The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
323 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Thanks for sharing, P3d. That's good to know. I think it's a shame Joao doesn't step forward with suggestions to help with the adhesives. You and Jamie clearly stated your problems. Glad to see you kind of found a solution.

We are working on a new video about this subject in particular.

The video will be added to the current instructional video and to my Facebook group.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1075 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Ah. There you go. Thanks for letting us know. (Looking forward to hear the reactions. I'm still on the fence.)
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
mentaldiego
View Profile
New user
Spain
63 Posts

Profile of mentaldiego
Thanks a lot!!
I'm sure the solution is imminent
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Hooks?
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Not sure about hooks Philippe. I guess you could figure out a way to attach a hook on the unit but I wouldn't know how. I do suspect that you need the device firmly attached to the spec (with the tape) vs dangling more loosely on a hook. Otherwise, there is a chance that the touch may not make contact? Just speculating.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5619 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Received the prop yesterday evening.

I have a query regarding charging of the units (TX & RX). Can the units be charged with a normal USB charger used for phones etc. or is it a MUST to charge the units with the given charging stick?

It will be nice if somebody can please clarify.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1386 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I’m eagerly awaiting your thoughts Ustaad:)
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10493 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Thanks for sharing, P3d. That's good to know. I think it's a shame Joao doesn't step forward with suggestions to help with the adhesives. You and Jamie clearly stated your problems. Glad to see you kind of found a solution.

We are working on a new video about this subject in particular.

The video will be added to the current instructional video and to my Facebook group.

Thank you
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Wouldn't have made this much easier if a roll of tape was included in the package instead of us running around looking for the best tape? Im sure a couple of bucks wouldn't make you go bankrupt Joao! Would save us all this hussle!
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

I have a query regarding charging of the units (TX & RX). Can the units be charged with a normal USB charger used for phones etc. or is it a MUST to charge the units with the given charging stick?

Smile

I used another regular usb phone charger lead to charge my units - no problem at all!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5619 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, MDantes wrote:

I’m eagerly awaiting your thoughts Ustaad Smile

Sure! I need another day or two. Smile

Quote:
On Sep 12, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

I used another regular usb phone charger lead to charge my units - no problem at all!

Thank you.

Such USB charging stick is generally provided as a safety measure so as to keep the charging voltage &/or currents to a secure level and hence my query.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
I have a question. If you use 2 units, will they work separately? Meaning that each controller operates one unit at a time or does one controller operate both units at the same time?
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
323 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:
I have a question. If you use 2 units, will they work separately? Meaning that each controller operates one unit at a time or does one controller operate both units at the same time?

One controller operates one unit at time.

We program one remote to only work with one gimmick.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1481 Posts

Profile of elimagic
So I received mine yesterday and so far I really like this. Just testing out the provided tape, it worked flawlessly on my wife and was very secure... Has the stock tape been identified in order to purchase replacements ? Also curious if a dedicated fabric tape may even be a better option?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, elimagic wrote:
Just testing out the provided tape, it worked flawlessly on my wife and was very secure...

Am I the only one who had images flash through his mind that were very far off topic?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1481 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
Just testing out the provided tape, it worked flawlessly on my wife and was very secure...

Am I the only one who had images flash through his mind that were very far off topic?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7579 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
So I received mine yesterday and so far I really like this. Just testing out the provided tape, it worked flawlessly on my wife and was very secure... Has the stock tape been identified in order to purchase replacements ? Also curious if a dedicated fabric tape may even be a better option?

This is for a different forum.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

The Magic Café #metoo section?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5619 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
OK, here are my thoughts on the Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda.

MF Tom has already given a nice detailed review (Posted: Aug 27, 2019 12:15 pm), so I will skip all the blah . . blah . . and move on to my personal opinion/thoughts. But before that, I suggest you please give MF Tom's review a read. As for I am concerned, I am in full agreement with MF Tom's well written review.

Also please let me clarify that most queries/concern have been honestly addressed/replied by Joao and others. So I will skip those as well. I will only take-on the important features of this little wonder TOUCH device and layout their pros-n-cons. So here we go:- Smile

1. The Touch: The spectator will feel exactly as though he/she has been tapped by someone's finger. However when using the device for multiple touch (i.e. the fist and the second touch), the touches are not at the same spot. They are a good 4 to 5 cm apart. This will throws any alert spectator off guard. This IMO is one big advantage of this device.

2. Delayed Touch Feature: This is an excellent feature and probably will be used quite often. Once the device has been put in the delay mode, it will continue to obey till such time the delay feature as been disabled.

3. Effective Range: The effective range between the transmitter and the receiver (as tested by me) is 15 Feet (Line of Sight). This IMO is fairly good range.

4. Reliability of The Device:: I have put the device to extreme test and the device has worked reliably well thus far - I encountered no mechanical or electronic glitch whatsoever.

5. Robustness of The Device: The device is quite robust (as tested by me). However please avoid dropping of the device on hard floor as it contains miniature Hi-Tech circuitry. Also it has a plastic part that might snap/break.

6. Movement Restrictions: Unlike some other touch devices on the market, with this one the spectator's movements are not restricted. The spectator is free to sit, stand or move while the device is attached. This IMO is a big advantage over other similar devices. However The spectator cannot turnaround during the course of performance while the device is attached (for fear of exposing the device). Also nobody should be behind the spectator. This is a disadvantage but can be handled well with a bit of spectator as well as audience management (Audience Management Smile - Ah, that cr**py advise Smile Smile).

7. Dislodging of The Device During Performance: This has been an overall cause of concern and hopefully is being taken care of by Joao. As per Joao's latest post, a remedy is in the offering. However, in spite of all precautions and care, it is quite possible that the device may fall off (due to any reason) during the course of performance. Hence to avoid falling off of the device and thus exposing the method as well, I had suggested (please see my post, Posted: Sep 10, 2019 01:47 pm) the use of an extra 1.5 Inch long Double-Sided Tape attached to the device. Thus, in the event of the device getting dislodged during performance, it will not fall as the extra tape will hold on to the device and let the device dangle. The performer can then quickly re-fix the device in place and continue performing. I feel this was a good suggestion but seems it was not taken/accepted. But that's OK. Smile

8. Live Performance: The instructions video shows a nice live stage performance. This will certainly help one get a fairly good idea as to how the effect plays. I have performed this live (just once) at home in a family & friends gathering and have got great reactions, especially from the women folks. IMO one cannot brand this effect as a stage/parlor ONLY. It can be performed in a closeup setting as well - Like I did in our family gathering at home.

Overall the 'Spectro' is a new, unique & a very versatile remote controlled prop for the TOUCH effect. The device is small, robust, very light in weight (just 27 Grams) and is silent. Besides the 'TOUCH' effect, for which this has been designed, it's tapping/knocking facility can be put to many other uses like seance effects and thus making it a very versatile prop. Imagination will be your only limiting factor.

For all those on the fence, I will happily recommend 'SPECTRO'.

That's just ME and MY thoughts. Smile

Hope this helps!

Smile
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Thanks, Ustaad! That’s great to hear! Very much appreciated. 🙏
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL