The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Since the devices work indinendantly. i.e. 2 devices, 2 controllers, I am ordering a second one to use on 2 spectators thus at time I touch one spectator and at other times touch the other. This also eliminates that the touch is always at the same place. Even if after the performance, people talk, they will say that they felt the touch in different places
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5614 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:

Since the devices work indinendantly. i.e. 2 devices, 2 controllers, I am ordering a second one to use on 2 spectators thus at time I touch one spectator and at other times touch the other. This also eliminates that the touch is always at the same place. Even if after the performance, people talk, they will say that they felt the touch in different places

I like your thinking on using two sets.

However before ordering the second device, recheck and confirm from Joao whether the 2 sets will work independently when both are switched 'ON'. Hope there is no RX/TX conflict between the two sets. I know Joao has already replied to your earlier query but still there is no harm in reconfirming. Just a humble advise. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
194 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Thanks, Ustaad, for the very throughout review!

I have yet to receive my unit, so I don't quite get the following:

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
I had suggested (please see my post, Posted: Sep 10, 2019 01:47 pm) the use of an extra 1.5 Inch long Double-Sided Tape attached to the device. Thus, in the event of the device getting dislodged during performance, it will not fall as the extra tape will hold on to the device and let the device dangle. The performer can then quickly re-fix the device in place and continue performing. I feel this was a good suggestion but seems it was not taken/accepted. But that's OK. Smile
Smile

Would you mind expanding a little bit on this?

Thanks again!
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I have mine listed in the for sale section if anyone is interested. In case anyone is on the fence and getting it a little cheaper helps.
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
I have mine listed in the for sale section if anyone is interested. In case anyone is on the fence and getting it a little cheaper helps.

Interested
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
I like your thinking on using two sets.

However before ordering the second device, recheck and confirm from Joao whether the 2 sets will work independently when both are switched 'ON'. Hope there is no RX/TX conflict between the two sets. I know Joao has already replied to your earlier query but still there is no harm in reconfirming. Just a humble advise. Smile

Smile [/quote]
I asked Joao he said they work separately one controller per device
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:

How can I contact you pls?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1066 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Look on the left side, under his name it says "profile" and "pm". PM him.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This also applies to mentalists.)
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5614 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:

Quote:
I had suggested (please see my post, Posted: Sep 10, 2019 01:47 pm) the use of an extra 1.5 Inch long Double-Sided Tape attached to the device. Thus, in the event of the device getting dislodged during performance, it will not fall as the extra tape will hold on to the device and let the device dangle. The performer can then quickly re-fix the device in place and continue performing. I feel this was a good suggestion but seems it was not taken/accepted. But that's OK. Smile

Hope you can see the small sketch.

Due to the device's force action the device might get dislodged, but the little extra 1.5 inch of tape stuck to the shirts fabric will stay faithfully well anchored in place. Thus it won't allow the device to fall off.

And to give the 1.5 inch tape a little stiffness, attach a transparent thin plastic of appropriate width on the other side (the exposed side) of the tape.

Hope now it makes sense. Smile

Smile

Click here to view attached image.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
mentaldiego
View Profile
New user
Spain
63 Posts

Profile of mentaldiego
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Due to the device's force action the device might get dislodged, but the little extra 1.5 inch of tape stuck to the shirts fabric will stay faithfully well anchored in place. Thus it won't allow the device to fall off.

Smile

thank you very much now if you clarify the sketch you have drawn

good idea !!!

I wonder if in the test you did at home you did it that way, if so

put the device is complicated ???
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
194 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Quote:

Smile

It makes perfect sense! Smile

Thank you again!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5614 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@ mentaldiego:

Yes, I do what I preach. Smile

The device is not at all complicated in any sense. Rather it is one of the most easy device to hook-on and operate. My tape suggestion is only a safety measure.

Smile
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Can I give an advice on L ion batteries in general? If not using batteries for a long time, try to discharge to at least 30%. If not they will puff up and become useless. DO NOT STORE L ION BATTERIES FULLY CHARGED FOR LONG PERIOD OF TIME!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1066 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks! Very good to know!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This also applies to mentalists.)
mentaldiego
View Profile
New user
Spain
63 Posts

Profile of mentaldiego
Ustadd@

Thank you again for your experiences.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2019, gassaox wrote:
Does gorilla tape not work ,I use this to stick my cushions down in my rattan furniture and they never move all year round resist all wind weathers etc

Yes it would work but I would not suggest it as it would be difficult and a noticeable r-i-p to remove from the clothing
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

And to give the 1.5 inch tape a little stiffness, attach a transparent thin plastic of appropriate width on the other side (the exposed side) of the tape.

Smile
best idea so far... Thanks
Bad jelly
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bad jelly
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:
Can I give an advice on L ion batteries in general? If not using batteries for a long time, try to discharge to at least 30%. If not they will puff up and become useless. DO NOT STORE L ION BATTERIES FULLY CHARGED FOR LONG PERIOD OF TIME!

This sounds like good solid advice.... However, what exactly are "L ion batteries"?.
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2019, Bad jelly wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:

This sounds like good solid advice.... However, what exactly are "L ion batteries"?.
I meant Li-ion sorry my mistake... Lithium ion. Just don't store totally empty or totally full for a long period of time. I would charge once a month or two to keep them going
Bad jelly
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bad jelly
Haa ..thanks Bigfoot .... great piece of advice, wish I'd known this years ago. Explains why most of my electronic gadgetry has become somewhat unpredictable.

Cheers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL