The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Thoughts and ideas on a Mene Tekel deck (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Nathan Kranzo's DVD called Mene Tekel Miracles is one of the best resources on the subject that I have seen.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2019, hypnoman1 wrote:
Nathan Kranzo's DVD called Mene Tekel Miracles is one of the best resources on the subject that I have seen.

I have to agree. Since (and somewhat before) starting this thread, I went thru a lot of sources that mostly led to more questions than answers - but that is probably because I like to overthink things sometimes Smile the Kranzo Download was/is spectacular in my opinion. That said, the ebook titled “The Self-Contained Card Delivery System” (Mene-Tekel Magic Maximized) by Shawn C. Evans was a steal for $19.95 at www.lybrary.com it answered almost every specific question I had like “top or bottom”? should I use R/S? ... go there and see the contents then buy the book. Honestly, that plus the Kranzo Download is a ton of great magic ....NOT including what you may come up with when you understand the different principles at play in these two sources.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Thanks for creating the thread. I enjoyed the Mens Tekel work by Kranzo. Now I will need to check out Multitude.
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
No problem, always happy when my search for knowledge helps others. I did not expect so much info but I too am glad I asked. Smile

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Anyone know if the multitude deck has routines that can be performed “stand up” without a table?
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
The Cardiologist Deck by Tomas Medina
If memory serves, this is another variation of the basic idea.
Kind of a “jazz magic” routine.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/764
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Racherbaumer just released a book on Mene-Tekel through LYBRARY.COM...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Tickling Tekel by Jon Racherbaumer

https://www.lybrary.com/tickling-tekel-p-923749.html
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
dustrod
View Profile
Loyal user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
233 Posts

Profile of dustrod
My personal preference on one of the questions. I have 2 M.T. decks. One traditional and one that is short/long.
I like my short/long M.T.the most. Maybe that's because I don't use it a lot so it's just easier to use when I pick it up. That's my 2¢
I have not tried a Ruffed version.
Gordon Astley
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Gordon Astley
Liam Montier of Kaymar Magic has a great MRD routine using the MT deck. Makes a numpty like me look like a finger flinging card sharp !!
Ps. Does anyone know of a way to quickly reset the deck ?
Gordon Astley
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The MRD Deck was mentioned by a couple members on the first page of this thread. You might want to PM one of them to see how they re-set.

As far as my research and curiosity goes, I have almost too much info at this point 🥴🤯. I guess that is why the study of a certain gaff deck or a certain principle is good, because it inspires creativity. This deck has been around forever it seems and people are still tweaking it. The only reason “I personally” Am not interested in the MRD Deck is that I do not need another deck (and it is sold as a combo. Routine and Deck).

But do PM those members from the first page and see if they might be able to help your specific need. As well as this thread coming up again, someone might PM you who reads it. Good luck anyway.

Smile Smile
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
I made my own rough/smooth, long/short, marked meke tekel deck. It is a powerful weapon.

I am currently doing a version of an old Annemnann routine with it. I casually show the deck to be different as I remove the jokers. A card is selected and then, while moving to the next person, I casually move the duplicate on to the top of the deck. I repeat this was the second person. Status check: The duplicate of first card selected is second form the top of the deck and on the top and is the duplicate of the second card. A third person selects a card and I casually peak at the marking on the duplicate card beneath it and remember it. The first two people replace their card in the deck while the third retains her card. The deck is pocketed and I have the first two people think of their cards and I remove them from my pocket. (You could even place the deck in the pocket of a male spectators sports jacket.) I then reveal the third card via straight mind reading.

Advantages of this deck:

1)The spectator never handles a marked card
2)You get the peak while the spectator is looking at their card
3) A spectator can cut to a card
4) The cards can be shown to be different
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
The deck can also be used with a rising card box or other rising card apparatus which just pushes up the back card. Just collect the three dupes to the back of the deck as the spectators look at their cards. They can then slide theirs anywhere into the deck. Go straight into the rises without any further handling of the cards.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2020, equivoque wrote:
I made my own rough/smooth, long/short, marked meke tekel deck. It is a powerful weapon.

I am currently doing a version of an old Annemnann routine with it. I casually show the deck to be different as I remove the jokers. A card is selected and then, while moving to the next person, I casually move the duplicate on to the top of the deck. I repeat this was the second person. Status check: The duplicate of first card selected is second form the top of the deck and on the top and is the duplicate of the second card. A third person selects a card and I casually peak at the marking on the duplicate card beneath it and remember it. The first two people replace their card in the deck while the third retains her card. The deck is pocketed and I have the first two people think of their cards and I remove them from my pocket. (You could even place the deck in the pocket of a male spectators sports jacket.) I then reveal the third card via straight mind reading.

Advantages of this deck:

1)The spectator never handles a marked card
2)You get the peak while the spectator is looking at their card
3) A spectator can cut to a card
4) The cards can be shown to be different

I used to perform pretty much this exact effect and method years ago.
I think another advantage worth mentioning is that if you place the deck into your own pocket rather than a specs, you can then switch it for a regular deck and carry on from there.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Here is another idea. Use the Mene Tekel deck, made from two reasonable marked decks. You can get two MEne Tekels from that.
Then, do a technique like equivoque mentions. Basically getting the dupe on top of the deck. If you see the MRD deck video by Liam MOntier, you will see you can get away with bloody murder, in putting the duplicates on top of the deck while they are memorizing their card. Then they can push their card in anywhere, making a peek impossible. You could literally be peeking their card (from the dupe you placed on top, marked, while they cover their card with their hand and push it back anywhere in the deck. YOu can repeat this and reveal multiple cards. PRetty strong because you could look away when they stop you at a card.

iF you reveal cards that you never saw in any way, and they cleanly covered and pushed it back in, with you looking away, it is stronger than you might think. The key is to reveal the card slowly for me, to make a goof on the suit or whatever, telling them not to tell you. Then when you get it right, you are Uri the cardshark Geller.....
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Thanks for the info. I will dig a little more. Has anyone tried the R&S on the pair's for a quick deck spread to show "all different/no pairs"?

For whatever reason, I don't refer R&S on Mene Tekel decks. If I want to show the cards different, I'll riffle them or let them cascade. I just feel I've got a more flexible tool w/out R&S. Clearly, others will feel the opposite according to their feelings and purposes.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
BernieSantos
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of BernieSantos
The PropDog guys are working on a resource for the Mene-Tekel deck.

May be pop them an e-mail, I'm sure they'd help with resources or give some ideas.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Liam Montier and Big Blind Media have produced several good resources on the Mene Tekel deck in recent years:

Mene Tekel Deck Project
MRD Deck
Memo

As a bonus, some of these come with the actual gimmicked deck. I've covered the Mene Tekel Project in a detailed review here.

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Is there a red/blue roughed Mene Tekel Deck available commercially anywhere?

I bought one from Nathan Kranzo. It's great for producing a card that's obviously from another deck.
Madman13
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Madman13
Multitude by Vincent Hedan is amazing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Thoughts and ideas on a Mene Tekel deck (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL