The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » I got a Schoocraft g. flipper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Walking liberty.

Just wanted to gush about it a little... What an amazing piece of work!

The tolerances, edge milling, everything is so perfect. I literally cannot see the line even when looking up close. A fine piece of apparatus indeed.

Also, it shipped within a day or two of ordering, I apparently had good luck with timing and he had just finished a batch.

That is all. Highly recommended, I think this must be the best flipper that is currently on the market. Simply gorgeous.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Payner44
I have one, too, and agree!!
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I am glad for you, I have other gimmicks from Schoolcraft and I am happy with them. My WL Gravity flipper is the ones that comes with Triception, made by Bob Swadling, different thing but great quality as well.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Walking liberty.

Just wanted to gush about it a little... What an amazing piece of work!

The tolerances, edge milling, everything is so perfect. I literally cannot see the line even when looking up close. A fine piece of apparatus indeed.

Also, it shipped within a day or two of ordering, I apparently had good luck with timing and he had just finished a batch.

That is all. Highly recommended, I think this must be the best flipper that is currently on the market. Simply gorgeous.

Is he still using rubber bands or has he advanced to next gen materials?
Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
60 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
He no longer uses rubber bands. He uses a custom produced silicone band/string that has a very unique tension to it. It still works via gravity, but has a nice quick and tight action when it closes. I use Jamie’s oxf in barber’s and have always used his flippers since 2008. His old flippers can easily take the new style band he sells (and come stock in his products these days).
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Thanks, Dini

Good move on his part. That small change really helps in places like Florida, where rubber really doesn't last that long.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Oh it's not stretch magic? Interesting. I just ordered some stretch magic for my Lassen flipper, was going to give it a try on that. Couldn't confirm if the groove dimensions are the same on Schoolcraft vs Lassen dollar size flippers, else I would have definitely ordered one of Jaime's bands.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
LL, the stretch magic should work ok and will last forever. Only caveat is be sure you can tie the knot small enough to make it fit inside the tunnel and you will be alright
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Thank you. I have read great document from InigoMntoya several times. It really shouldn't be that hard, I'm just a little nervous as it's such a nice piece of work. Will report back, the elastic should be coming today.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
167 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
How much did this cost you?
Mike the Magician
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
$120, + shipping. About $128 total.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » I got a Schoocraft g. flipper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL