The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PURE (CAAN) by Adrian Fowell (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Hi guys, I've been messing with this in its current guise for over three years now and plan to release it this Friday, August 23rd as an Instant Download. I can Skype the effect if you wish to see it live but a demo of the main handling will be up on Friday (what's written below in both Effect and Blurb is completely true, as always)

It'll be available from https://qmagi.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpure

What Happens

You give a cased deck of cards to the spectator and write the name of a playing card on the back of your business card, a piece of index card, whatever.

It's placed prediction face-down to one side.

The spectator names a number of their choice, removes the cards from the case and checks them out.

They deal the cards directly to their number in a face-up pile and the card arrived at is placed aside. You never touch the cards.

With genuinely empty hands, the prediction is revealed...

...and it matches perfectly.

Blurb

Self-working
    No forces (number 5-45)
    No sleights
    Deck can be handled freely by the spectator
    No unnecessary counting of cards - cards are dealt through once only and every card is dealt face-up
    No switches - only one prediction and selected card in play
    You never touch or come near to the cards at any time after you give the spectator the closed, cased, deck - and only then do they name a number
    Bonus 'borrowed deck' handlings included for which any complete deck can be used - it's still self-working, but you'll need a moment to get ready
    No memory work (outside of learning the method, obviously) or maths
    No mis-indexed cards, rough and smooth, gaffed cases etc
    Perform surrounded
    Quick reset
    Minimal Arts & Crafts with no skill required (20 minutes or so)

Please note that at this time, the effect can be performed in the English language ONLY

------

There are a number of review copies available. PM please if you've not had one for a while and fancy a gander and I will email them to you Friday. All I ask for is that you're firstly, a member in good standing and secondly, provide a fair and honest review in return, positive or negative.

Any questions shoot me an email at adrian@qmagi.com, send me a PM or ask in this thread.

Best,
Adrian
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
Hej Adrian
Really interesting but would be nice to se a video....
I think would make your products more successful!
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Video Friday mate, but it plays as cleanly it says.
imacmagic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of imacmagic
I would be happy to do a review of a review copy
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Sounds great, definitely look forward to checking it out.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
Sounds interesting. Looking forward to finding out more.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I know Adrien has done a lot of thinking on the ACAAN/CAAN plot, so I bet it's good. The 'English only' part has me very puzzled though!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Very quick demo below (with some nice music from FFXII), which probably leaves more questions than it answers. The prediction dips out of frame for a sec, but that's just my crap video skills - genuinely nothing happens off camera.

As an aside, all review copies have been allocated. Thanks for the overwhelming interest and apologies if you missed the cut off!

Best,

Adrian
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Hi all

This is now available from https://qmagi.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpure-caan and review copies have been sent. Check your spam folders if you don't receive it.

It will also be available from Penguin in a few days.

Have a good weekend

Adrian
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
Thanx for the review copy Adrian ....
If will be 50% as good as you choose wisely (my favorite) will be a killer.
Will post a review as soon I can check the video.

Regards
paranormal
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of paranormal
Mine arrived and I am pretty impressed. this is different than other versions I have seen in the main part. will post a more detailed review in a day or two once I have had time to make it.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
If I understood correctly, I could not perform this because I am french ? Does it involve spelling then ? How come a CAAN be language dependent ?

I love the effect, but can I buy it ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2019, doriancaudal wrote:
If I understood correctly, I could not perform this because I am french ? Does it involve spelling then ? How come a CAAN be language dependent ?

I guess it might have to do with the prediction...
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2019, doriancaudal wrote:

You can probably adapt it to French, but it won't be the same. I can do it in Spanish, but again, it's not the same as what is on sale. I've sent you a PM, but at the moment it's recommended that you're performing in English.

Adrian
dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of dscanning
I have been doing card magic for 40+ years, and familiar with just about every ACAAN and CAAN handling and method out there. This is now my favorite CAAN.
There are two distinct components that Adrian brings to the table here. First is the prediction itself. Adrian has added an extra dimension to an old chestnut, and given it new life. I like what he has come up with and will definitely use it.
The second improvement which I really love is the method that Adrian has come up with which allows the spectator to deal the cards. And yes, the spectator can remove the cards from the box, and/or the deck can be out of the box and on the table before the spectator announces his number. You do need to tell the spectator to choose a number between 5 and 45, but that can be easily justified or sloughed off. But I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am with the fairness, and direct nature that the spectator just picks up the deck and deals to the force card. There is a tiny bit of memory necessary to remember two very straightforward rules, but no one will have any issues or problem locking in these two simple rules. This is the best solution I have seen with a CAAN or ACAAN premise. Even if you have a different or favorite prediction out or reveal for the prediction phase, you will definitely love the fairness of the dealing process by the spectator, and use this. The spectator ALWAYS deals the cards face UP every time. Magicians will appreciate the simplicity of the handling/method, and laymen will not have a clue. The deck cannot be used for any other effects, but I will always have this with me, because it is that good!
Highly recommended!
Doug Canning
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Thanks Doug, I'm pleased you like it.

I'm also going to do a better demo; it will be up later on today.
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
Didn’t try it out but this concept of a CAAN it’s different from anything I see before.
Requires a one time set up deck and the gimmicks looks absolutely innocent I don’t think anybody will notice them.
I will post an accurate review as soon as I try it but from the premises looks like a killer.
Good Job Adrian
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Https://youtu.be/c0WChl1K2mc

Slightly edited version of the demo to better protect the method. Don't know what happened to the previous post.
paranormal
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of paranormal
So here is my review

Ad copy acccuracy

Self-working true
No forces (number 5-45) true
No sleights true
Deck can be handled freely by the spectator true but the deck is not examinable
No unnecessary counting of cards - cards are dealt through once only and every card is dealt face-up true
No switches - only one prediction and selected card in play true
You never touch or come near to the cards at any time after you give the spectator the closed, cased, deck - and only then do they name a number true
Bonus 'borrowed deck' handlings included for which any complete deck can be used - it's still self-working, but you'll need a moment to get ready
No memory work (outside of learning the method, obviously) or maths true
No mis-indexed cards, rough and smooth, gaffed cases etc true
Perform surrounded true
Quick reset
Minimal Arts & Crafts with no skill required (20 minutes or so) it took me less then that

I think this is one of the best CAANs that I have seen it is easy to do and works 100% of the time.the spectator can deal face up and they can even take the cards out of the case 100% of the time. Highly reccomended

PROS

easy
very clean
the method is different than anything I have seen before
pretty much instant reset.

CONS

You can't use the deck for other tricks
I'm not sure what to use because I can't find his in the US

Rating 5/5 stars great trick with a great price
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I'll have to say, generally ACAAN or CAANs usually have some give and takes. I think this is more of an open prediction or PCAAN, predicted card at any number. Adrian has found a great center ground for a usable effect. I make the arts and crafts a 5 minute thing and happy with how it works. I discussed it with him. The only con is (as mentioned before) the deck can't be used in another effect. Well, it could for a couple seconds with your back turned. But strong enough for a closer or throw a non-card trick after to get rid of the deck. As for the force, no reason you couldn't give them 1-52. Also happy enough with this version that I haven't read the borrowed deck version yet. Also, there is some very minor memory work, if I can grasp it anyone can. Thumbs up Adrian.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PURE (CAAN) by Adrian Fowell (44 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL