or little known books. Thanks

"College Investing in Basketball," by Larry Seidel
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Sharp sports betting by Stanford Wong and one that is a little more advanced is Conquering risk by Elihu Feustel. Another good one is Weighing the odds by King Yao
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » What is the best book on sports gambling? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL