The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lucid Dream by Jason Yu (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:
Magic Review - Lucid Dream by Jason Yu (oh and BTW I put in a picture of what is required to build said gimmick) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFZBnTOIW-E

Great review David and very detailed....
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:
Magic Review - Lucid Dream by Jason Yu (oh and BTW I put in a picture of what is required to build said gimmick) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFZBnTOIW-E

As always David, Great job on the review.
I understand you can't be 100% honest on these reviews since you get them for free. But I do appreciate how you danced around it and was honest in saying this is best for social media and dark places.

Will you perform this?
And did you actually build it and use it?
If yes, what was the reactions you got?

This would help make your reviews even better.
Again,
you do an awesome job. But it seems you are getting sent WAY too much stuff and you're having to crank these reviews out way faster than needed.

I hope I don't come off as a jerk. Not my intention.

I remember Jamie Grant would refuse to talk bad about any product. Which is an AWESOME approach and I respected that very much. So.... whenever he received or bought a product that he would not recommend. he wouldn't review it.

Just some thoughts...

And NO way I would buy this.
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
I believe 100% of what David says is honest. But he doesn’t necessarily say 100% of what he thinks!
I too would LOVE to see David and other reviewers actually demonstrate their attempts at building /working the products they are reviewing. Seeing a real life demo/ attempt is 10000000 times more useful than watching a slickly edited vendor’s video.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
If you search youtube, there is a live performance of this effect. The SansMind rep aside for a moment, I think this actually looks just as advertised. I don't see myself using this as a standalone effect, but a cool way to bring an item into play for an effect.
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Seeing a live performance on YouTube does nothing the address the issues of how easy it is to construct the gimmick, how easy it is to practice and get good enough to perform... These are the things a good reviewer could add real value to. Not just saying “it is quite easy/hard” but actually showing us their results. Just a thought.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2019, AndrewI wrote:
I believe 100% of what David says is honest. But he doesn’t necessarily say 100% of what he thinks!
I too would LOVE to see David and other reviewers actually demonstrate their attempts at building /working the products they are reviewing. Seeing a real life demo/ attempt is 10000000 times more useful than watching a slickly edited vendor’s video.

That’s a better way of saying it for sure. I should have said it that way. I agree 100% that he’s honest. I trust him fully.
I’ve watched and greatly appreciated David’s reviews for a long time. He’s awesome!

I’m very thankful for what he’s doing for magic.

So,
I apologize for my poor choice of wording.

This effect would also be a great effect for a demo website.
Or on Halloween night. Where it’s dark.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lucid Dream by Jason Yu (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL