We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » My Favorite ESP Card Routine--What's Yours? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SamNJ
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of SamNJ
Thomas Henry's "Tri-Psi," from his book, Handbook of ESP Card Mentalism.
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2019, DonB! wrote:
Once again, if anyone would like to see, and compare, ESP cards and products, feel free to view my entire ESP collection.

Send me any questions you have about particular cards, and I’ll answer them if I can.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0......yNnNSOE0

Don Bursell

Are the Steve Dela colour test cards still available?

Thanks
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1477 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Apart from Unfazed, Vindicator done with a Zeneration-X deck is a staple for me. Max Maven’s “Zenvelopes” has also been a favorite of mine.
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Also see aged ESP carzy prediction
https://www.alakazam.co.uk/esp-aged-by-a......ize.html

I don't think the hi**er wa****t comes with the effect.
Other effects possible as the deck is marked.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1952 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Audiences do not seem to recognize ESP cards, and given that most ESP effects are a paltry one in five, I don't think it's worth the effort.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
839 Posts

Profile of e-man
I Love All of you. Smile
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, ringmaster wrote:
Audiences do not seem to recognize ESP cards, and given that most ESP effects are a paltry one in five, I don't think it's worth the effort.

A single iteration is 1:5, yes. Matching a 5-card sequence is 5X4X3X2X1 = 5! = 1:120, which is more than twice as unlikely as a pure ACAAN, so you must hate those 2X as much, right?

Picking a random 2 digit number and being within 2 (1 on each side/"off by one")? 1:30, so even less statistically impressive, so throw that out too.

A little bit of math is quite dangerous. Or, as Mark Twain said, "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1952 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Picking a random 2 digit number and being within 2 (1 on each side/"off by one")? 1:30, so even less statistically impressive, so throw that out too.
That wouldn't impress any audience, even after I explained the math. It's like the Polish joke, I haven't got time to explain it eight times.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1952 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
A little history. The original ESP test cards, which are still being sold, were printed up for use by Rhine, who was not at Duke University. Rhine worked with grad students who quickly found that the students who had "the gift" the ones who got kept on. Someone in the project noticed that you can see through the thin card stock. New cards were ordered on thicker stock, and surprise the results dropped of to chance. At some point they went back to the ordinal two ply cards which you can still buy today.
If you google ESP cards today, you will find many brands, only a few are advertised as unmarked ESP cards.
Personally, I use a a six symbol, six color deck, and a six card matching routine. "Bobs Your Uncle"
For some background:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/ho......-science
ipe
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of ipe
Thank you for the article, it is very interesting.

"Still, just as it was in Rhine’s day, even if established science dismisses ESP and psi, the general public remains fascinated by it. A 2011 YouGov poll found that 48 percent of Americans believe in ESP, more than believe in ghosts or reincarnation."

Wow, 48% believers vs 29% non-believers!
What would a real mindreader do?
chanor
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
120 Posts

Profile of chanor
The Rhine institute is still in existence and well-funded. Several years ago after a show I did at Duke, I drove over and bought some ESP decks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhine_Research_Center
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
143 Posts

Profile of DonB!
Corindaman, you could contact Steve Dela and ask him. www.stevedelamagic.com
DonB!
Non-stop laughter. Eternal Impact.
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
143 Posts

Profile of DonB!
DonB!
Non-stop laughter. Eternal Impact.
The Supernaturalist
View Profile
Regular user
The City of Lights
142 Posts

Profile of The Supernaturalist
I used bicycle backed jumbos with the 5 classic zenner symbols until My version was released by Gemini Artifacts.
I also liked the ones I got from Card Shark. Parlour sized with slightly bolder symbols. Excellent cards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » My Favorite ESP Card Routine--What's Yours? (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL