The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » World's Greatest Magic 6? and favorite WGM moment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
linkinparkfan
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, Arizona
14 Posts

Profile of linkinparkfan
I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be another World's Greatest Magic.
If there is I want to find out when because I would like to get tickets.

Personally my two favorite WGM moments are when Lance Burton did the "Changing into the bad guy trick", I liked how he used the storyline, very original. I also like the one where Lance went threw the car shredder.
What are Your favorites?

So, Will there be another?, Should there be another?, and What were the best moments on the shows up to now? Smile Smile
"Magic is like the water after a race, it is both necessary and refreshing" - Anthony (me)lpxtremefan@linkinpark.com
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Personally, I don't think there will be another one. I really wish there would be. But I think the public may be a little tired of the worlds greatest magic. It is replayed on cable every month at least a few times. Maybe I am wrong. I dont know. How am I to know the public's opinion? Anyway, I think the best one was the very first one honestly. Smile It was original. The others that followed relied too heavily on stage magic and corny segments. The magic was great. Just a little too much of the same thing over and over. Smile
Brian
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Hard to say but since the executive producer recently passed away, probably not.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
I doubt there will be another one, but who knows. Taking nothing away from the performers on specials 3-5 since they are the worlds greatest, and I loved seeing some of the routines but I think the hosting went downhill after WGM2. Then again it might just be me.

As far as the favorite moments go, I'd have to say that I loved watching Tom Mullica, Bill Malone, David Williamson, Paul Gertner, Carl Cloutier, Bob Arno (did I spell that right lol) These are just the ones that come to mind from the series, perhaps I'll watch the specials over again and add some more, but these are the ones that are still fresh without re-watching the tapes.
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
It's a sad goodbye to seeing that show every night before Thanksgiving . . .
Man, I wish I could see number five again. It had Michael Ammar on it, if I remember right. I think that's the only one I never taped. My favorite guys were Topas, Jeff McBride, Jean Pierre Ballerino, and Max Maven... and that's leaving out some favorites, but those are my top four...
I always wondered why David Copperfield was never on those. That would really draw ratings...
billhart22
View Profile
New user
Colorado
29 Posts

Profile of billhart22
I agree with Brian - Same old stuff.....It seems to me that they are all based on the same premises, however, remember, lay people eat it up!
If they saw some of the newest magic on T.V., they would be blown away.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
My favorite WGM performance was McBride's Card and Mask routine (even if he did flash.) I still watch it often.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Supriemer
View Profile
New user
South Bend, IN
50 Posts

Profile of Supriemer
I really liked the Worlds Greatest Magic, but I have given up hope on seeing one anytime soon. I have to agree with Rob, McBride's routine was great.
"Kristopher Supriemer"

"Good things come to those who wait...but only what's left by those who hustle."
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
I agree with Rob...Jeff McBride's manipulation routine was my favorite. I also like the other manipulative performers -- Topas, Jason Byrne, Dimmare etc etc.

-Corey
Corey King
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
let me throw in Greg Frewin to my list of favs. Smile Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
JBmagic
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
110 Posts

Profile of JBmagic
May I toss my vote for David Williamson?
He cracks me up....
Jay Buchanan
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Hands down the best presentation of all was Galina's first apperance. The best floating ball routine I have ever seen. I was fortunate enought to see it live a couple of years latter when she toured with Circus Ingenieux
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
I called and spoke with someone about another and they said the contract with NBC was for five years and when the five years were up NBC didn't want to renew the contract. They are looking for a new station to help make new worlds greatest magic. They also said they have had thousands of people call and ask why they haven’t made any more. (The world wants more)
That is what I was told.
Hope they do make more!!!! : Dancing:

hope they do make more!!!! Smile
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
magicalan
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of magicalan
I really liked the WGM, but they played over and over again, so I think the public got tired of it.
-Alan
mattneufeld
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mattneufeld
Personally, I don't have any inside knowledge about the series, but from the perspective of an average, everyday amateur magician who knows many lay folks who've watched these specials, and from reading about them in the media, I know that the specials have been well-received, well-watched and, overall, well-respected and well-liked. So I hope some new producer and some new network can come to their senses and get the series rolling again. I know magicians and the public would love to see more. It can only help magic and can only entertain the public.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Probably the biggest reason there wouldn't be a number 6 is the death of Gary Ouellet who produced the other 5
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
Well they probally wont have another WGM, but anyways, my favorite WGM trick was when peter marvey did card manipulations where you can look through his hands and see nothing.

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
I enjoyed Bill Malone's performancxe of 654 club. I really liked Peter Marvey, but not as much as Jeff Mcbride. Man, there's alot of cool stuff in those special(except for mac king.....he disturbs me).

Jakks
andrély
View Profile
New user
Brasil/Portugal
40 Posts

Profile of andrély
Dove performers -- Jason Byrne, Dimmare,Greg Frewin and Joanatham David Bass.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Unfortunately, Max Maven's work on those were the 'home-interactive' routines, which do not reflect his full talent and impact.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » World's Greatest Magic 6? and favorite WGM moment (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL