The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » When is a Performer/Creator's Name too Big to let them steal your methods? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2071 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
This is my question. You have performers that stand out in the community but have stolen or used your method/design without consent? I read a journal our late father wrote, entitled "The Wolf eating the Wolves."
The journal was dedicated to others using other people ideas, with not even so much as a credit to the originator.

Part of the journal explained that people would not back you up simply for the reason they don't want to end up on what dad called the DNS list. (Do Not Sell")

So I guess what I'm getting at is it really ok for big names to take your ideas and put them into use with no retribution?

I'm still fairly new to the retail rules in this sense so any help would be appreciated.

-MJJ
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26967 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Nobody is too big to make mistakes. News of such travels at the speed of light.
We wind up with very few Slippery Sam sets and many who discover it truly can be made cheaper overseas.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
top_illusionist
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Karma exists and will catch up sooner or later. Look at how the masked magician turned out.

Brianna Wildman (former Valentino's assistant) Excerpt from Mar 15, 2019 ..

Well, since I was his assistant for years, he did private shows and corporate gigs, Brazil and Japan shows several times, until he had a horrible accident in Las Vegas at his Warehouse. He fell over 20 ft from one of the props. It took himover a year to even walk again! Broken jaw, ribs ,arm ,his hip I believe and knee! It was actually miracle that he lived. He very well could have died, much less recover and then head on to Hollywood again to do another TV show. Behind the scenes really wasnt revealing the Magician's Secrets. Valentino was an engineer and he re invented the tricks. He did the same series of Tricks, but he did it his way, not the way The Magicians Code did it. We'll talk about the roomers, and scandal later, after I finish my book “Behind the Glitter.” He'll definitely be a part of it! He helped me make a lot of Dreams Come True. With his mother about to pass away any day, as well as the medication he had to be on because he was always in so much pain, to say the least, his life as well as his career, has definitely been challenged. With always being branded the bad guy, he made many things for me come true. I'm grateful that I've had the opportunity to know him. A good friend Ross and I miss who he was, I'm both wish you'd come back. It was just life changing for him after the accident. I don't think his head ever really got perfectly the same. He was slower, but it was lucky that he lived at all. He did another series of shows that wound up on Net Flix, then hit Brazil. The end of his story is “to be continued”…maybe I'll have a chance to see and talk to him again. The bad guy just might be a good person who made some choices that didn't turn out the way that he planned. Who knows? Well that's all I know so far.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » When is a Performer/Creator's Name too Big to let them steal your methods? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL