The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » ReaList - ULTIMATE predictions, on ONE borrowed phone! (122 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..19~20~21 [Next]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you Michael,

And also thank you for your contributions on the ReaList Facebook group.

Happy Holidays,
Greg Rostami
Juno-How
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Is it right that none of the menu function/buttons at the top of the stats page work? Bit fishy if so..
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2019, Greg Rostami wrote:
ReaList was just reviewed on The Wizard Product Review.

A big thanks to David Penn, Wayne Fox, and Sean.

Click the link below to go directly to the ReaList review:
https://youtu.be/eWcGskPnlsk?t=1068

G Ro

In this YouTube link demo the gentlemen on the right held his locked phone during the performance. He then dropped it out of site. Then back up. The description says no swiping etc. did he just do this without thinking ?

Thanks
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Why does it state you can do this within 5 minutes but many say they need to practice before being able to pull it off. Is it 100% or is there room for error?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I do have trouble swiping consistently I must admit . However my screen is cracked slightly so that doesn’t help
the touch screen me thinks .
However I still think it takes a bit of getting down Gaz 🙂
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Oh so in the description when it says NO POCKET SWIPING it doesn’t mean no swiping just no POCKET swiping. I get it. But still swiping.
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
While there is some swiping, it's on their phone and in a completely justified manner that makes sense and draws no suspicion to it. If you're worried about swiping, then this is something you probably don't want.

As for practice, it depends on the device you are using. I feel more practice is necessary with different phone types as the sensitivity is not the same on all phones. You can learn the method easily in 5 minutes, but each phone has some differences that I personally feel more practice is needed. Of course, to get the practice on different phones, you will need to perform it for others unless you work for a cell phone company and can try them out there.
mpilkey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of mpilkey
For anyone on the fence about this, just get it. I promise you, it will make your magic 10x stronger. I watched greg do this over and over at magifest. It always kills!
SIRIously Mental available from me directly

Mike@chattanoogamagic.com
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Well I have had this for months now, and my verdict is....

Very VERY disappointing.

It just doesn't work consistently enough. There's a swipe you have to do at the start to "launch" it, and it's far FAR too inconsistent. After a lot of practice I can get it maybe one in three times?

Worse, there's a tiny indicator on the screen that tells you whether or not you have been successful. Owners of the app will know what I mean. Now when I say "tiny"...jeez. I'm 57, my eyesight is imperfect: I wear glasses. But that's it. I can see fine with my specs on. But I have to REALLY strain to see the indicator.

All of which means this app gets a big fat zero from me.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I agree with you - with one difference Smile : The app is well thought out, but needs major improvements here. It is possible, of course, and as far as I know this will come soon. So wait, I think you will be satisfied by then... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
DFB still for me. I own both.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I am with you, at least for the moment... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I hope you're right, Jan. I've been using SvenPads for the force I need so far. 100% reliable. But I'm adding another effect further down my show which uses a similar principle, so the SvenPads are gonna have to go (sorry Brett - they're great!)

Might have to get DFB.
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2020, Ross W wrote:
I hope you're right, Jan. I've been using SvenPads for the force I need so far. 100% reliable. But I'm adding another effect further down my show which uses a similar principle, so the SvenPads are gonna have to go (sorry Brett - they're great!)

Might have to get DFB.

Hey, use the tools that work BEST! Lots of ways to build a house.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
IMHO, DFB is better.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami

Quote:
On Jan 11, 2020, Juno-How wrote:
Is it right that none of the menu function/buttons at the top of the stats page work? Bit fishy if so..

In all of my performances of ReaList, this has never been an issue.
I've never had someone after my performance tell me the buttons on the screen don't work.

But since we're always striving for perfection, in the next version of ReaList, all the buttons on the screen will have functions.

Quote:
On Jan 19, 2020, John C wrote:
In this YouTube link demo the gentlemen on the right held his locked phone during the performance. He then dropped it out of site. Then back up. The description says no swiping etc. did he just do this without thinking ?
Thanks

You can perform ReaList with or without your phone. In that particular performance, Dave was using the method which required his phone.

Quote:
Oh so in the description when it says NO POCKET SWIPING it doesn’t mean no swiping just no POCKET swiping. I get it. But still swiping.

When you use the method that does not use the magician's phone, you are simply scrolling down the page ... the action of scrolling down the page is motivated since you must scroll down to their number.
So, I wouldn't call it "swiping", I call it "scrolling".

Quote:

Very VERY disappointing.

It just doesn't work consistently enough. There's a swipe you have to do at the start to "launch" it, and it's far FAR too inconsistent. After a lot of practice I can get it maybe one in three times?

Worse, there's a tiny indicator on the screen that tells you whether or not you have been successful. Owners of the app will know what I mean. Now when I say "tiny"...jeez. I'm 57, my eyesight is imperfect: I wear glasses. But that's it. I can see fine with my specs on. But I have to REALLY strain to see the indicator.

The "move" that you are referring to can either be a diagonal swipe, or a simple tap in the lower right/left corners of the screen.
Many users have found the tapping to be more reliable.

The reason why the tap isn't the default is because there's no motivation for you to tap one of the corners.
In contrast, scrolling down the page (with the diagonal swipe) IS motivated since you must scroll down the page to their number.

Regarding the indicator ... if we had made the indicator bigger, then people would have complained that it's too big.
If the "." isn't enough of an indicator, if you look at number in the lower right, when you "unlock" you'll see the thousands and the tens place change to "0"s (zeros).
This is a MUCH bigger indicator that will help you.

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2020, saysold1 wrote:

Earlier on this thread, I've discussed how the idea and the method in ReaList predates DFB.
Use whatever you're comfortable with.

With ReaList:
- You perform on the spectator's phone - you have NOTHING (your phone is dead)!
- You can force both an item and a number at the same time (organically forcing two things at once has MANY applications).
- You can perform without touching their phone ... even if you're on the phone/text/Facetime.
- An online stats list is a very organic place where someone would find a numbered list of things (movies, actors, etc).

In Blackpool, we'll be making a GAME-CHANGING announcement about the integration of ReaList and Inject.

SUPER excited,
Greg Rostami
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If this ends up working perfectly with Greg’s updates which I believe it will then it has to top DFB as you don’t use your phone it’s out of play .
I have both this and DFB and DFB is great and works better than this and is super simple . This however has so much more to offer though when it gets the wrinkles ironed out imo Gaz 🙂
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Agreed. DFB for me until remote option is added.
Want to use the remote I have for Inject with this.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2020, Greg Rostami wrote:

Quote:
On Jan 11, 2020, Juno-How wrote:

In all of my performances of ReaList, this has never been an issue.
I've never had someone after my performance tell me the buttons on the screen don't work.

But since we're always striving for perfection, in the next version of ReaList, all the buttons on the screen will have functions.

Quote:
Thanks

You can perform ReaList with or without your phone. In that particular performance, Dave was using the method which required his phone.

Quote:

When you use the method that does not use the magician's phone, you are simply scrolling down the page ... the action of scrolling down the page is motivated since you must scroll down to their number.
So, I wouldn't call it "swiping", I call it "scrolling".

Quote:

Very VERY disappointing.

The "move" that you are referring to can either be a diagonal swipe, or a simple tap in the lower right/left corners of the screen.
Many users have found the tapping to be more reliable.

The reason why the tap isn't the default is because there's no motivation for you to tap one of the corners.
In contrast, scrolling down the page (with the diagonal swipe) IS motivated since you must scroll down the page to their number.

Regarding the indicator ... if we had made the indicator bigger, then people would have complained that it's too big.
If the "." isn't enough of an indicator, if you look at number in the lower right, when you "unlock" you'll see the thousands and the tens place change to "0"s (zeros).
This is a MUCH bigger indicator that will help you.

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2020, saysold1 wrote:

Earlier on this thread, I've discussed how the idea and the method in ReaList predates DFB.
Use whatever you're comfortable with.

With ReaList:
- You perform on the spectator's phone - you have NOTHING (your phone is dead)!
- You can force both an item and a number at the same time (organically forcing two things at once has MANY applications).
- You can perform without touching their phone ... even if you're on the phone/text/Facetime.
- An online stats list is a very organic place where someone would find a numbered list of things (movies, actors, etc).

In Blackpool, we'll be making a GAME-CHANGING announcement about the integration of ReaList and Inject.

SUPER excited,
Greg Rostami

If only more creators responded to their customers as frankly and helpfully as this. Thanks Greg: I'll give it another go.

Ross
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Two announcments ...

We fixed the "." issue being too small in ReaList.
Now, the speech icon in the upper right hand of the screen changes (see attached video).

Second announcments ...

ReaList and Inject are soon going to be MARRIED!

For those of you who are familiar with ReaList, you know that the hands-off pairing method is AMAZING!

Now, you can pair with your Inject account without touching your spectator's phone using ReaList.

We will be rolling out this feature to everyone in the next few weeks.

all the best,
Greg

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » ReaList - ULTIMATE predictions, on ONE borrowed phone! (122 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..19~20~21 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL