The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MY SALE OF MAGICOPOLIS TO RANDY SINNOTT (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
211 Posts

Profile of Steve Spill
RE: My sale of Magicopolis to Randy Sinnott – the inside poop for those millions who have emailed, PM’d, VM’d, called, et cetera

A while back, someone asked if I had ever considered selling Magicopolis. That’s ridiculous, I thought. But I said, “I’ve had a lot of offers. I just haven’t met the right person.” That deal led nowhere, but it made me realize that I was not opposed to the idea, and I wasn’t shy about sharing that thought with others. When I shared with my business partner and wife, Bozena – that feeling about it being time to pass the baton and let someone else take over Magicopolis, she said, “That’s good… Come to bed.” I climbed into bed and felt loved like never before. I realized how blessed I was. And that cracking a deal allowing another entity’s acquisition of Magicopolis would actually be liberating. And when that mission was accomplished, it felt like a huge burden lifted off my shoulders. I felt free and I fell asleep that night with the woman who was my strength and courage.

People have asked why I sold Magicopolis, did it get boring doing the show year after year? I can honestly say, no, it never did. Perhaps, at the time I became motivated to sell Magicopolis I was enduring a lapse of sight of that... mainly because I never took my foot off the gas pedal. Including regularly scheduled shows and special events I averaged at least two hundred performances a year for twenty-one years straight – and would get really tired, my body would regularly get worn down. I ain’t a young pup anymore. The time came to relax and recharge my depleted batteries. Yes, I can work less now and there is nothing better than being your own boss. Well, there is, actually… not having to work at all. That is way better.

And by “not working,” I mean having no employees or a massive monthly nut and all the other theater-owner-producer responsibilities and minute ******** that have nothing to do with feeling artistic or creative or inventive. Now I perform at my own leisurely discretion, a few shows a month, and there’s plenty of time for writing and drawing and painting – which I enjoy as much as magic – and indulging in Bozena’s passion for travel, which is high on her list of highs. As of right now today, the owner of Magicopolis is Randolph P. Sinnott, former Magic Castle president, founding partner of a nationally recognized law firm, and former United States Marine Corps Colonel – a man who is qualified for the theater-owner-producer task beyond belief. And yes, he is also artistic and creative and inventive.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Congratulations and thanks for all the years of great magic!

Good luck and wishing best to the new owners.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Great news, Congratulations!!!

It’s good to know that you are not attached and you can trust Randy Sinnot to continue Magicopolis business.

All the best to you and your wife, enjoy both the freedom and take care of each other Smile

We keep waiting for your ideas and releases!

Love
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Congratulations and the very best to the two of you on your new phase of life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MY SALE OF MAGICOPOLIS TO RANDY SINNOTT (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL