The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nomen Dolum by phill smith (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Any one has it and would be ok to give a review or some comments on it please ?
JackThomson
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of JackThomson
I bought this the other day and I have to say, I think this is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!

Although the principle here is not new (in fact, I think it is centuries old), the idea of applying it to a name guess is genius.

From the spectator's point of view, you literally have them think of a male or female thought of name (this works with over 130 common names) they never write it down or give you any information about the name whatsoever, they have a look to see what personality traits are associated with that name (they don't show you) and yet you are able to fully reveal the name in any way that you see fit.

What really elevates this above other effects utilising this principle is that the process is truly invisible within the presentation and everything single action is completely justified and would be something that you would have done regardless of method.

This also has huge P**-S**** potential as could be used to create such a clean effect as part of a stage act.

I can't believe I haven't seen more written about this and I'm just lucky that I stumbled across it on Phill's website.

I highly recommend this! - It is so much better than the crappy propless name guesses that are constantly being flogged that barely work.

The only negative is that the cards (although beautifully designed) are too big to fit in my wallet and the packaging is too blatant to be used as a carry case so I need to buy something to be able to carry it on the go and protect the cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nomen Dolum by phill smith (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL