The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11~12~13 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7573 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:
What about the hook up and hook off...how safe is it and how easy? Does the spectator need to be wearing a particlar type of clothing?

Have you actually bothered to read even this page?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4669 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I can’t help thinking if some people would start grabbing or looking behind them when they unexpectedly feel something “touching” their back. Any thoughts on this? (In a dual reality type performance it is clear to the subject that the performer is touching him. So that risk is mitigated, I feel. This seems different. Even when you tell them it will happen, somebody might still instictively react out of scare or curiosity.) I also wonder what their story afterwards to the public will be. I often perform for companies, so they will talk to each other afterwards.

I'm surprised that with 20 years of professional performing with national TV appearances etc., that you are not experienced with this type of effect? I thought you would actually have a professional perspective on this? Smile

Ok, sorry for being condescending Masked Magician, was not very nice of me.
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
62 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2019, 453rob wrote:
....The thing that disappoints me most is that in this performance he touches his shoulder and his chin and the only thing the spec does is lift his arm....

+1, and for that reason, it just did not 'do it' for me...

Are there any comments on this issue?

Joao, are you able to tell us whether the spectator may refer to the point where the PK touch happens? So far it seems the PK touch happens where the device has been attached to the back of the spectator and nowhere else, even if the performer touches his shoulder or chin.

Looking forward to reading about this - in my opinion - crucial aspect. Thanks in advance.

Also: double-sided tape doesn't sound all too easy as far as the removal of the device is concerned. I expect the device to be pulling back the shirt, jacket or whatever the spectator wears during the removal process. Also I reckon that pressing the device against the back of the spectator will leave the spectator with the impression that I pressed something solid and quadratic against his or her back. I'd be too afraid that he or she reaches back to examine what that was.

Fingers crossed that all the abovementioned issues are no issues at the end of the day, because the ad sounds too good to be true.

Cheers and many thanks in advance for your feedback on these questions.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
323 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, Michael.Kegel wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
....The thing that disappoints me most is that in this performance he touches his shoulder and his chin and the only thing the spec does is lift his arm....

Joao, are you able to tell us whether the spectator may refer to the point where the PK touch happens? So far it seems the PK touch happens where the device has been attached to the back of the spectator and nowhere else, even if the performer touches his shoulder or chin.

Looking forward to reading about this - in my opinion - crucial aspect. Thanks in advance.

Also: double-sided tape doesn't sound all too easy as far as the removal of the device is concerned. I expect the device to be pulling back the shirt, jacket or whatever the spectator wears during the removal process. Also I reckon that pressing the device against the back of the spectator will leave the spectator with the impression that I pressed something solid and quadratic against his or her back. I'd be too afraid that he or she reaches back to examine what that was.

Fingers crossed that all the abovementioned issues are no issues at the end of the day, because the ad sounds too good to be true.

Great questions.

I will try to be as much as detailed as possible.

Regarding what the effect is concerned yes, the spectator feels the touch in one place only. There are several performers buying more than one unit in order to attach them to the spectator in different spots. You can do that since one remote is only paired with one gimmick. It is a "dual reality" happening.
However if you are concerned with the spectator telling anything... they will simply say that "Yes, he touched me".

For that reason I personally think it is overthinking telling that spectator "will tell". I mean, the spectator wont grab a megaphone in the middle of the audience and scream "I just felt the touch at the left side of my back and not on the right so please understand that what the magician did was all fake!". I am of course exaggerating so that my point is more easily understood.

Regarding the removal of the gimmick at the back I can guarantee you 100% from personal experience that the spectator wont feel anything.

By simply touching and asking the spectator to take a bow or (as I explain in the instructions) touching the spectator forehead (as if he was "hypnotized") at the same time that you remove the gimmick it is all you need and they will NOT feel the gimmick being removed at all.

Joao
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
62 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:

Great questions.

I will try to be as much as detailed as possible.

Regarding what the effect is concerned yes, the spectator feels the touch in one place only. There are several performers buying more than one unit in order to attach them to the spectator in different spots. You can do that since one remote is only paired with one gimmick. It is a "dual reality" happening.
However if you are concerned with the spectator telling anything... they will simply say that "Yes, he touched me".

For that reason I personally think it is overthinking telling that spectator "will tell". I mean, the spectator wont grab a megaphone in the middle of the audience and scream "I just felt the touch at the left side of my back and not on the right so please understand that what the magician did was all fake!". I am of course exaggerating so that my point is more easily understood.

Regarding the removal of the gimmick at the back I can guarantee you 100% from personal experience that the spectator wont feel anything.

By simply touching and asking the spectator to take a bow or (as I explain in the instructions) touching the spectator forehead (as if he was "hypnotized") at the same time that you remove the gimmick it is all you need and they will NOT feel the gimmick being removed at all.

Joao

Thanks a lot for your detailed response, Joao, and congrats on this apparently really thought-out device.

All the best
Michael
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Thanks Joao for coming on here and clarifying.

The loading/unloading of the gimmick off the spec seems to be much easier than I originally suspected. I assumed it was a clip at first but it's double sided tape instead...indeed, as you said, the best solutions are often the simplest.

I guess I am running out of excuses to part with $200!
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:
What about the hook up and hook off...how safe is it and how easy? Does the spectator need to be wearing a particlar type of clothing?

Have you actually bothered to read even this page?
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Sorry..i was scrolling through and missed that part.. My apologies
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, Michael.Kegel wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
194 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Thanks Joao for coming on here and clarifying.

The loading/unloading of the gimmick off the spec seems to be much easier than I originally suspected. I assumed it was a clip at first but it's double sided tape instead...indeed, as you said, the best solutions are often the simplest.

I guess I am running out of excuses to part with $200!

Yeah... me too Smile
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
As regarding feeling the touch always in the same place, just an idea, I would really touch the person in different places once in a while. Or mix some of Rafael D'Angelo's routine
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
788 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:
How is the "touch" perceived by the spectator? I hope it is not a "vibration" type of touch...

It is a touch, not a vibration.

Now THAT is intriguing....
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
This was performed on me last night and I can tell you that it is delightfully real in every respect as well as being thoroughly deceptive.

It is a very nice item indeed and I fully expect this to garner fantastic reviews once it is more broadly released. The load and retrieval are simple, as are the workings. I'm personally enthusiastic about this as it is something that will go over well in most of today's venues - loud, packed spaces with a DJ in the background where mentalism can otherwise be difficult at times to perform with impact.

Spectro Touch feels just like being tapped by someone's finger. I'm very excited about this and look forward to applying my own creativity to presentations.

Very well done Joao and Pierre!

And I should note that neither of these gentlemen knows me or solicited this response.

This really is an excellent piece of hardware.

All the best,

Atlas
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1070 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks, Atlas! Your opinion means a lot to me. Might have to pick this up. Already doing an IT version and Midas Touch, bur there ‘s something addictive about expanding options for PK touches.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This also applies to mentalists.)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, RNK wrote:
Ok, sorry for being condescending Masked Magician, was not very nice of me.

Ah, there's Baffling Bob. The man that derails threads just to insult others, that openly admits that he likes to put fellow magicians down and that his audience is... "very small" (I wonder why that is....). So... you posting here I take it that both your mom and dad have seen all your tricks and you're bored again? Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This also applies to mentalists.)
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
The Prestige 2: RNK vs the Unmasked Magician
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

If RNK looks like Scarlett Johansson I'm in.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3862 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
If RNK looks like Scarlett Johansson I'm in.

He has a NAME. BOB. Get that right! Because he has a name, and it's BOB, you must of course respect him. Someone else that is known and published implied as much elsewhere. So, respect the BOB.

As an aside, I like this Spector Touch thing. It is most definitely not similar to Christopher Taylor's Real Ghost. I would say from what has been discussed in this thread, it's way better since you don't need anchor the device to a chair or what not to use it. This does seem to suggest that this release is actually incredibly versatile and quite innovative imo.
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
194 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Can we please keep this on topic?
This seems to be an excellent prop, and I’m sure that there are a lot of us interested in real discussions about it.
Thanks
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2611 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I wonder If this is the routine used by a mentalist on Fool Us ? He used a mask on the spectator "Brilliant" Folled me badly & Penn & Teller !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL