The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1127 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2019, patapon wrote:
How do you manage a spectator turning around (not deliberately, but perhaps out of excitement) and thus flashing the device attached to the back of the spectator? Also, how easy to move the device, otherwise this looks like it is limited to only one area (eg. left arm) which limits the what the performer can achieve? Your feedback appreciated.

I second that. The hooking is more interesting than everything else. Otherwise mix and match, you can't beat the Italian way (and IIRC the touch effect was invented in Italy?)
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1449 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2019, MF Tom wrote:
Hi Guys,

I had a chance to test Spectro Touch in the past few days and needless to say I watched it immediately when we got it. Im a HUGE fan of the plot I use different versions (both impromptu and electronic) in the past. I used Spectro Touch 4 times.

Here is my 2 cents on Spectro Touch:

The packaging is top notch as you expect it inside the box you get the instruction card that have the password to the video and of course there is the Spectro Touch unit, the remote and the usb charger.

The instructional video is 26 minutes long and for me I didn't felt that I would need more Joao explain everything crystal clear and using the device is very very easy so its not something that you can or needed to explain an hour long.

There is an option to program the device which cause a delay on the touch BUT in vibrates 2 seconds before the touch occurs which means you know exactly when you need to do your touch.

I think this option is amazing and give a lot of freedom since you can be very open when you are in the crucial moment and your hands can be wide open which is awesome I like this a lot.

Joao set the timer to 7 seconds so it vibrates after 5 seconds, just 2 seconds before the touch occur also Im sure you can set it to a different time like 10 or 15 seconds but to be honest 5-7 or 10 seconds just perfectly fine I think there is no reason to set it higher than 10 but I guess its possible.

After Joao clearly shows all the nuances of the device (there isnít much so itís very easy really) he talk about the routine.

The routine is the one you can check in the full performance video and Joao explaining that exact routine step by step so there is no studio performance but itís not even needed to be honest.

He even states that the guy who performs it Mario Pierre is performing it very very slowly and he use music in some phases etc. You definetly don't have to do that I think its simply based on your preference and style. You can even make 2-3 touches and verbally ask the spectator how many he/she felt. So you have options here that you can play with. I even do it in a way where I touched my leg and ask the spectator if he felt it of course he did indeed. Smile So there is room for creativity.

I really like the fact that Spectro Touch not require a chair in its setup and also not use a thread I used electronic devices and these ones needed a setup like that although I never had a problem but I have to admit Im sure it will feel much more free.

Some people asked us about angles and also there were questions here regarding the angles.

The angles on Spectro Touch are very good Im sure itís not gonna be suprise that nobody can be behind the spectator who the device is used on. Also since the device is very small I think its really managable. In a venue where this type of routine is presented like on stage or in a casual settings of a stand up performance Im confident to use this and Im not afraid at all of some weird spectator behaviur like they jumping up or turning around.

I never had a spectator ruin my setup with a thread version before (when I used a different device in the past) the only once it happened was absolutely my fault.

Spectro Touch can be performed as it is a complete routine with multiple phases and I don't see the need to add other method(s) here but of course you can do it and it can make the entire performance stronger for sure.

Is it worth?

I have to say I think its cheap for this price. Basically it allow me to do a PK touch routine easier and more surefire than other devices without having the chair and the t****d.

Also its very easy to operate the device is small and it almost HALF PRICE.

So in my case yes it worth the money by far and I have the freedom to perform it kinda anywhere and have the luxury of the fact that it can be with me and I can do it whenever the situation allow me to do so.

Also personally Iím fully trust Joao and how he stand behinds his products. I know if any guarantee issue occurs there will be no problem he proved it over the years countless times.

The Toe Switch::

There is a Toe Switch which that can be purchased separately for 39.95 USD I just want to mention if, out of the sake of completeness.

Do you need it? Absolutely NO. Spectro Touch easily can be done without this add-on also the programable touch option makes it unnecessary BUT I used in the past one device with a toe switch and it was fine for me so if you have experience with a toe switch and the freedom it gives worth 39.95 USD its a nice option to have, and I think its cool that Joao and his team put the work and effort to think about this option too.

Its only one manís opinion but for me Spectro Touch is a no brainer and I already thinking about how can I use 2 device I think itís something that interesting to brainstorm about for fun.

So for me its a solid 9/10 the instructions crystal clear the gimmick quality is top notch and I have a better flexibility with the routining and execution than before with similar devices.

If you like what Spectro Touch offers just hit the button at your favourite store.

I hope I answered all your questions if you have any questions Im happy to answer just pm me. Smile

Spectro Touch on pre-order at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products......o-pierre

Best,
Tom

PS: we got multiple emails asking the weight of the device its only 27 gramms so kinda nothing. Smile

Thanks for the review.

What about attaching and removing the gimmick from the spectator?

Thanks
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
^ the most important piece of info.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7573 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Isnít it amazing that the most obvious question hasnít been answered. I would definitely take anything from MF Tom with extreme caution.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
788 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2019, 453rob wrote:
....The thing that disappoints me most is that in this performance he touches his shoulder and his chin and the only thing the spec does is lift his arm....

+1, and for that reason, it just did not 'do it' for me...
dyoung
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I love the idea of this one. I, too, just wonder how easy it is to put on and take off? Is it just using some adhesive, and if so would that need replacing?

The second thing I wonder, is about the weight of it. I appreciate not everyone have a scale that weigh it. but it would be nice to know!

All the best,
Dan
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
323 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, dyoung wrote:
I love the idea of this one. I, too, just wonder how easy it is to put on and take off? Is it just using some adhesive, and if so would that need replacing?

The second thing I wonder, is about the weight of it. I appreciate not everyone have a scale that weigh it. but it would be nice to know!

All the best,
Dan

It is just double sided tape.

Because we managed to make the gimmick super light (27 grams only) it wont come off the spectator back.

Also you remove it by simple telling the spectator to take a bow or if you touch his forehead he removal goes 100% unnoticed. Smile
dyoung
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Thanks for the reply!

On the one hand I wish it used hooks, like the coins you can get, because it's SUPER easy to take off and no sound etc. But on the other hand you can also "hurt" someone attaching it Smile Difficult balance there.

For any curious english person, that's the weight of two £2 coins and a 1p coin..

//Dan
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
323 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
Thanks for the reply!

On the one hand I wish it used hooks, like the coins you can get, because it's SUPER easy to take off and no sound etc. But on the other hand you can also "hurt" someone attaching it Smile Difficult balance there.

For any curious english person, that's the weight of two £2 coins and a 1p coin..

//Dan

For the trick to work properly a hook would never work in this case.

A flat surface is needed otherwise there would be the risk of the spectator not feeling the touch, and it could also ruin the clothes I think.
dyoung
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Yeah the hook wouldn't be ideal for many reasons. I suspect that the tape is probably the best solution over all!

//Dan
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
323 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
Yeah the hook wouldn't be ideal for many reasons. I suspect that the tape is probably the best solution over all!

//Dan

It is the best solution and the most difficult one to think of due to its simplicity Smile
Christian de Punto
View Profile
New user
Hagen Germany
64 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
I m really looking forward to get mine. I think if you blindfold the spectator with a long black silk-scarf you solve two problems in one.
first: you seperate the spectator from getting exited and trying to touch his/her upper back.
second: applying and stealing the "thing" is much more easy and motivated, standing behind the person making and releasing the knot of the scarf.
plus: the scarf in your hand makes it easy to hide the "thing" and get clean.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1070 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I canít help thinking if some people would start grabbing or looking behind them when they unexpectedly feel something ďtouchingĒ their back. Any thoughts on this? (In a dual reality type performance it is clear to the subject that the performer is touching him. So that risk is mitigated, I feel. This seems different. Even when you tell them it will happen, somebody might still instictively react out of scare or curiosity.) I also wonder what their story afterwards to the public will be. I often perform for companies, so they will talk to each other afterwards.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This also applies to mentalists.)
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
194 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
How is the "touch" perceived by the spectator? I hope it is not a "vibration" type of touch...
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1070 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thatís exactly what I mean by: what will he tell others?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This also applies to mentalists.)
kiketron
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Can any ďelectronicĒ servo sound be noticed by the espectator?
Step into the unknown
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
323 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:
How is the "touch" perceived by the spectator? I hope it is not a "vibration" type of touch...

It is a touch, not a vibration.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
323 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2019, kiketron wrote:
Can any ďelectronicĒ servo sound be noticed by the espectator?

It is not a servo.

It is silent.

You donīt even need background music.
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2019, MF Tom wrote:
Hi Guys,

I had a chance to test Spectro Touch in the past few days and needless to say I watched it immediately when we got it. Im a HUGE fan of the plot I use different versions (both impromptu and electronic) in the past. I used Spectro Touch 4 times.

Here is my 2 cents on Spectro Touch:

The packaging is top notch as you expect it inside the box you get the instruction card that have the password to the video and of course there is the Spectro Touch unit, the remote and the usb charger.

The instructional video is 26 minutes long and for me I didn't felt that I would need more Joao explain everything crystal clear and using the device is very very easy so its not something that you can or needed to explain an hour long.

There is an option to program the device which cause a delay on the touch BUT in vibrates 2 seconds before the touch occurs which means you know exactly when you need to do your touch.

I think this option is amazing and give a lot of freedom since you can be very open when you are in the crucial moment and your hands can be wide open which is awesome I like this a lot.

Joao set the timer to 7 seconds so it vibrates after 5 seconds, just 2 seconds before the touch occur also Im sure you can set it to a different time like 10 or 15 seconds but to be honest 5-7 or 10 seconds just perfectly fine I think there is no reason to set it higher than 10 but I guess its possible.

After Joao clearly shows all the nuances of the device (there isnít much so itís very easy really) he talk about the routine.

The routine is the one you can check in the full performance video and Joao explaining that exact routine step by step so there is no studio performance but itís not even needed to be honest.

He even states that the guy who performs it Mario Pierre is performing it very very slowly and he use music in some phases etc. You definetly don't have to do that I think its simply based on your preference and style. You can even make 2-3 touches and verbally ask the spectator how many he/she felt. So you have options here that you can play with. I even do it in a way where I touched my leg and ask the spectator if he felt it of course he did indeed. Smile So there is room for creativity.

I really like the fact that Spectro Touch not require a chair in its setup and also not use a thread I used electronic devices and these ones needed a setup like that although I never had a problem but I have to admit Im sure it will feel much more free.

Some people asked us about angles and also there were questions here regarding the angles.

The angles on Spectro Touch are very good Im sure itís not gonna be suprise that nobody can be behind the spectator who the device is used on. Also since the device is very small I think its really managable. In a venue where this type of routine is presented like on stage or in a casual settings of a stand up performance Im confident to use this and Im not afraid at all of some weird spectator behaviur like they jumping up or turning around.

I never had a spectator ruin my setup with a thread version before (when I used a different device in the past) the only once it happened was absolutely my fault.

Spectro Touch can be performed as it is a complete routine with multiple phases and I don't see the need to add other method(s) here but of course you can do it and it can make the entire performance stronger for sure.

Is it worth?

I have to say I think its cheap for this price. Basically it allow me to do a PK touch routine easier and more surefire than other devices without having the chair and the t****d.

Also its very easy to operate the device is small and it almost HALF PRICE.

So in my case yes it worth the money by far and I have the freedom to perform it kinda anywhere and have the luxury of the fact that it can be with me and I can do it whenever the situation allow me to do so.

Also personally Iím fully trust Joao and how he stand behinds his products. I know if any guarantee issue occurs there will be no problem he proved it over the years countless times.

The Toe Switch::

There is a Toe Switch which that can be purchased separately for 39.95 USD I just want to mention if, out of the sake of completeness.

Do you need it? Absolutely NO. Spectro Touch easily can be done without this add-on also the programable touch option makes it unnecessary BUT I used in the past one device with a toe switch and it was fine for me so if you have experience with a toe switch and the freedom it gives worth 39.95 USD its a nice option to have, and I think its cool that Joao and his team put the work and effort to think about this option too.

Its only one manís opinion but for me Spectro Touch is a no brainer and I already thinking about how can I use 2 device I think itís something that interesting to brainstorm about for fun.

So for me its a solid 9/10 the instructions crystal clear the gimmick quality is top notch and I have a better flexibility with the routining and execution than before with similar devices.

If you like what Spectro Touch offers just hit the button at your favourite store.

I hope I answered all your questions if you have any questions Im happy to answer just pm me. Smile

Spectro Touch on pre-order at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products......o-pierre

Best,
Tom

PS: we got multiple emails asking the weight of the device its only 27 gramms so kinda nothing. Smile
bigfoot007
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bigfoot007
What about the hook up and hook off...how safe is it and how easy? Does the spectator need to be wearing a particlar type of clothing?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL