The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5595 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Since our electronic based magic props are generally used for short and intermittent duration, we should soon see Li-Ion and other such rechargeable batteries getting replaced with Supercapacitors/Ultracapacitors as the new power source. Supercapacitors has an extremely short charging time with almost infinite recharging capability and with a life expectancy of over 25 years. Supercapacitors are devoid of all the problems of a Li-Ion battery.

If I am not wrong, I believe that such a beginning (use of a Supercapacitor) has alreday been made by one of our electronic genius, Craig Felicity, in his 'Real Die Rechargeable' prop.

Have a look at a couple of such batteries:-

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/kemet......BjvD_BwE

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/panas......0JPD_BwE

https://www.techbatterysolutions.com/xs-......U5fD_BwE

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Bad jelly
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bad jelly
Ustaad ... When you say "soon see replacements" are we talking Months, Years, ? Additionally, after checking out the links you provided, It seems our current devices will be incompatible with these more suitable options. Pity, as I like the sound of the 'Brave new world' you describe Smile ..

Cheers.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5595 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@ Bad jelly: Well 'soon' could be any time from a day to years. Smile However as per my knowledge and info, electronic design engineers have already started using the Supercapacitor as a power source for low energy electronic device. And one good example is (as to the best of my knowledge and understanding) that Crag Felicity is already using Supercapacitors in one of his props mentioned in my above post.

IMO, all current devices will work till they die their natural death. Smile Probably when the general rechargeable batteries die (in older devices) they may be replaced with suitable rated Supercapacitors. However its time that creators of electronic based magic props look into the use of Supercapacitors as the main power source. The biggest advantage of the new power source is they last almost a life time and can be recharged at a fraction of the time than those other conventional rechargeable batteries need. For example Craig's 'Real Die Rechargeable' just needs 2 minutes to fully recharge. Compare this to other similar dice needing an hour or more to recharge.

Aah, I feel like kicking myself for starting this Supercapacitor topic. So please let's get back on to the main 'Spectro Touch' topic. Smile Thank you.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
954 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Please don’t worry about getting off topic for a bit. You were asked to. I thought it was very interesting and I’m sure many others did. So thank you.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Fellow Spectro users...where is the best place to place the remote to be able to feel the vibration in delay mode? It seems that I can't seem to find the right place to feel the vibration nice and strong! No funny places please 😂
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
109 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Lots of great info here and think I’ll jump over the fence. If used in combination with several other methods. I love D’angelos touch and while it’s bold, enjoy the principle. I think this could complement it.
Bad jelly
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bad jelly
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Please don’t worry about getting off topic for a bit. You were asked to. I thought it was very interesting and I’m sure many others did. So thank you.

I concur .. and could not have stated it better. I'll simply add my thanks to Ustaad for the as always, insightful posts. I learned new facts. Always good.

Cheers.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5595 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Thank you all for the encouragement and kind words. I am grateful. Smile

Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7501 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very interesting Narendra. The future, no doubt.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1473 Posts

Profile of elimagic
May hhave found the perfect "stuff". Stronger than the original, cheaper, looks ideal. With a new piece I did more than 20 jumping jacks with it in place and it held strong. Message me for the amazon link.
lancenicolai58
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of lancenicolai58
I used the regular double sided tape I had laying around the house which worked perfectly
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
109 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Lots of great info here and think I’ll jump over the fence. If used in combination with several other methods. I love D’angelos touch and while it’s bold, enjoy the principle. I think this could complement it.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2467 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I hate to bring up the issue of tape concerns again... But, it seems to me that adding a pin/hook to the unit should be easy enough using a hot glue gun ?

I am just considering to my the unit and like others I am concerned about tape. I do know that a hooked coin is very easy to put on and take off.
Am I crazy ? Did anyone try adding a pin / hook ?

PS: I believe another post said that a hook may lessen the effect of feeling the "touch", is this true ?

Thoughts ?
Long Island,

New York
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2019, elimagic wrote:
May hhave found the perfect "stuff". Stronger than the original, cheaper, looks ideal. With a new piece I did more than 20 jumping jacks with it in place and it held strong. Message me for the amazon link.

Could you share the Amazon link please? PS. I did PM you but no reply.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
954 Posts

Would be nice. There’s no harm for the creator in that, right?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1473 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2019, elimagic wrote:

Could you share the Amazon link please? PS. I did PM you but no reply.

Didn't see your message. I guess there isn't any harm just posting it publically. This stuff. Mesh tape, easy to take off the unit (i had a very tough time removing the original tape as it didn’t “stay together”. This tape is much more sticky but since it’s mesh, stays together so switching to a different strip is easy. It’s cheap and I think worth testing for yourself.

New: All Purpose Double Sided... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07352Y3TN?ref......ap_share

Good luck,
Eli
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
954 Posts

Thanks, Eli! Great tip!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5595 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:

Thanks for sharing, P3d. That's good to know. I think it's a shame Joao doesn't step forward with suggestions to help with the adhesives. You and Jamie clearly stated your problems. Glad to see you kind of found a solution.

We are working on a new video about this subject in particular.

The video will be added to the current instructional video and to my Facebook group.

Any up-date?

Smile
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
954 Posts

Still no update?
sashko
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of sashko
I bought a props. Where the group is secret on facebook and how to get in, please tell me!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL